Transmog Suggestion Thread

Zeldy

Re: Transmog Suggestion Thread

Post by Zeldy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:43 am

So the new patch has been out for a few days now. I've been looking to see if any of the suggestions listed so far might have been included.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:17 pm

Zeldy wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:43 am
So the new patch has been out for a few days now. I've been looking to see if any of the suggestions listed so far might have been included.
They're adding in the tier set recolors I'd been pushing for!! turtle_in_love
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=10913
Syrathegreat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm
Made a post a while ago outiling an idea on implementing the tier 1 & 2 recolors and forgot to post it here in the megathread - whoops! Especially with the new raids coming in the next patch this could be extra incentive to run them, as well as the turtle-original dungeons!
Syrathegreat wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm
In TBC Blizz added recolours of the Classic Tier 1 and 2 sets as dungeon and raid drops, some of which are really interesting and add new aesthetics for the sets (my personal favourite being the silver and red Dragonstalker set for Hunters).

My proposal would be for Turtle to add questlines to obtain these recolours inspired by the Tier 0.5/Dungeon Set 2 sets. This could just be just for cosmetic rewards but I think a more interesting option would be to do similar to the 0.5s and maybe use this to help boost the specs with less gear support?

Furthermore this could help make running the old raids for Bindings, DFT, etc more evergreen and fulfilling since there would be more horizontal gear incentives. Plus maybe the questlines could lead you around more of the new Turtle content as bonus incentive!

Some examples of the recolours for those unfamiliar:

I think it would be great to have access to these sets even if just for transmog - they by their very nature fit in with the world of Classic! Plus I think implementing them like 0.5 would be entirely Blizzlike and could be super interesting! The only issue I can see (other than the work of course) would be that Warlock Tier 1 does not have a recolour (at least not implemented anyways), however from my understanding, creating new recolours is not too difficult and may be worthwhile.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:51 pm

I wish we could color the transmog items the way we wanna.
For specific items:
small cross (main or offhand)
big cross (two-hands)
heart (off hand)
high heels (feet)
clown mask (head)
a beware! sign/post (two-hands)

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Would be nice to be able to apply different enchant glows.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:02 am

Syrathegreat wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:17 pm
Zeldy wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:43 am
They're adding in the tier set recolors I'd been pushing for!! turtle_in_love
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=10913
Syrathegreat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm
Made a post a while ago outiling an idea on implementing the tier 1 & 2 recolors and forgot to post it here in the megathread - whoops! Especially with the new raids coming in the next patch this could be extra incentive to run them, as well as the turtle-original dungeons!
Syrathegreat wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm
In TBC Blizz added recolours of the Classic Tier 1 and 2 sets as dungeon and raid drops, some of which are really interesting and add new aesthetics for the sets (my personal favourite being the silver and red Dragonstalker set for Hunters).

My proposal would be for Turtle to add questlines to obtain these recolours inspired by the Tier 0.5/Dungeon Set 2 sets. This could just be just for cosmetic rewards but I think a more interesting option would be to do similar to the 0.5s and maybe use this to help boost the specs with less gear support?

Furthermore this could help make running the old raids for Bindings, DFT, etc more evergreen and fulfilling since there would be more horizontal gear incentives. Plus maybe the questlines could lead you around more of the new Turtle content as bonus incentive!

Some examples of the recolours for those unfamiliar:

I think it would be great to have access to these sets even if just for transmog - they by their very nature fit in with the world of Classic! Plus I think implementing them like 0.5 would be entirely Blizzlike and could be super interesting! The only issue I can see (other than the work of course) would be that Warlock Tier 1 does not have a recolour (at least not implemented anyways), however from my understanding, creating new recolours is not too difficult and may be worthwhile.
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! happy_turtle_head

Gingerale01

Post by Gingerale01 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:23 am

All unobtainable shirts that have chainmail/armor appearances. The paladin trainers wear them, they would make things look way better for certain gear sets

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:49 am

Gingerale01 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:23 am
All unobtainable shirts that have chainmail/armor appearances. The paladin trainers wear them, they would make things look way better for certain gear sets
I agree with you. There's so many NPCs that wear amazing looking pieces that aren't yet available to players in general.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:31 am

Some more wish list items:

Imbued Netherweave Robe [Display ID: 38920]

I absolutely love these robes and I've even seen some custom NPCs wearing them in Turtle WoW so it's not too far fetched to suggest players be able to wear them as well.
My idea for obtaining these would to have them be a level 60 rare BoP purchased through the High Elf quartermaster with a reputation of Exalted with Silvermoon Remnant.

Blood Elf Bandit Mask [Display ID: 42478]

Another popular cosmetic item that I think would fit quite well with Turtle WoW's aesthetic.
I think this could easily serve as either a quest reward or a drop for the upcoming Thalassian Highlands zone, similar to the other cosmetic head pieces available for low level players in Elwynn Forest and Durotar.

Vile Fumigator's Mask [Display ID: 64043]

An excellent roleplay item that's not too outlandish.
I have a few suggestions for how this could be obtained. It could be a seasonal reward from the Love is in the Air event, it could be a quest reward from the Eastern Plaguelands, or it could be a drop within Stratholme. All of these would require being level 60 to actually equip.

Corruptor Raiment

An absolutely beautiful, classic and ghastly set. I feel like this could be the reward of a long endgame quest for Warlock players who steadily obtain piece by piece until they've fully proven themselves and are crowned with the headdress to complete the set.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sun May 19, 2024 7:37 am

Maybe you should introduce an invisible Transmogrification shield? Or at least make a small version the size of a hand. Or in the form of a staff.
I have a paladin with a shield to regenerate mana and I would really like to remove this shield visually.

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:36 am

Could be nice to see, some of TBC recolors of dungeon sets such.

https://www.wowmogcompanion.com/sets/sh ... or-recolor

http://www.wowmogcompanion.com/sets/bat ... or-recolor

http://www.wowmogcompanion.com/sets/lig ... or-recolor

http://www.wowmogcompanion.com/sets/elements-recolor

http://www.wowmogcompanion.com/sets/wil ... nt-recolor

But also TBC sets could bee cool as well. Maybe even WOTLK dungeon ones, because they also kinda fit to classic vibe.
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Ayesha

Post by Ayesha » Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 am

I would add all of the PVP armor sets as tmog options. I have never done a BG and don't plan to do one, and I just love looks of some of the PVP armor pieces that I will never get because I didn't come to this game to PVP.

My fav so far is Field Marshal Satin Vestments for priest, it would be so cool if I could choose 1 of the pvp armor chests after doing a quest chain that would take me to different raids.

Nelaar

Post by Nelaar » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:39 am

It would be cool to see this item in the game: https://www.wowhead.com/item=29117/stormspire-vest.

The current version of the Black Mageweave Chest has no arm straps, preventing transmog completion. 

The item presented in the link above is devoid of such shortcomings and will allow many players to complete the transmog of their dreams.

Zulkarom

Post by Zulkarom » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Troll warpaints as race restricted shirts from reputation.

Yinwei

Post by Yinwei » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:02 am

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:34 pm

adding tier sets from tbc and wrath would nice along with weapons that drop off last bosses of the raids from those expansions

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:32 pm

This robes is from the Scholomance Occultist. I think we could not only use this color of dress style, but we could also use other colors. One in particular is making the AQ40 Robes of Triumvirate a bright green as hinted by the icon of the item instead of being the same color as the Robes of Insight.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60