So is it RP-PVP or 'normal' PVP

Alunda

So is it RP-PVP or 'normal' PVP

Post by Alunda » Mon May 20, 2024 7:23 pm

I just discovered you eventually opened a PVP realm, something I was always begging for before I gave up on the server long ago (couldn't stand the blue-walled pve-ers, and also it just didn't feel RP at all to me, since the population grew over 200 online)

I do however see you dropped the RP abbreviation. Does it mean RP to be supported even less than on the original realm (not that it was supported there anyway, the chat was always flooded with immersion-breaking nonsense) or shall I still find some roleplaying flavour on the new realm, such as, naming policy applied, /say chat moderation (I wish...), RP guilds and WPVP events take place?

Just want to know if the new realm worth investing time to progress toons and run a full-RP WPVP guild, for the tiny nuance in the realm name abbreviation means a lot to some, including me, up to a point of making a decision to roll or quit.

Thanks.

PS Mativh, your ideas are breathtaking, I love you!

Glaive

Re: So is it RP-PVP or 'normal' PVP

Post by Glaive » Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 pm

I don't know if I would call it an RP-PVP server. I don't see a whole lot of RP. It is a pretty small and cool community though. My advice would be to check it out and see. I have been involved in one WPVP thing over a world boss. It was a lot of fun. It can be hard to make money at first because the AH is not all that active. I'd be glad to help you out with bags and whatnot if you decide to give it a try.

GLHF :)

Spot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Spot » Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm

RP-PvP is Normal PvP, with swag.

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 pm

You could join Blacktooth Grin if you want to go on patrol in Swamp of Sorrows, but other than that I haven't seen much RP Horde side since Arise left.

Alunda

Post by Alunda » Tue May 21, 2024 9:52 am

Ninjerk wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 pm
You could join Blacktooth Grin if you want to go on patrol in Swamp of Sorrows, but other than that I haven't seen much RP Horde side since Arise left.
The Dark Tabard only joins Blacktooth Grin in their final suicidal trial ;)

Typhunreal1

Post by Typhunreal1 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:25 am

rp is super gay

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Tue May 21, 2024 4:08 pm

Typhunreal1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:25 am
rp is super gay
I love it!
I give your corpse a little kiss, when Im done with you. (Ingame :D)

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Tue May 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Ninjerk wrote:
But they are pretty cool!

Looked always very funny what they are doing!

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Wed May 22, 2024 12:16 am

Frantsel wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:10 pm
Ninjerk wrote:
But they are pretty cool!

Looked always very funny what they are doing!
ngl, it always felt good seeing them in stonard doing whatever it is they do no matter what the population was or how people were complaining in chat about it

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Fri May 24, 2024 11:18 pm

Typhunreal1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:25 am
rp is super gay
It's an rp server

Daedalus007
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Sat May 25, 2024 8:20 pm

Alunda wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:23 pm
*snip*
The server had several thousand players at launch and subsequently had camps of griefers, grifters, cowards, and overall scum that infected the server with their bile and filth; being as hostile to newcomers as possible until they left. The remaining declined server population is the result of poor decision making by twow management.

Had the server been a 'PvP60' server, aka the standard leveling we have now but world pvp forced on ONLY at level 60, it would've not only solved the ganking/griefing problems but encouraged a lot more World PvP activity both in and out of normally 'safe' areas like cities (effectively like the 'War Mode' challenge but always-on once you hit 60). As an offset to being forced PvP-flagged at 60 even in cities, having honor bonuses of something like 25% to 50% would possibly have mitigated the sharp decline and falloff.

Tel'Abim is a failed server as it stands. If the team ever plans to do a relaunch, a PvP60 server would be an ideal alternative to the current situation.

Crunkship

Post by Crunkship » Sun May 26, 2024 7:35 pm

Daedalus007 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:20 pm
Alunda wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:23 pm
*snip*
The server had several thousand players at launch and subsequently had camps of griefers, grifters, cowards, and overall scum that infected the server with their bile and filth; being as hostile to newcomers as possible until they left. The remaining declined server population is the result of poor decision making by twow management.

Had the server been a 'PvP60' server, aka the standard leveling we have now but world pvp forced on ONLY at level 60, it would've not only solved the ganking/griefing problems but encouraged a lot more World PvP activity both in and out of normally 'safe' areas like cities (effectively like the 'War Mode' challenge but always-on once you hit 60). As an offset to being forced PvP-flagged at 60 even in cities, having honor bonuses of something like 25% to 50% would possibly have mitigated the sharp decline and falloff.

Tel'Abim is a failed server as it stands. If the team ever plans to do a relaunch, a PvP60 server would be an ideal alternative to the current situation.
I made a post about tel abim starting players at level 50 so there's automatically a 50-59 pvp bracket and then a 60 only. As it is tel abim is a grind through pve content until you're finally able to pvp at 60

Daedalus007
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Daedalus007 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:35 pm

Crunkship wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:35 pm
I made a post about tel abim starting players at level 50 so there's automatically a 50-59 pvp bracket and then a 60 only. As it is tel abim is a grind through pve content until you're finally able to pvp at 60
I'd prefer they have to level but moreso via BGs and open world PvP (gaining experience from killing other players solo and in groups) versus having to quest/mob grind instead. Also have PvP gear drops unique to that server with PvP-focused stats vs just the PvE stuff.

At this point they might as well consider just making it an insta-60 custom server with only PvP and BGs running with one-time transfers over to Nordanaar at any time.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Daedalus007 wrote:
The server had several thousand players at launch and subsequently had camps of griefers, grifters, cowards, and overall scum that infected the server with their bile and filth; being as hostile to newcomers as possible until they left.
Lol this logic is so characteristic for pve players. Any world pvp is just done by mean people and people leave because they are mean crying_turtle

Just no. I wish nordanaar players could stop applying their fantasies of what a pvp server must be like to tel'abim and why it died. Server pop dropped for a number of reasons but wpvp on a pvp server was not one of them.
Daedalus007 wrote:
The remaining declined server population is the result of poor decision making by twow management.
After SoD, this is part of the answer. Tel'abim community feedback on urgent but simple fixes has been largely neglected, which has killed alot of the activity on the server. A third factor is the constant negative attention its been given on here, discord and elsewhere.

Tel'abim currently has a small but great community. It consists of people that think world pvp is part of the game, including fighting horde vs alliance over world bosses. Even if you fail in the end or get ganked 3-4 times in a row. It's part of the game for us, as it's been for the majority of WoW players in the past 20 years. WoW without friction, ie. a pve server, is just a co-op game.