[Release] Quest & Gossip frame updated and better spell icons

Sxus

[Release] Quest & Gossip frame updated and better spell icons

Post by Sxus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 am

Hey, recently I was trying to make the Dialogue UI from retail into vanilla but making it from scratch was kind of hard with the vanilla api therefor I decided to reskin the current one using the assets from the retail addon to make it look similar but keeping it basic.

Since the gossip buttons are divided and the api to access the type of button is not public (unless I do the frame from 0) I decided to make the icons complementary by overwriting the existing ones. You can still use the old icons but the highlight of the button on hover will look weird with those.

Also I included QuestFrameFixer from fusionpit so instead of the bulletpoint you will get the familiar icons Image and Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

I also converted the icons from Kodewedle icon Pack (clean version) so the icons will look more appealing.

Downloads

DialogUI Github repo

Intallation
  • For the general Kodewedle icons, simply extract them in your interface folder
  • For my addon plus icons, simply extract and drop the interface folder into your wow root folder
you will end with something like this

Optional

You can complement this with the
  • Map of Scars wich add a Skyrim like compass, I'm going to do a small skin for the Map of Scars so in the future I'll edit this post and upload it.
Last edited by Sxus on Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lichalking

Re: QuestFrame and styled Icons

Post by Lichalking » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:37 pm

good addon men, thanks to post here for others can use it!!!
FOR ALL... ONE GOOD COMMUNITY !