Prot warrior in turtle

Xronisf79

Prot warrior in turtle

Post by Xronisf79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 pm

I wanted to ask if there are any plans on improving/remaking the prot warrior tree from the developers. Something like what they did with the prot paladins. As it is now only rage you get is by dmg you do, dmg you get, and blocks. The problem starts when you get better gear and you avoidance goes up. Then when you dodge/parry you get nothing. Its very often that i find myself rage starved in dungeons or just spamming revenge or sunders because shield slam is too expensive. People should have motives to be tanks and healers. Or else we ll end up with a server full of DPS.
Thank you in advance

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Prot warrior in turtle

Post by Hyrag » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:54 pm

fix your gear
i think prot warrior should get only a buff in pvp tho.
something like shattering throw and spell reflect
maybe a improved shield slam talent that give next spell hit to be reflect. as a buff for a short duration.

Xronisf79

Post by Xronisf79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:57 pm

What you mean fix my gear? Remove the avoidance and let mobs hit me more? The prot warr can give so much more and make so much more threat if not constantly rage starved.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:58 pm

As I see prot warriors have a strange curve in viability.
At leveling they are good tanks but always rage starved.
From early until late raids they are goat.
From late raids they fall short to fury-prot because everything becomes about the threat you generate.

Zahnfee

Post by Zahnfee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:49 am

Xronisf79 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:57 pm
What you mean fix my gear? Remove the avoidance and let mobs hit me more? The prot warr can give so much more and make so much more threat if not constantly rage starved.
He means for you to have a specific Set for Dungeon Tanking something like T1 + BiS Dungeon Blues would be great as you have good HP ok Avoidance and lots of Rage to work with... then again Tanks have already got their banks full with different tanking Sets for the different encounters so the bank is already pretty full... but from my experience having a specific Dungeon Tanking set really feels great!

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:05 am

just play fury-prot without a shield in Dungeons, and your Threat will be fine

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:20 am

Xronisf79 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 pm
I wanted to ask if there are any plans on improving/remaking the prot warrior tree from the developers. Something like what they did with the prot paladins. As it is now only rage you get is by dmg you do, dmg you get, and blocks. The problem starts when you get better gear and you avoidance goes up. Then when you dodge/parry you get nothing. Its very often that i find myself rage starved in dungeons or just spamming revenge or sunders because shield slam is too expensive. People should have motives to be tanks and healers. Or else we ll end up with a server full of DPS.
Thank you in advance
That's why no one plays full prot and use Fury-Prot with no shield for more threat.

Xronisf79

Post by Xronisf79 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:54 pm

Never said im full prot. im 14-5-32 and now that i got the set bonus from the T1 i have plenty of rage to play with. But must war tanks wait to take T1 to start enjoying tanking? Tank without shield is just feeling weird and it shouldnt be like this. Anyway i just asked if someone knows if there is some rework in plan like what they did with prot palas.

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:33 pm

Being fan of Effective Health I would like to see an itemization that would allow to reach minimum required defense cap and then invest into EH related stats to weather incoming hits, convert them to Rage and spread back the love you get.

I really like SWTOR idea of gear composed of few types of elements with many families of stats but I guess it would ruin unique vanilla multiplayer interactions.
Instead items "... of the Beast" family, reinforced armor/resistances could be used instead, if they'd dropped in all rarity types.

Xronisf79

Post by Xronisf79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:23 am

Upgraded to T2 and the rage starving came back. So apparently a 31/20 build is needed if you want to have little more rage to do something else than sunder armor. And that's pathetic. Fury warr is fury warr. Is no tank. But its oneway i guess.

So my question still stands. The devs gave a talent/skill remake and huge buffed paladins. They buffed druids. Are there any changes to the warrior coming? With the best to be to generate rage when you dodge/parry/block (more than the PATHETIC 1 rage if you block)??

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:46 pm

Inovatu wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:05 am
just play fury-prot without a shield in Dungeons, and your Threat will be fine
Become a druid like tank but much worse than an actual druid. Say hello to crushing blows and strain the healers because most of the dd unable to watch their threat.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:52 pm

I'd add +threat and rage generation for each shield attack in the prot tree.
Not only shield slam, shield bash also. Would motivate prots to use a shield and would help them in rage generation and threat management.

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:55 pm

Bogyone wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:33 pm
Being fan of Effective Health I would like to see an itemization that would allow to reach minimum required defense cap and then invest into EH related stats to weather incoming hits, convert them to Rage and spread back the love you get.

I really like SWTOR idea of gear composed of few types of elements with many families of stats but I guess it would ruin unique vanilla multiplayer interactions.
Instead items "... of the Beast" family, reinforced armor/resistances could be used instead, if they'd dropped in all rarity types.
I suggested temporary enchants for all armor pieces similar to weapon enchants earlier, made of leather and gems.
There are endless possibilities with them, like shadow resistance kit, that can be applied to your head, shoulder, chest,gloves and leggings and gives x shadow resistance for an hour made by 10 pieces of rugged leather and 5 shadow gems.
Armor spikes, that damages your opponent on melee hit last for 1 hour and made by heavy leather, iron strouts and citrine

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:34 pm

Calli wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:55 pm
I suggested temporary enchants for all armor pieces similar to weapon enchants earlier, made of leather and gems.
There are endless possibilities with them, like shadow resistance kit, that can be applied to your head, shoulder, chest,gloves and leggings and gives x shadow resistance for an hour made by 10 pieces of rugged leather and 5 shadow gems.
Armor spikes, that damages your opponent on melee hit last for 1 hour and made by heavy leather, iron strouts and citrine
Funny, I was thinking of the topic again just today. :)
It seems that players really like the recent introduction of belt buckles then there are arcana along regular enchants.
All of it is limited approach to what SWTOR implemented trickling in a WoW familiar visage.
I'd gladly see armor shells which have set boni where you can add stuff based on your current gearing plan. It's also easier to roll out new set of mods for harder content than to design whole new set of gear.

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu May 23, 2024 12:51 pm

Tbh shield slam should be reworked because that is prot warrior only ability

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu May 23, 2024 1:11 pm

bump :-)