Priests need a buff mostly shadow.

Jammyzz

Priests need a buff mostly shadow.

Post by Jammyzz » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:39 am

We need shadow word:death for PVP.

Mayby slightly increase the range for allso for mind flay.

Shadowfiend would also be a nice addition.

Another member mentioned 2x mindflay this is a good idea but I think x3 would be better as we have no Aoe.

Ty

Atreidon
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Priests need a buff mostly shadow.

Post by Atreidon » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:41 am

What do you mean? You basically have shadow word death...

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=45555

Also mindflay x3 LOL

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:49 am

Jammyzz wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:39 am

Another member mentioned 2x mindflay this is a good idea but I think x3 would be better as we have no Aoe.

Ty
Kinda hoping you're not serious, but- if so, all of these (except increased mind flay range maybe) are just on another level of stupid. I'm not even going to bother explaining why right now.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Borefficz
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Borefficz » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:52 am

If anything shadow priests are overpowered rather than too weak in PvP

Charanko
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Charanko » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:53 am

They are already too broken
Orky

Warlord

Sulfuron Champion

Overlord of Orgrimmar

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:55 am

I think this may be a troll post

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:32 pm

Lol, this post really epitomizes why I don't take balance insights on this forum seriously, and why the devs shouldn't either. WoW is unique in that people try to approach it competitively despite it having no formal ranking system, i.e. a skill-based way to differentiate and delineate who is and isn't actually a good player (r14 is just time based, not skill based), and as such, a way to directly parse out whose insight is worthwhile. Many people have played WoW for several years, thousands of hours, but time invested in something doesn't necessarily make you good at it, case in point look at people practicing improperly and people stuck in low elo league of legends for thousands of games.
The reality is that most people on this forum aren't good but try to speculate on balance as if they were. Shadow priest is objectively one of the strongest PvP classes here and has received buffs already. This same person probably thinks paladins are 'the best' PvP class, despite them just being noob-stompers (herein lies the reason so many people echo the sentiment...).

Matiel

Post by Matiel » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:04 pm

Improved Fade in Shadow tree could add to Fade that during it, shadow abilities restore x% of the shadow damage dealt to the enemy. So while levelling Shadow doesn't rely so much on Spirit. Shadow is a vampiric power, spirit should be a focus of Holy, and Wanding of discipline, Fade mana-leech from shadow spells for Shadow.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:23 pm

At low level you gain all the regen you need from spirit tap & the occasional renew, on higher lvl you literally have vampiric touch to do exactly that leeching...

Matiel

Post by Matiel » Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:58 pm

Atreidon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:23 pm
At low level you gain all the regen you need from spirit tap & the occasional renew, on higher lvl you literally have vampiric touch to do exactly that leeching...
The point is shadow not relying on spirit and wanding with 5 sec rule, leaving it to holy and discipline.
On low level you have endless wanding as shadow.
Fade allowing mana leech from shadow damage fits shadow perfectly.
On higher level you have life leech mainly, not any substantial mana regen, and renew is life regen costing mana, that is unrelated, I was referring purely to mana regen.
The point is being able to use spells while levelling, instead of having to wand and 5sec rule, since early levels.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:00 pm

Fade as an ability has its uses, why shoehorn something into the spec you can also achieve by simply reducing te manacost of the lower ranks of mindflay by a couple points if there is actually not enough mana to go around.

But also, you are a manaclass. Actually managing the blue juice and expecting it to run dry IS INTENTIONAL. Especially as lvling character you arent a seasoned spellcaster that has infinite mana. Why do you think wands exist if you arent supposed to use them?

Drubarrymooer
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:19 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:49 am
Jammyzz wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:39 am

Ty
Kinda hoping you're not serious, but- if so, all of these (except increased mind flay range maybe) are just on another level of stupid. I'm not even going to bother explaining why right now.
I'm fairly certain increasing the 24 yard range on mind flay would negatively effect pvp. I still wish they'd increase the range for pve though.

Matiel

Post by Matiel » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:07 am

I didn't specify that my suggestion was mana-steal from doing shadow damage during Fade, sorry about the confusion, updated:
Matiel wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:04 pm
Improved Fade in Shadow tree could add to Fade that during it, shadow abilities restore mana from x% of the shadow damage dealt to the enemy. So while levelling Shadow doesn't rely so much on Spirit. Shadow is a vampiric power, spirit should be a focus of Holy, and Wanding of discipline, Fade mana-leech from shadow spells for Shadow.