Talents I'd change

Akos1896

Talents I'd change

Post by Akos1896 » Mon May 06, 2024 1:11 pm

Hey!

Not strictly a suggestion list. Mentioning some talents which I think would be more fun with the changes below.

Disc Priest

Make it 30%.
Why? Shields have a situational use but are usually not worth it. Wanna push them a bit.

Also reducing their mana cost by 20%

Critical hit chance also being applied to healing spells.
Why? You can't take this and spiritual healing at the same time (you can only take 1/5 spiritual guidance, too by giving up on PI). Going PVE disc would feel less punishing because by giving up a bunch of +healing at least you work with +5% spell crit chance compared to a holy priest.

Shadow Priest
20% for shadow damage, 10% for physical damage reduction.
Why? Spriests need their damage for the utility they bring. This would make them a 'feel better' class from earlier on. In exchange of added damage, made them more fragile.

Shaman
https://i.postimg.cc/Gmjn9DFz/5.jpg
Make it 10%.
Why? Shaman and mana problems.

Give them 5% 2h mace weapon skill and 10% melee damage only if using 2h maces.

(Make BL and Manatide 3 min CD, I won't screenshot them just for that).

Pala
Give only 10% damage reduction but start it at 75% health.
Why: As a tank, you are ideally never below 35% but below 75% can easily happen.

Hunter
And raise their base attack by 20%, too.
Why: Melee hunter damage boost.

Warlock
This affecting Soulwell Healthstones, too.
Why: Common sense.

Warrior
Also making disarm 10 rage cheaper.
Why: Currently noone takes this spell, this amount of buff could give it some niche situations when it's worth it.

And adds +50% threat to shield bach.
Why: Not fury prot warriors need help with keeping up threat.

For each arms weapon spec, they could also give +5 weapon skill.

Druid
Would give the moonkin form +10% mana regen while casting.
Why: Moonkin mana problems.

Gantulga

Re: Talents I'd change

Post by Gantulga » Mon May 06, 2024 2:13 pm

Imagine buffing shadow priest.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:29 pm

I do. Do you lack imagination?

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Mon May 06, 2024 3:04 pm

Shaman weapon mastery should be

+5 in hammers(one and two handed) + 5 % damage melee damage.

+5 in hammers(all kind) should give the class more race viabilization for tanks.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm

That's a good point!

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon May 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Akos1896 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:11 pm
Disc Priest

Make it 30%.
Why? Shields have a situational use but are usually not worth it. Wanna push them a bit.
This could be good change in PvE, however I'm afraid it will be too good in PvP. Usual shield absorbs 1000 damage. If you buff it from 15% to 30% that means it will absorb 150 HP more. With reflective shield talent it makes it even better. 150 more HP of the shield is big advantage over Warriors who can't generate rage while attacking shielded target. With reflective shield talent this change would be also good against Rogue.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon May 06, 2024 8:14 pm

A good point!
Will react tomorrow.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:08 pm

Hey!
Promised a reaction.
I will go by PVE raiding point of view, this is my primary WOW experience.
Currently we have 4 healing builds + 4 'half builds':
Hpala is a spot healer, Rdruid is a HoT spammer, Rshaman is a wide healer and Hpriest is a bit like a jack of all trades heal-wise.
The half-builds are either rare or just do very similar things as those archetypes:
Dpriest is a lower healing output hpriest with PI, BL shaman is a slightly worse chain-heal spammer with better melee utility and non-tree rdruid is a hot spammer who also does normal single target healing.
(There are also spriests with their passive-healing. They kinda count but their scope is always their party only.)
I had a discussion about it earlier and I understand that disc is regarded by many as mainly a PVP spec. But I think that with minimal changes (with regards to PVP balance) a new healer archetype could be made and the raiding environment would face a refreshing change of pace.

We have healers who react to the damage once it happens (pala, shaman and mostly priest) and we have those who react to the damage in advance (druid, some priests). We don't have those who prevent/nullify some of the damage. Even with HoTs, damage happens and gets healed up.
I think that shields could give a very unique disc playstyle at PVE raiding but they are very expensive now for what they do, so their utility is very niche, regardless the build. You give up a bunch of healing power from holy as a disc. In exchange your mana pool is slightly bigger and you can PI. This, in its current state is only enough for speedrun guilds who don't have healing problems and PI just helps clearing things faster. But even in that case, disc doesn't have a unique playstlye, it's mostly just a worse holy with a PI. Similar or even same rotation.
I admit, my PVP knowledge is shallow. I definitely want to do something with shields to enable the 'preventive healing' playstyle at raids though. If you confirm that further boosted shield absorption breaks the PVP meta, I'd go with reduced CDs and seriously reduced mana cost. Shield debuff still hits the target, it cannot be spammed on the same player. But it would allow a healing playstyle of spamming shields while putting up some hot and flash heal before PI then rinse and repeat.
My goal is to give disc a unique heal style and I'm convinced that shield is the way towards that.