Let's play a game: Blood Elves/High Elves

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Let's play a game: Blood Elves/High Elves

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:54 pm

I have brought an interesting dynamic here, as you know, in retail the Blood Elves are from the Horde, so let's play a game.
Try in the best way, that everything leads to the lore that Turtle WoW has so far, to fit that the High/Blood Elves belong to the Horde.

No retcons, just use the lore that is established from Warcraft III and leads to Turtle WoW lore.

By the way, leave your opinion, what would you think about the High Elves being in the Horde? Would it make sense to you?

Redmagejoe

Re: Let's play a game: Blood Elves/High Elves

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:54 pm
No retcons, just use the lore that is established from Warcraft III and leads to Turtle WoW lore.
We're ignoring Warcraft I and II, which is a big influence on Turtle WoW lore, where there's even more reason to see that the Quel'dorei ever joining Orcs was absolutely baffling on the part of Blizzard's TBC writing team? They even acknowledged in their own trailer for Zul'Aman what a ridiculous betrayal this was, and I'm fairly certain Turtle intends to keep the Amani as Horde allies.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Burnin ... l%27Thalas

Bloody history between people doesn't just disappear unless the stakes are literally world-shaking. The stakes were never high enough pre-TBC to justify a sudden cooling of tensions between these two factions, despite Thrall's godlike diplomatic skills and because of the pride and ego of the Quel'dorei people.

tl;dr you can't make two groups come together given the horrific, bloody history between them with a simple "alliance out of necessity", you need it to be a "we unite or the entire world ceases to exist" level of stakes

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 am

Where is this idea come from? Why do you want them to join the horde?

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:49 am

Lore-wise, taking into account everything up to WoW 2004, i don't see why Blood Elves and High Elves are mutually exclusive. It certainly wouldn't be the first time there was a rupture in elven society.

So you could have Blood Elves. But their campaigin in WC3 doesn't really justify them joining the horde. They kinda had their own thing going on.

Maybe a neutral faction?

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 am

Calli wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:51 am
I don't want them in the Horde, it's only a little game, I want to see if the people can defend the idea of them being part of the Horde.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 am
Calli wrote:
I don't want them in the Horde, it's only a little game, I want to see if the people can defend the idea of them being part of the Horde.
Yes, but... Why?

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 pm

What is about forsakens? Why are they part of the horde then? Is there any lore for that? Or the goblins

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm

Calli wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 pm
What is about forsakens? Why are they part of the horde then? Is there any lore for that? Or the goblins
Didn't understand the forsaken either. Perhaps they negotiated well. But the other Horde members are propably mistrusting the undead nonetheless, to be seen in Undercity being the only faction that is starting with Neutral reputation.

The goblins as a race (they have a lot of subfactions/cartells) were already part of the Horde since the Second War, also Gazlowe, though neutral with both factions, has ties to Thrall and Orgrimmar. So them being in the Horde isn't so far-fetched.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 pm

Galendor wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 am
Calli wrote:
Yes, but... Why?

Only for fun, and maybe for see if there's a logic way for justify them being there.

I'm a lore lover and I like understanding the reasons of many things, even the Forsaken are an attractive idea and don't broke my logic as the Blood Elves in the Horde do.

I love the Turtle WoW lore even being too simple as it is, and now, the Blood Elves are a white sheet that can be filled with an attractive lore.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 pm

Calli wrote:
Well, as Blizzard says, the where accepted cause the Tauren interceed for them, thet believed they can heal the curse.

Same as the Blood Elves, the where accepted cause the Forsaken recomended them to Thrall.

I see in that times Blizzard only can justify some races in the Horde in that way.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:59 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 pm
Calli wrote:
Well, as Blizzard says, the where accepted cause the Tauren interceed for them, thet believed they can heal the curse.

Same as the Blood Elves, the where accepted cause the Forsaken recomended them to Thrall.

I see in that times Blizzard only can justify some races in the Horde in that way.
even if the forsaken would've recommended the blood elves to Thrall, the Blood Elves themselves wouldn't have joined the Horde for any reason. Elves are a quite stubborn people, and as stated before:
The 1st and 2nd War against the Orcs and the ancient hostility towards the Trolls alone would be reason enough not to join them.

Aalena

Post by Aalena » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Like others said, it doesn't make sense for Blood Elves to join the Horde to begin with. Right now I feel like they are too busy being loyal to Kael'Thas so whatever they end up doing would depend on his choice.

I am a little sad though that Blood Elves right now just serves as an enemy at the starting zone for High Elves.

Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 pm

The opening post reads like an AI prompt: make high elves joining horde make sense, thanks. :)

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 pm

I think the way the blood elves would join the Horde is through Sylvanas negotiating on their behalf. As a fellow former high elf herself there is a connection there, although the real cause for her championing them would be some scheme behind the scenes. And the Horde could use more members.
Not saying it should happen but if it did maybe that’s how it would play out.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 pm

As far as I can see, the Blood Elves cannot be justified in the Horde unless you retcon the lore of the High Elves.
Interesting...
Thanks for participating in this game all.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm

Delete all elves from the game.