Tel'abim Warrior Leveling PvP Montage

Necrolic
Has liked: 4 times

Tel'abim Warrior Leveling PvP Montage

Post by Necrolic » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:35 pm

Hello. These recordings are from Tel'abim server a year ago. So I decided to make them into a video. Here I play with my warlock friend mostly. 2v2s, 2v4s and so on. I hope you enjoy.
Likes and comments are appreciated.

Reddguard
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Tel'abim Warrior Leveling PvP Montage

Post by Reddguard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:35 pm

Nice, I love watching PvP montages. This is the first montage I've watched that takes place on Tel'Abim. Somehow it's more exciting when I play on the server myself. Although I don't see so much action nowadays in that level range (but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough).

About the montage itself: It feels like many others in terms of editing and music (which I like). The UI is similar to mine. I'd use MikScrollingBattleText to have the scrolling battle text not directly in the center. Then, the viewer (and you) can see more of your avatar. Also, those funny clips inbetween are really well placed, imo.
Good job!

Necrolic

Post by Necrolic » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:59 pm

Reddguard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:35 pm
Nice, I love watching PvP montages. This is the first montage I've watched that takes place on Tel'Abim. Somehow it's more exciting when I play on the server myself. Although I don't see so much action nowadays in that level range (but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough).

About the montage itself: It feels like many others in terms of editing and music (which I like). The UI is similar to mine. I'd use MikScrollingBattleText to have the scrolling battle text not directly in the center. Then, the viewer (and you) can see more of your avatar. Also, those funny clips inbetween are really well placed, imo.
Good job!
First of all, thanks for watching. About the addon you recommended, I will try it out if i start to play the game again ^^. These scenes are from a year ago when the server was like two weeks old. So it might be normal that you don't see low levels now.

Daedalus007
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:42 pm

Necrolic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:35 pm
Hello. These recordings are from Tel'abim server a year ago. So I decided to make them into a video. Here I play with my warlock friend mostly. 2v2s, 2v4s and so on. I hope you enjoy.
Love the video! Glad you leveled with a buddy, though perhaps having a Priest, Druid, or even Paladin to level alongside you might've done a bit better for your survivability.

A good PvP video doesn't only show snippets of the 1% of awesome crits and wins; it also shows some fails and for you to put them in your video shows some awesome realistic PvP rather than carefully-edited 'I WIN' buttons. Well done!

Necrolic

Post by Necrolic » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:25 am

Daedalus007 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:42 pm
Necrolic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:35 pm
Love the video! Glad you leveled with a buddy, though perhaps having a Priest, Druid, or even Paladin to level alongside you might've done a bit better for your survivability.

A good PvP video doesn't only show snippets of the 1% of awesome crits and wins; it also shows some fails and for you to put them in your video shows some awesome realistic PvP rather than carefully-edited 'I WIN' buttons. Well done!
Yea I also wanted a healer with me as a warrior, but my friend and I don't like to play these classes. We actually had another friend who supposed to play paladin with us, but he couldn't join afterwards. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:29 am

love these twow 10 yards meele hits

Daedalus007
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:38 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:29 am
That's completely realistic to vanilla. Aren't you aware of melee leeway? ;)

Necrolic

Post by Necrolic » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:39 pm

Yea there are like 2 scenes that I white hit far away in the video, I thought it was the leeway too but I'm still not quite sure if it's really from it.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:34 am

Daedalus007 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:38 pm
Ataika wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:29 am
That's completely realistic to vanilla. Aren't you aware of melee leeway? ;)
Leeway exists with spell batching, and if turtle nerfed spell batching it should nerf leeway too, both are archaistic mechanics. Your point "uh oh thats vanilla" is null since many vanilla features have been nerfed or tweaked here.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:10 pm

That leeway is from the Classic Beta which was wrong and broken.
It does not represent Vanilla.