Make warlock pets retain buffs when unsummoned

Nerat

Make warlock pets retain buffs when unsummoned

Post by Nerat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 pm

This just a simple tweak that I'd like to see, to have warlock pets on par with hunter ones (and help a little with dungeon runs). Currently an unsummoned warlock pet loses all buffs, whether it be class abilities, scrolls or world buffs, while hunter pets do not.

Akos1896

Re: Make warlock pets retain buffs when unsummoned

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 pm

+1
I see no bad consequences for this. Anything which makes the game more just and better.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm

As long as it doesn't work outside of instances.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm
As long as it doesn't work outside of instances.
Why?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 pm

PvP concerns.

Nerat

Post by Nerat » Thu May 09, 2024 5:54 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 pm
PvP concerns.
How would this affect PvP? And why is it fine for hunter pets to work this way, but warlock ones not?

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm

Wouldn't that mean that a warlock could "store" buffs on several demons?

However, I do agree that it probably sucks when a warlock loses all demon buffs only because they don't want to wipe their party/raid by jumping down somewhere.

Edit: how about a talent deep down the demo tree that lets a warlock copy their active buffs with reasonable receptions) onto the demon with a short cast time?

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:47 pm

Just give them an ability that calls the last summoned pet instantly if it isn't dead (and keeps buffs) rather than having to spend 10 seconds casting everytime you take a flight path or have to dismiss it for a dungeon jump etc.... Why I refuse to play warlock it's just too much inconvience and annoying with that and all the soul shards etc... There's a reason why locks the least played class.

Nerat

Post by Nerat » Wed May 29, 2024 3:45 am

Ishilu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm
Wouldn't that mean that a warlock could "store" buffs on several demons?
Hunters can store buffs on multiple pets by stabling them; what's the problem with that?

Ishilu wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm
However, I do agree that it probably sucks when a warlock loses all demon buffs only because they don't want to wipe their party/raid by jumping down somewhere.
Before getting to that scenario, you can't even go on a boat/zeppelin or take a flight path without the demon getting unsummoned and losing all buffs. Having the pet retain Dragonslayer would help the Voidwalker a lot with holding aggro off yourself, alas it seems it's not meant to be...

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Wed May 29, 2024 5:16 am

Nerat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 3:45 am

Hunters can store buffs on multiple pets by stabling them; what's the problem with that?
At least a hunter would have to return to the next stable master in order to swap out the next pet. A hunter loses his pets raidbuffs when the pet dies once.

A warlock could -in theory- carry 4 buffed demons around.

Demons are highly specialized. So, if a warlock brings a raidbuffed voidwalker in order to tank some elite mob in open PvE, they'll still have only one shot before rebuffing or trying without buffs. Trying a second time with a raidbuffed imp wouldn't sound too promising, so there really wouldn't be such a great difference in PvE.

However, I can imagine people complaining about warlocks swapping out 4 raidbuffed demons in a row during a single BG. My point from above might still apply in this case, but I'll leave that judgement to more dedicated PvP'ers.

By the way, I didn't even think about the zeppelin/flightmaster thing, you have a good point there.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed May 29, 2024 7:57 am

By the way if you stable a hunter pet all buffs are removed.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Wed May 29, 2024 1:37 pm

Warlocks should get all the benefits of a hunter's pet as soon as they:
- have to feed their pets
- have to build their pets' loyalty
- have to level their pets from 10 to 60
- have to tame imps/VW/succubi for higher rank spells
- only be able to switch a pet in towns with a stable master
- buy slots at said stable master to have more than one pet

Stop picking the good parts about hunter pets when you had a plethora of benefits 10-60 with maintaining your pets.

Imagine you'd whip out your imp in a dungeon but it's 20 levels below you cause you didn't level it. Or you need to be out and about to tame an imp to get the next rank of fire bolt. Oh but the imp's unhappy cause you didn't feed him souls and now deals 40% less damage. And he only eats fish souls, bad luck. Wanna tank something big? Better run to town and get your vw out of the stable.

And then you get silenced or charmed by a hunter's pet. Oh wait those fucks can't do that.

Stop complaining. Play a hunter if you don't like warlock pets.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Nerat

Post by Nerat » Fri May 31, 2024 8:54 am

Hctwowfan wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 1:37 pm
Imagine you'd whip out your imp in a dungeon but it's 20 levels below you cause you didn't level it.
That's exactly what happens a lot of the time with players when they don't buy the latest grimoires. I don't see hunters having to buy separate skill books for each pet.

Hctwowfan wrote:
Or you need to be out and about to tame an imp to get the next rank of fire bolt.
No, it's worse, you have to pay for it and it's a lot worse at dps than any hunter pet.

Hctwowfan wrote:
Oh but the imp's unhappy cause you didn't feed him souls and now deals 40% less damage.
Doesn't matter what I feed it, it still deals 80% less damage than a hunter pet. Where's the justice in that?

Hctwowfan wrote:
And then you get silenced or charmed by a hunter's pet. Oh wait those fucks can't do that.
They can stun, push back spells into oblivion, poison, remove Attack Power, become immune to everything for days and a bunch of other effects that warlock pets cannot.

Hctwowfan wrote:
Stop complaining. Play a hunter if you don't like warlock pets.
I play both and I'll "complain" all I want. You can keep building your straw man, but it's not what this thread is about. I'm only SUGGESTING (in the Suggestions forum, le gasp) a change that would make it more worthwhile to get wbuffs on warlocks too.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri May 31, 2024 10:49 am

So your pet doesnt do the exact same thing a hunter's pet does.

I hAvE tO bUy bOoKs fOr NeW sPeLLs. Yeah your free mount more than compensates that.

Sorry I hit you in the feels
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Glaive

Post by Glaive » Fri May 31, 2024 11:01 am

I'll whip out my imp.