How's it going in PVP?

Reflexx

How's it going in PVP?

Post by Reflexx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:38 am

Hi all! About a year ago I played on an old account for an alliance. At that time, I lost to AB and WSG 9/10 times due to the weakness of our team and won AV 9/10 times due to a feature of the map that gave the alliance an advantage. Now I wanted to go back into the game and ask you if anything has changed during this time? Previously, I was stuck at rank 7 or 8 simply because I could play 10-20 games a day and not win a single one. This is very dismoralizing and kills all desire to play PVP. I am not considering playing as a horde or pre-created groups. I'm interested in a regular game through a quick search for the Alliance side.

Valadorn

Re: How's it going in PVP?

Post by Valadorn » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:16 am

The only thing that changed is that horde now wins most of AV too when they want to :)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 am

AV map has been fixed little bit to horde wins it too

Reflexx

Post by Reflexx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 am

It's sad that things have only gotten worse in such a long time. crying_turtle

Geojak
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:53 am

Reflexx wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 am
Don't worry, they are nerfing paladins soon too to fix it /s

Reflexx

Post by Reflexx » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:45 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:53 am
Reflexx wrote:
Don't worry, they are nerfing paladins soon too to fix it /s
What are all these changes for? I suggest simply adding a “Win the Battlegrounds” button for the horde.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:08 am

Reflexx wrote:
why are u upset ?
iam sitting here and waiting for alliance av que becomes similarto ab/wsg so i finally switch to alliance and forget about shreck nation i am a part of just because back there alliance had tremendously long ques

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

I think woukd rather wait and win than have no queue for an almaot guaranteed beat down and lose. Losing and dying all the time is not fun. Maybe I would change my mind 1h into the queue.

From a ranking perspective you are probably right. Since standing is calculated against your own faction. And if they all loose too, it make little difference that oneself loses, it is all about whoever loses most.

Manletow
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Manletow » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am

Everything in PVP is fine IMO
except Paladins and Frost Mages are oppressively overpowered and just unfun to fight.
and SunnyGlade sees no play (but they 'fixed' it recently -- might change)

And the PVP ranking system is utterly putrid and deeply unfun to anyone with IRL job/responsibilities.
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am

Manletow wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am
Everything in PVP is fine IMO
except Paladins and Frost Mages are oppressively overpowered and just unfun to fight.
and SunnyGlade sees no play (but they 'fixed' it recently -- might change)

And the PVP ranking system is utterly putrid and deeply unfun to anyone with IRL job/responsibilities.
This besides mages being super op (maybe they need hypothermia but they can die pretty easy)

Honestly there are some really fun and competitive games where ally wins or horde barely wins. This is maybe 40 percent of games which isn't bad. I'm thinking of making my next toon ally to try and raise the percent of ally who try hard.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Trevor89

Post by Trevor89 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 pm

About Nordanaar, it's not a problem of op classes, it's how are distributed the classes and the PvP/casual players among the two factions: CC classes are rolled on horde side that got two top PvP racials (stun resist and forsaken) whereas on the other faction u have the best racial to roll melee and potentially the best PvE warriors (human weapon skill) which are easier to CC;
Often there's also a disparity on gears between the two enemy teams, especially for PvP cheeser premades;

just cross-faction and disable "join as group" on all BGs and then the BGs are going to be playable...
then there's just to fix the pace ranking system (hugely turtle) and the honor rewards (too BWL level).

But tbh I believe the twow team is superfocus on upper kara; maybe important PvP fix could happen once new PvE contents will be available.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:09 am

Fully agree to what you said. Crossfaction bgs would help make games fair and less one sided m and ranking system change will make pvp worth doing.

TWoW annkiced the woukd bring mercenary mode to bgs a long time ago. They also announced blood ring woukd be crossfaction (it isn't). I hope they can deliver on this and it's not dropped.

Invokersama

Post by Invokersama » Wed May 15, 2024 12:56 am

Geojak wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am
I think woukd rather wait and win than have no queue for an almaot guaranteed beat down and lose. Losing and dying all the time is not fun. Maybe I would change my mind 1h into the queue.

From a ranking perspective you are probably right. Since standing is calculated against your own faction. And if they all loose too, it make little difference that oneself loses, it is all about whoever loses most.
both bad lol, hopefully cross faction will fix that issue after it implanted, also they plan to add better honor system based on Vrograg Fishslayer videos, maybe devs wait after Class changes 2 and Upper kara added and see how it will effect PvP .

also Resilience got rework now it's reduce crit dmg rather then reduce the chance of it, fixing brust issue dmg.

with all these changes i think PvP experience will become better also more balance ( even if paladins got killed in next update and returns to classic wow paladins XD ) until then all we have to do just wait :P ( either that or we fucked.... )

(i know have bad english :P )

Hdliebtwo

Post by Hdliebtwo » Wed May 15, 2024 6:59 am

What I understand from this is:
Horde win majority of battlegrounds.
Alliance lose them, give up and stop queueing.
Horde queue time gets bigger. Also since the ranking system compares you against your own faction and Horde play a lot of bg's because they win and it's fun to win so more Horde join = impossibly hard to rank up.

On the other hand, Alliance lose most bg's, but they have the advantage of insta pop bg's, easy ranking, because few alliance ranking, because they lose so much that people give up.

Hordies did this to themselves.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed May 15, 2024 7:11 am

Hdliebtwo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:59 am
What I understand from this is:
Horde win majority of battlegrounds.
Alliance lose them, give up and stop queueing.
Horde queue time gets bigger. Also since the ranking system compares you against your own faction and Horde play a lot of bg's because they win and it's fun to win so more Horde join = impossibly hard to rank up.

On the other hand, Alliance lose most bg's, but they have the advantage of insta pop bg's, easy ranking, because few alliance ranking, because they lose so much that people give up.

Hordies did this to themselves.
this isnt correct because allainces has a higher population. ranking is not easy on either side and requires 2 full time jobs to accomplsih r14

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Wed May 15, 2024 12:28 pm

Pvp is dead on both servers due to extremely poor balance.

Classic vanilla was WAY better balanced.

Actually noone is doing any pvp or dueling.

Mezzomixx

Post by Mezzomixx » Wed May 15, 2024 12:33 pm

That's the reason why I said a while ago in the forum that it's better to have 1 realm

Mezzomixx

Post by Mezzomixx » Wed May 15, 2024 12:35 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:28 pm

That's the reason why I said a while ago in the forum that it's better to have 1 realm

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Wed May 15, 2024 12:37 pm

Mezzomixx wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:35 pm
Frantsel wrote:

I hardly disagree, this wont change much.

Pvp in its current state is NO fun. Thats the problem.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed May 15, 2024 1:54 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:37 pm
Mezzomixx wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:35 pm
Frantsel wrote:

I hardly disagree, this wont change much.

Pvp in its current state is NO fun. Thats the problem.
hardly
adverb: hardly

scarcely (used to qualify a statement by saying that it is true to an insignificant degree).
"the little house in which he lived was hardly bigger than a hut"

i think you wanted to say you "I disagree hard"?

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm

Frantsel wrote:

Lmao no it's not dead on Tel'abim, stop spreading fake information. BGs pop pretty much instantly on peak hours (EU evenings). Wpvp is very frequent in relation to the server population.

Calling "dueling" pvp says alot about you.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Thu May 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Bjorn88 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm
Frantsel wrote:

Lmao no it's not dead on Tel'abim, stop spreading fake information. BGs pop pretty much instantly on peak hours (EU evenings). Wpvp is very frequent in relation to the server population.

Calling "dueling" pvp says alot about you.
dude 100% bullshit, i try to queue right now. Gotta wait over 45 mins between every game.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm

Pvp on the main server is mostly okish at 60, queue wise (tho played here for almost 2 years tho an have still yet to see sunnyglade; but hopeful).

About a year ago alliance won most AV (the main honor maker); these days, with minimal changes, it's horde. That should tell you enough about the balance (pro pvp players outplaying pve honor/rep farmers).

BG reputation gains were also increased across the board for all BGs.
Many BG items were buffed.
Rank decay was improved meaning you will never derank and as such can take brakes between ranking.

And while I would love to see even more improvements to ranking (ie: buy armor for tokens vs having to constantly farm and outplay your own faction), I can't deny that the current setup is better than what it used to be.

I love wow and twow, but i will shout this until the hills are dry: wow was never a pvp game but twow is the best vanilla pvp experience, though it still expects you to invest weeks/months in every rank but at least now you can take brakes between them so yay(?).

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Thu May 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm
[W]ow was never a pvp game but twow is the best vanilla pvp experience ...
What are you smoking? WoW has been a PvP game since release and constitutes about one-third of the experience. Did you forget the original cinematic to the game? The film is PvP, it implies war between the Horde and the Alliance.

Turtle being the best Vanilla PvP experience? You have to be joking. Just plain 1.12 Vanilla has much better PvP.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Fri May 17, 2024 6:46 am

Jkldsngkljsng wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:55 pm
Zulnam wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm
[W]ow was never a pvp game but twow is the best vanilla pvp experience ...
What are you smoking? WoW has been a PvP game since release and constitutes about one-third of the experience. Did you forget the original cinematic to the game? The film is PvP, it implies war between the Horde and the Alliance.

Turtle being the best Vanilla PvP experience? You have to be joking. Just plain 1.12 Vanilla has much better PvP.
Yes, wow was always a pvp game. That's why they added ranks in 1.4, and the first BGs in 1.5.

But it was a pvp game because of a cinematic. lol.

oxigenate your brain.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Fri May 17, 2024 8:14 am

Zulnam wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:46 am
You're stupid if you think PvP was only added to WoW in patch 1.4.

It was a large part of the game since release. People were PvP'ing before their first raid.

And oxigenate is not a word. Nothing is called oxigen.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 pm

Pvp was an afterthought of wow.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Fri May 17, 2024 7:01 pm

No it wasn't