Tel'Abim Phase 3

Post by Akalix » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:11 pm

Coming on April 19th at 6pm GMT.

Phase 3 will last 3 months, including:
  • Ahn'QirajWar Effort
  • Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
  • Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Slashignore

Re: Tel'Abim Phase 3

Post by Slashignore » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:36 pm

we need more information about the Ahn'QirajWar Effort

Also join the best horde guild <TOA>

Froghijab420

Post by Froghijab420 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:48 am

New player here, is Tel'Abim worth rolling on, or should I keep leveling on the main server? Ty

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:21 am

No, Tel'Abim is dead...

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:30 am

Froghijab420 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:48 am
New player here, is Tel'Abim worth rolling on, or should I keep leveling on the main server? Ty
Don't listen to the naysayers. If you enjoy a small community of dedicated PVPers, roll on the PVP server.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:05 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:30 am
Don't listen to the naysayers. If you enjoy a small community of dedicated PVPers, roll on the PVP server.
The PvPers must be the only PvP thing on the PvP server...

In reality, it's a PvE server (see the announcement).

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:09 am

Tel'Abim is not fresh anymore, so i don't see any reason to start there.
You can do pvp on Nordanaar.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Froghijab420 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:48 am
This is the answer to your question dead_turtle_head
Burunduk wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:21 am
No, Tel'Abim is dead...

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:25 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:09 am
Tel'Abim is not fresh anymore, so i don't see any reason to start there.
You can do pvp on Nordanaar.
Cope.

Ontopic, @devs the opening of AQ should come with a period of double xp as a catch-up mechanism for new players.
You did it when BWL released iirc, why not do it again? We have a bunch of players in lvl 30-40, help em out.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

my friend majestic gonna solo War Effort on both sides regardless of online
dont worry

Toaomb

Post by Toaomb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:50 am

Man there's a lot of people from the PvE server who like to cryyyyyyyyy and cryyyyyyyyyyy and cryyyyyyyyyyyy about the PvP server. Is it really this difficult to just let other people enjoy their own small community? We duel, we raid, we do WPvP, we do BG's- and most of us don't come back to the forum to whine at you for not joining us. Have fun and let others have fun. Yes the server is worth joining for people who like small communities and like to have the constant threat of PvP. No people don't waste their time wandering around ganking lowbies. No people aren't unreasonably rude to noobs. People here have been very kind and it's a tight-knit community of people who aren't trying too hard. Good luck and I look forward to dueling you!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:35 am

Toaomb wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:50 am
Man there's a lot of people from the PvE server who like to cryyyyyyyyy and cryyyyyyyyyyy and cryyyyyyyyyyyy about the PvP server. Is it really this difficult to just let other people enjoy their own small community? We duel, we raid, we do WPvP, we do BG's- and most of us don't come back to the forum to whine at you for not joining us. Have fun and let others have fun. Yes the server is worth joining for people who like small communities and like to have the constant threat of PvP. No people don't waste their time wandering around ganking lowbies. No people aren't unreasonably rude to noobs. People here have been very kind and it's a tight-knit community of people who aren't trying too hard. Good luck and I look forward to dueling you!
Exept server loses 15% of its current population each cons update

Toaomb

Post by Toaomb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 am

There are many reasons for a server to be losing or gaining population over time. I see a consistent base of people on the server all the time and actively help new players get into the community. There is fluctuation and people will come and go.

Does making it seem like the server is going to die and discouraging others make you happy? Do you just want to be right? I genuinely don't see the appeal of discouraging other people from playing the way they want to play. You may have all the data in the world and all of the information that makes YOU not want to play, but that doesn't mean other people feel the same way.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:33 am

The straight stable pop decline over last 4 months is not fluctuation.
There are much more people leaving than coming.

I understand why you butthurting - posts like mine warn new players so they move to Nordanaar instead of 300 pop dead realm and that makes you mad. You would like to lure them with your lies, trust me bro server is fune, everything is going good, come joins us. Except its not, and oh boy the new guy gonna REGRET time wasted once he finds out how hard it is to even form UBRS group.
Do you just want to be right?
People rose questions about tel abim fate months ago, but met a brickwall of local fangirls with "server is fine gtfo" attitude. So yeah its quite a pleasure to watch them finding out.

Toaomb

Post by Toaomb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:46 am

Woah woah buddy, I never said the server doesn't have less players than it did when it started.

I said that there are different reasons for coming and going, some people prefer some things to other things.

Some people prefer the PvP server, prefer to play with This Particular Community, and enjoy themselves every day. There are legitimate reasons to pick either server depending on what you like.

"Raising concerns" is raising concerns about things YOU and other people who share your Opinion feel concerned about, but you aren't raising concerns that every member of the active PvP community of the actual PvP server are also concerned about. Some people want a higher population, many people invite new players actively, but some people like the community where it's at so they can focus on a slower pace. We are having fun, we are making friends, we are enjoying ourselves and someone out there who happens upon this post might also enjoy playing with us.

I just had a long duel session with some of one of the PvP guild's members to test our strategies and it was a lot of fun. Can you get that on Nord? Sure! Can you get that on Nord with These particular players who specifically hone their skills in PvP and look for PvP servers specifically to find other PvP minded players? Significantly less likely on Nord but still possible. Here, on Tel'Abim, it's everyone.

Different strokes for different folks, I'm not butthurt I just think you're crying for your own personal reasons and discouraging other people from having fun their own way is probably not very helpful for anyone.
Last edited by Toaomb on Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toaomb

Post by Toaomb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 am

As for not being able to find groups very easily- Yes, that is a legitimate concern, particularly at the late-night hours! But I don't think going on here where new players are wondering about the server and telling them that it's not worth their time is going to help that specific issue. It's a self-fulfilling-prophecy. You tell them it isn't worth their time, for your particular set of reasons, they don't join and make your reasons come true.

I'm sensing some kind of insecurity around the population of Nord though? I mean certainly at one point Nord had 6000 players, even after the Great Migration to the Chinese servers- Could it be that you're using your concerns as a veil to mask your fears that Nord may be dying so that you can shoehorn new players into going Nord to reduce server competition?

Let people see the pros and cons of each server and pick as they like, there are never just pure black-and-white negatives or positives, it's more nuanced than that and speak to those differences when new players ask about it so we can all have fun :)

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:59 am

Question is how long the Ahn'QirajWar Effort will take with the current population, guess we will find out on friday.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 pm

It's worth starting journey in Tel'Abim, you will have a chance to get Scarab Lord title. This title will be extremely rare if servers merge in the future.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 pm

Ataika wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:33 am

I understand why you butthurting - posts like mine warn new players so they move to Nordanaar instead of 300 pop dead realm and that makes you mad. You would like to lure them with your lies, trust me bro server is fune, everything is going good, come joins us. Except its not, and oh boy the new guy gonna REGRET time wasted once he finds out how hard it is to even form UBRS group.
People rose questions about tel abim fate months ago, but met a brickwall of local fangirls with "server is fine gtfo" attitude. So yeah its quite a pleasure to watch them finding out.
Damn you are one butthurt betty. Its actually pretty sad. If you dont want to play the pvp server then f*ck off back to PVE you utter cupcake.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 pm
Ataika wrote:

Damn you are one butthurt betty. Its actually pretty sad. If you dont want to play the pvp server then f*ck off back to PVE you utter cupcake.
Yeah right you were among these "aww server is fine" potatoes.
Reality hurts, i see that in your salty posts. What a pleasure to read

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm
Xwolfi wrote:
Ataika wrote:

The big difference between me and you is, Im not a little bitch who quits when things get tough. I still play every day on the PVP server... I dont need someone to hold my hand (unlike you.) Enjoy PVE

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 pm
Ataika wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm
Xwolfi wrote:

The big difference between me and you is, Im not a little bitch who quits when things get tough. I still play every day on the PVP server... I dont need someone to hold my hand (unlike you.) Enjoy PVE
I quit this server at 1500 online because realised its doomed and did not regret a second.
So its not "when things get tough" unlike you want it to be, heh
But keep playing boy, 300 online is still x3 of what turtle used to be, server is fine and alive, the cope canister on your back is half full
Last edited by Ataika on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
The big difference between me and you is, Im not a little bitch who quits when things get tough. I still play every day on the PVP server... I dont need someone to hold my hand (unlike you.)
If there are clowns like you left on Tel'Abim, then it is better for this server to close forever...
You shouted the loudest about opening PvP, when smart people said that there was no point in it and it would have been more reasonable to create a HK server.
Xwolfi wrote:
Enjoy PVE
Pve server deserves to be called pvp more than Tel'Abim now crying_turtle
There is no pvp left on this server, you won’t even be able to get reputation for the “Bloody Ring” because the bg won’t proc...
The only thing you do is farm mk and bwl and sometimes world bosses.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 am

Twinking wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 pm
Xwolfi wrote:
The big difference between me and you is, Im not a little bitch who quits when things get tough. I still play every day on the PVP server... I dont need someone to hold my hand (unlike you.)
If there are clowns like you left on Tel'Abim, then it is better for this server to close forever...
You shouted the loudest about opening PvP, when smart people said that there was no point in it and it would have been more reasonable to create a HK server.
Xwolfi wrote:
Enjoy PVE
Pve server deserves to be called pvp more than Tel'Abim now crying_turtle
There is no pvp left on this server, you won’t even be able to get reputation for the “Bloody Ring” because the bg won’t proc...
The only thing you do is farm mk and bwl and sometimes world bosses.
Iv had a great time on Tel'abim and made plenty of friends and memories :) and plan on continuing to do so.

Sadly even on blizzard servers its proven that more and more rats jump ship until one mega server remains.

Id rather play on my "Dead" Pvp server than play with cupcake roleplayers to afraid to turn warmode on so just camp 1 node all night.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 am

Iv had a great time on Tel'abim and made plenty of friends and memories :) and plan on continuing to do so.

Id rather play on my "Dead" Pvp server than play with cupcake roleplayers to afraid to turn warmode on so just camp 1 node all night.
Same here.

@Ataika, you seem to be getting your kicks from negative posting. It is quite pathetic to keep obsessing about a server you don't play on. Leave it to the active players to judge its quality.

People like you who constantly speak ill of the server are one of the reasons population has dropped.
If there was any brickwall, it consisted of you and the other doomposters here and on discord.

Melatandronis

Post by Melatandronis » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:57 am

Thanks for launching it!
But sadly you autocompleted so many quests from the war effort already so you even cant finish them even more. Thats not the best solution for completionists and quest hunters.

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Akalix » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm

The drums of war thunder once again! The Ahn'Qiraj War Effort is in full swing, with many reports of "bug brain" from the front lines. To reinforce with new recruits, experience rates are now doubled for the remainder of the war effort!
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Akalix wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm
The drums of war thunder once again! The Ahn'Qiraj War Effort is in full swing, with many reports of "bug brain" from the front lines. To reinforce with new recruits, experience rates are now doubled for the remainder of the war effort!
Xp boost is great!

When the balancepatch finally drops, please do another xp boost! Many players will come back!

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm
Akalix wrote:
Xp boost is great!

When the balancepatch finally drops, please do another xp boost! Many players will come back!
Absolutely agree, especially if the class changes, as a whole, look enticing.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm
Frantsel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm
Akalix wrote:
Xp boost is great!

Absolutely agree, especially if the class changes, as a whole, look enticing.
Yep! I hope they dont fuck this up.

Actually the game needs to be more vanilla than +. Dial it all back ALOT.