Please change the way you obtain pirate reputation

Turtlesuit

Please change the way you obtain pirate reputation

Post by Turtlesuit » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 am

After worshiping the Blood Sail Pirates, they can only go to kill the NPC 'Jazzrik' in the barren land, which is the only channel. A 5-minute refresh gives them 5 reputation points
This requires 4200 kills, with only 12 kills per hour, totaling 350 hours. Upgrading to 1 hour per day would take approximately a year, which is unreasonable.
Even a one hour kill is a luxury, because there will be a 'GM' warning you in the middle: can i please ask you to not kill npcs as other players need them to do requests
Please change the way you obtain pirate reputation, as I am afraid my account may be banned due to upgrading my pirate reputation.

Grizb37

Re: Please change the way you obtain pirate reputation

Post by Grizb37 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:28 am

Turtlesuit wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 am
After worshiping the Blood Sail Pirates, they can only go to kill the NPC 'Jazzrik' in the barren land, which is the only channel. A 5-minute refresh gives them 5 reputation points
This requires 4200 kills, with only 12 kills per hour, totaling 350 hours. Upgrading to 1 hour per day would take approximately a year, which is unreasonable.
Even a one hour kill is a luxury, because there will be a 'GM' warning you in the middle: can i please ask you to not kill npcs as other players need them to do requests
Please change the way you obtain pirate reputation, as I am afraid my account may be banned due to upgrading my pirate reputation.
I've made a post about this before, as I was farming rep to exalted with Bloodsail, then I wanted to farm steamwheedle to exalted, but I kept getting teleported away and even d/c'd when I killed Jazzrik, an npc vendor that is the only source of rep for Bloodsail Buccaneers at Revered.

The crazy thing is the Devs have actually put reward rep items for exalted with Bloodsail, but the GMs ban/warn you for farming the rep the only way possible.

This is actually ridiculous and needs to be changed ASAP.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 am

I previously proposed hand ins as a solution.

rum hand ins (Volatile, black label)
Gunpowder (from engies, dense stone)

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm

A temporary fix is to make Jazzrik respawn instantaneously to put it line with respawn rates of any NPCs who give quests.

Otherwise, geojak’s suggestion is a great fix to the problem as a whole
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Froghijab420

Post by Froghijab420 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:29 pm

Bump - Please Devs add some additional ways.

Nakedgrandma420

Post by Nakedgrandma420 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am

Yes please, it would be nice if a flight path was also added for Bloodsail players - losing Bootybay FP sucks hard.

Lightbourne

Post by Lightbourne » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am

Nakedgrandma420 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am
Yes please, it would be nice if a flight path was also added for Bloodsail players - losing Bootybay FP sucks hard.
You don't have to lose the goblin rep, you can re-attain it with venture co. mobs within STV and then use gold to get from revered (I'm not sure if you can still get rep with them from revered onward, I just did it because it was easier to get the gold)
Lord Commander Kaiden Lightbourne, Vindicator of Stromgarde.

Nakedgrandma420

Post by Nakedgrandma420 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 pm

Thanks, didn't know mob rep was buffed. Just did it and wasn't bad - able to get all the gobos back to neutral while waiting between bg quenes haha.