Increase priest-paladin synergy

Kobiq

Increase priest-paladin synergy

Post by Kobiq » Mon May 13, 2024 2:31 pm

It would be dope to address discipline niche by improving the holy-support playstyle, also providing some nice RP potential. Make Power Infusion also affect attack power? Or introduce some hidden stun, like holy fire having 25% stun chance in deep disci?

We could even potentially justify some minor nerf to Paladins like make cleanse not remove disease, so it's more dependent on a fellow priest? Why not move Crusader Strike effect (+holy dmg taken) to Priests?

In general, if most of the people chose shadow or even holy for pvp, why not give them a reason to hesitate by buffing disci?

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Increase priest-paladin synergy

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 pm

Most people don't choose Holy for PvP I think. Discipline is standard build for PvP Smite Priests. And is also standard build for healers. Discipline isn't niche in PvP. Though the most Priests in PvP play Shadow as far as I can estimate.

Discipline is already very strong tree and doesn't need further buffs.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Quidoba

Re: Increase priest-paladin synergy

Post by Quidoba » Fri May 17, 2024 6:57 pm

Smite priests would be fine with just a couple more cloth pieces itemized for them: +hit, SP, and good Mp5/spirit. Too many of the late high SP options have +crit and/or no spirit or Mp5. If Smite priests could itemize their way out of down-ranking, then they would be a top tier DPS option. I can't wait to see the 2.5 set!

It does suck having to be dependent on a paly with sanc aura to maximize damage as smite. It would be cool if you had a way of giving something in return:

New talent - Holy Focus (1/1) (next to reflective sheilds in disc tree)
Landing a critical strike with smite or holy fire applies a Holy Focus buff to all party members. Holy Focus lasts 10 seconds, provides +1% crit with holy spells, and stacks up to 3 times.

With a talent like that, I might change my mind and go for some crit gear