Big List of Beasts That SHOULD Be Tameable!™ (And Misc Pet Things)

Nazzydragon

Big List of Beasts That SHOULD Be Tameable!™ (And Misc Pet Things)

Post by Nazzydragon » Thu May 02, 2024 2:38 pm

A travesty. An oversight? Many oversights? Many travesties. Here's a list of custom (and non custom) added NPCs that absolutely SHOULD be part of a family with the tameable tag, but aren't. Pls fix smiling_turtle

Deadwind Pass:
Sky Shadow (7376) - Carrion Bird

Gillijim's Isle:
Venomous Jungle Serpent (91966) - Wind Serpent

Tel'Abim:
Venomflayer Screecher (61095) - Wind Serpent
Venomflayer Serpent (61096) - Wind Serpent

Hyjal:
Greathorn Hunter - (61337) - Owl

A list of oddities. Are these intended?:

Thalassian Fox (61717) -- It's a hyena, unlike the rest of foxes that are wolves. Very odd.
Deepstone Basilisk (91963) -- it's a crocolisk. I've had this secret in my back pocket for a while now, as I have a very soft spot for basilisks, buuuut... is this one intentional? Feels like a copy and paste of the nearby crocs and y'all just forgot. I wouldn't be opposed to basilisks being put into the croc family though, if I'm being honest...
Saltjaw Basilisk (91964) -- Same story. Copy and paste of the nearby croc, same skill and all. I love this one's colors though. Please don't nuke it!

And while we're on the discussion of pets... While I appreciate all of the MASSIVE amount of custom pets very much, they ALL seem to have a 2.0 attackspeed. Could we get some fun 1.0s in there, or anything a touch faster than 2.0 for some flavor? I went around documenting all of the custom pets for my own custom little twow petopia list, but they are literally ALL 2.0. Halfway through, I was doubting if anything was different, and it seems not. crying_turtle

P.S. I saw you guys made the venomhide ravasaurs tameable. Just wanted to say, thanks. I love that skin. (They are also a 1.5 attackspeed! Fastest raptor in game it seems.)

Booglesz

Re: Big List of Beasts That SHOULD Be Tameable!™ (And Misc Pet Things)

Post by Booglesz » Sat May 04, 2024 11:06 pm

Theres also the eagles. They're basically owls. Screech and claw. Theres bald eagles in the reventusk area but theyre 10-12.
And the gorillas are re-skinned in tel'abim island they look more like monkies

Nazzydragon

Post by Nazzydragon » Sun May 05, 2024 12:42 am

Booglesz wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:06 pm
Theres also the eagles. They're basically owls. Screech and claw. Theres bald eagles in the reventusk area but theyre 10-12.
And the gorillas are re-skinned in tel'abim island they look more like monkies

Yeah but you can tame these. This is a list of stuff that should be, but isn't. ^^

Booglesz

Post by Booglesz » Sun May 05, 2024 4:50 am

Oh ok I mis read it. I thought it was added tamables

Nazzydragon

Post by Nazzydragon » Mon May 06, 2024 12:53 pm

Booglesz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:50 am
Oh ok I mis read it. I thought it was added tamables
That list is much, much, much bigger... lol