More ideas to increase Tel'Abim population

Crunkship

More ideas to increase Tel'Abim population

Post by Crunkship » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:04 pm

1) EXP gain at 10x from pvp for players under level 40 to really make bg queue's pop
2) EXP gain at 4x instead of 2x
3) Free mount at 30% increase to movement for all level 1 characters

Likaleo

Re: More ideas to increase Tel'Abim population

Post by Likaleo » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:18 pm

Or just turn it to hc realm turn all the charas hc

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:31 pm

Why should people go to dead server?
Tel'Abim will lose more players on june 29 after new classic pvp fresh server release.

Leojje

Post by Leojje » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:46 pm

Likaleo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:18 pm
Or just turn it to hc realm turn all the charas hc
How many active hc players are there, is the number greater than tel'abim? Might not be worth the extra hassle until then

Ataika
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ataika » Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:20 am

Your suggestion wont increase population
No way some1 gonna be like "uh oh free mount iam in" andjump into 100 online server.

Neltharion

Post by Neltharion » Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:23 am

Crunkship wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:04 pm
1) EXP gain at 10x from pvp for players under level 40 to really make bg queue's pop
Very bad ideas.
Come up with PvP additions exclusive to Tel'abim
Attract PvP players.
Don't add cheap leveling skips
Enhanchad on Tel'Abim, I like dragons.
That's pretty much it.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:19 am

The philosophy behind Turtle is enjoying the leveling process, adding ways to skip or dramatically speed up the leveling process is silly.
You're speeding through 90% of the game just to reach 10% of the game.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Crunkship

Post by Crunkship » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:56 am

Neltharion wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:23 am
Crunkship wrote:
Very bad ideas.
Attract PvP players.
pvp does not exist on tel'abim until you're 60, so why not let people skip the pve so they can start to pvp? I haven't seen a single instance of world pvp or a bg pop while being under level 40. It's not there

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:39 pm

Crunkship wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:56 am
Neltharion wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:23 am
Crunkship wrote:
Very bad ideas.
Attract PvP players.
pvp does not exist on tel'abim until you're 60, so why not let people skip the pve so they can start to pvp? I haven't seen a single instance of world pvp or a bg pop while being under level 40. It's not there
Might aswel make it instant 60 fun server then. The whole point of turtle wow is the leveling journey and trying the new challenge glyphs and new dungeons
Thats why I can't understand why they even made a PvP server, it population is clearly not there, was only populated for a week or two for the fresh hype that soon wore off.

If you want to just pvp just join a classic server with better pvp balance.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:48 pm

let players transfer toons to main server and shut it down

do another fresh (fully progressed) with bgs removed to promote wpvp and shut server down in 6 months, rinse and repeat

Bawanaruto
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Bawanaruto » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:03 am

1. cross-server BG's for below lvl 59.
2. cross-faction arena/sunnyglade.
3. A lot more cosmetic/ profession rewards for BG's.
4. lower AV player queue requirement from 15 to 10 players.
5. raiding zones/cities should give honor/rewards.

Xerilin
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Xerilin » Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:41 am

Eversongwoods wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:48 pm
let players transfer toons to main server and shut it down

do another fresh (fully progressed) with bgs removed to promote wpvp and shut server down in 6 months, rinse and repeat
I am reasonably sure that this will never happen. It's the opposite of what Turtle usually does.

Jfvaldesster
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Jfvaldesster » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:21 am

I think the healthiest thing for everyone is to eliminate Tel'Abim realm and migrate the characters to Nordanaar, which is the real pvp realm.
I feel like I wasted my time raising a character to 60 and then barely playing alongside 150 or 200 players. crying_turtle

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:22 am

I'm guessing they will let players transfer off at some point. The server is pretty much just some raiding guilds and players using it to rank easier, probably assuming they will be able to transfer.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:31 pm
Why should people go to dead server?
Tel'Abim will lose more players on june 29 after new classic pvp fresh server release.
Agreed, not only that, but the Turtle WoW developers wasting more time and resources on that server is counter-productive and it makes no sense. They should just leave it as "an option that exists" and that's it.

They should instead focus all their efforts on the Nordanaar server and that's it. If people don't want to play PvP on Turtle WoW, nothing that can be done will change this.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:33 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm
Agreed, not only that, but the Turtle WoW developers wasting more time and resources on that server is counter-productive and it makes no sense. They should just leave it as "an option that exists" and that's it.

They should instead focus all their efforts on the Nordanaar server and that's it. If people don't want to play PvP on Turtle WoW, nothing that can be done will change this.
You can say this if TWoW was actually dedicated resources to bespoke changes to Tel'Abim. However, this isn't the way they are operating. Akalix and co have repeatedly said that they want both servers to have the same codebase. Aside from some initial bespoke changes to Tel'Abim (e.g. removing dishonourable kills etc), there isn't any extra dev work required because it's applicable for all servers (see 1.17.2 patch notes, for example).

If the extra work constitutes deployment, admin, server costs etc, then you can't really say "They should just leave it as 'an option that exists' ". These extra resource costs are minimal compared to bespoke changes to the Tel'abim and would be extremely harsh to be used as a reason to terminate the server for those who are currently playing there.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:56 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:33 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm

You can say this if TWoW was actually dedicated resources to bespoke changes to Tel'Abim. However, this isn't the way they are operating. Akalix and co have repeatedly said that they want both servers to have the same codebase. Aside from some initial bespoke changes to Tel'Abim (e.g. removing dishonourable kills etc), there isn't any extra dev work required because it's applicable for all servers (see 1.17.2 patch notes, for example).

If the extra work constitutes deployment, admin, server costs etc, then you can't really say "They should just leave it as 'an option that exists' ". These extra resource costs are minimal compared to bespoke changes to the Tel'abim and would be extremely harsh to be used as a reason to terminate the server for those who are currently playing there.
Who said anything about shutting the server down? There isn't enough interest to warrant the continued development of the PvP server, the best they can do is keep updating it alongside the PvE server, but it will mean it will only get PvE changes. I was against having a second server for Turtle WoW, it was always against the developers' philosophy, they only agreed to do it, because there were a lot of people asking for it and it was at the same time they created Chinese servers so they were probably still on the "creating new servers inertia" and decided to create one more (the PvP one), because why not.

Everyone who is so loyal to the PvP server, absolutely refuses to acknowledge the fact that it's dead, because people just aren't interested to play PvP on Vanilla or Turtle WoW. It's boring, frustrating and all the incentives in later expansions don't exist here.

They can keep it on for all I care, I will never bother playing there, but nobody should expect such a server to ever gain back its players, it will only keep losing more until it's completely dead and the last 20 people stop playing.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:59 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:56 pm
Who said anything about shutting the server down? There isn't enough interest to warrant the continued development of the PvP server, the best they can do is keep updating it alongside the PvE server, but it will mean it will only get PvE changes.
And this is pretty much what they have done and will continue to do so. Other than the initial setup of the PvP server and changing how dishonourable kills work, I don't think there have been any other bespoke changes.

99% of their proposed changes (see dev roadmap) will be rolled out on both servers. So, you've got your wish.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:39 am

Jc473 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:59 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:56 pm
Who said anything about shutting the server down? There isn't enough interest to warrant the continued development of the PvP server, the best they can do is keep updating it alongside the PvE server, but it will mean it will only get PvE changes.
And this is pretty much what they have done and will continue to do so. Other than the initial setup of the PvP server and changing how dishonourable kills work, I don't think there have been any other bespoke changes.

99% of their proposed changes (see dev roadmap) will be rolled out on both servers. So, you've got your wish.
I really don't have any wish at all - as long as the PvE server is chugging along with full steam and there are thousands of players playing every day, new updates releasing and so forth, I'm happy. As I said, I was against the addition of a PvP server, as was the philosophy of the Turtle WoW developers, but I can't do anything about it now that exists. It doesn't affect me, but I still consider it a mistake.