Warlock Alternative Tier Set Bonuses Suggestion

Krotux

Warlock Alternative Tier Set Bonuses Suggestion

Post by Krotux » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm

So the new tier set is a fire destruction warlock set. I thought I would spice it up by making not pure fire damage bonus and instead incorporate pets into it as well.

I propose the following set bonuses, in no particular order, potentially for T3:

1. Remove cooldown of Soul Fire

2. Soul Fire and Shadow burn no longer require soul shards

2. Your pet's attacks do an extra 20% as fire damage. (buff this if still too weak)

3. Infernal cooldown reduced by 10 minutes, duration increased by 5 minutes.

Why:
The goal is to make fire viable without making it OP and boring.

With this, you could go full destro with the fire damage buff, or even half demo half destro and sacc the imp. If the set bonus focused on conflag, it would reduce the number of viable builds capable of using this set. It would also break pvp potentially.

Hyrag
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Warlock Alternative Tier Set Bonuses Suggestion

Post by Hyrag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:10 pm

i have a suggestion

make searing pain crits give fire damage bonus per stack
that way fire destro could be a dps support for fire mage
trading aggro mechanic for more dmg.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:54 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:10 pm
i have a suggestion

That would really suck for warlocks. We are already curse slaves, and now we can't even do dmg because we have to afk due to high threat from searing pain. I wouldn't even want that to be in the game because I'm sure some warlocks would be forced to do that.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:24 pm

Krotux wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:54 pm
Hyrag wrote:
i have a suggestion

That would really suck for warlocks. We are already curse slaves, and now we can't even do dmg because we have to afk due to high threat from searing pain. I wouldn't even want that to be in the game because I'm sure some warlocks would be forced to do that.
everyone is a "slave" in raid environment with your mentality...

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:36 am

Hyrag wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:24 pm
Krotux wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:54 pm
Hyrag wrote:
i have a suggestion

everyone is a "slave" in raid environment with your mentality...
What? People that dps want to do damage, not just be support. This is like the paladins who are on nightfall duty. I know I shot down your idea but don't take it personally.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:34 pm

some specs just need a role in raid to dispute items. if u want every dps spec to have the same role(high numbers) just roll a fire mage and see your name high in the dps log.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:03 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:34 pm
some specs just need a role in raid to dispute items. if u want every dps spec to have the same role(high numbers) just roll a fire mage and see your name high in the dps log.
Warlock and Mage are "pure dps" classes that people expect high numbers with. Support classes are stuff like shadow priests. It doesn't make sense to make a Warlock now be a support class, no one would do that unless literally forced because we didn't sign up for that.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:26 pm

Krotux wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:03 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:34 pm
Warlock and Mage are "pure dps" classes that people expect high numbers with. Support classes are stuff like shadow priests. It doesn't make sense to make a Warlock now be a support class, no one would do that unless literally forced because we didn't sign up for that.
today fire destro just dont have a role on raids.
its a pvp spec
my suggestion is just to make searing pain have a role to increase the dps of fire element users.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:24 am

I'm looking forward to fire dps, lets go

Grubi450

Post by Grubi450 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:44 pm

All they need to do is add Incinerate as a baseline rotation spell that deals increased damage against targets with immolate (TBC variant)

Fire warlock is missing a high scaling spammable spell that every other caster has

Tier set bonus could add a stacking +fire debuff to your imp so that numerically conflag is always a better choice than sacrificing your imp if you are the only fire warlock in the raid

Adding some Infernal interaction would also be fun, and there should also be some big survivability bonus for the imp through the tier bonus