NE Mages

Zoestra

NE Mages

Post by Zoestra » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

Hello,

I have already posted this to some but still I want this to be seen by others as well. I would like to propose a suggestion then even tho I dont expect to be understood it wont stop me from expressing my opinions because only then it can one day happen. I do really think that night elf mage should be playable. There Are many possible implementations how it could be done. Starting from adding highborne race/subrace all the way to just making So that if u choose night elf mage it effects your reputation with Darnassus heavily at start. It Is important to differentiate between things that go against the lore And things that Are only banned or not welcome by rules. Just like in any society, individual Night Elves may have interests and talents that lead them to pursue arcane magic, regardless of social norms or cultural traditions. Before the Sundering, the Highborne, a sect of Night Elves, practiced arcane magic extensively. Although frowned upon after the Sundering, some Night Elves might still have retained knowledge of arcane magic. I see this as a proccess of understanding for night elf society. As time goes they Will learn that Arcane was not the problem but the people who Lost control over it yet with proper discipline, understanding, patience And training it Is something that could be used for greater benefit. Since High elfs Are also allowed to practice Arcane magic And move around elf zones without any problems everywhere in Teldrassil it really makes sense that some Chosen few night elfs could do the same since then even they would not be allowed to step anywhere in night elf areas. I know that I have been told that u Are planning new class/race combinations further in Future And not exactly Now but still I wanted to express myself simply because I think this would perfectly fit into wow lore if implemented correctly And thus all I want Is to be heard And this message to be shared with twow team And others.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Re: NE Mages

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm

Zoestra wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm
Hello,

I have already posted this to some but still I want this to be seen by others as well. I would like to propose a suggestion then even tho I dont expect to be understood it wont stop me from expressing my opinions because only then it can one day happen. I do really think that night elf mage should be playable. There Are many possible implementations how it could be done. Starting from adding highborne race/subrace all the way to just making So that if u choose night elf mage it effects your reputation with Darnassus heavily at start. It Is important to differentiate between things that go against the lore And things that Are only banned or not welcome by rules. Just like in any society, individual Night Elves may have interests and talents that lead them to pursue arcane magic, regardless of social norms or cultural traditions. Before the Sundering, the Highborne, a sect of Night Elves, practiced arcane magic extensively. Although frowned upon after the Sundering, some Night Elves might still have retained knowledge of arcane magic. I see this as a proccess of understanding for night elf society. As time goes they Will learn that Arcane was not the problem but the people who Lost control over it yet with proper discipline, understanding, patience And training it Is something that could be used for greater benefit. Since High elfs Are also allowed to practice Arcane magic And move around elf zones without any problems everywhere in Teldrassil it really makes sense that some Chosen few night elfs could do the same since then even they would not be allowed to step anywhere in night elf areas. I know that I have been told that u Are planning new class/race combinations further in Future And not exactly Now but still I wanted to express myself simply because I think this would perfectly fit into wow lore if implemented correctly And thus all I want Is to be heard And this message to be shared with twow team And others.
1.) I'd format that text a bit if i were you. It's really hard to read as this massive block of text.
2.) You actually put all the points in why there won't be any night elves, The Sundering 10,000 years ago was a massive shock for the entire world after all and the night elves learned their lesson: but you are missing some important points.
- Nightelves who still held on to the arcane arts were banished. (and would still be banished. Nightelves are a stubborn people and slow with any form of change after those millenia)
- Those Nightelves who still practice the arcane arts are the Shendra'lar, former highborne, now present in Dire Maul, but still: Those are Outcasts.
- Other Nightelves that were banished after the sundering became the High Elves.
(So the high elves would be your "nightelf mages" in some way).
- even though High Elves and human Mages are "tolerated" by Night elves, they dont Accept em among their own kin.
3.) Your premise of "night elf mages not be allowed near night elf areas" is i think not so easy to implement and would cause some complications if just ONE class/race combination gets restricted with some content.

I know that some people really love to see some of the later race/class combos. But me personally, i don't see this one ever happening on Turtle, since they stay true to the lore.
Last edited by Sylveria on Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoestra

Post by Zoestra » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 pm

U Are talking about formating which obviously Is not my goal yet your text lacks many points of it furthermore u dont understand what I said which Is sad.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Zoestra wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 pm
U Are talking about formating which obviously Is not my goal yet your text lacks many points of it furthermore u dont understand what I said which Is sad.
You wanted to Share your Idea, Which you did. My cricitism about formating the Text aims for better readability, Which would actually Help your Goal on reaching Others with your Idea. People today are Not willing to read such an unformated Block of Text.

And i understood your Text all too well, and i argumented why your Idea wouldnt Work, especially from a lore point. Stating to me that "i would Not understand" just Shows your own inability to undertstand.

If you're able to argue, bring forth arguments, Not accusations.

(And If i really would have misunderstood you, maybe the message of you Post wasnt clear then. Again: that's on your Side then.)

Zoestra

Post by Zoestra » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 pm

U r literally making Random spaces while it makes no effect lmao. And since u seem like a person who needs quest helped to lvl up I can't take u seriously.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 pm

Sylveria was trying to help you by providing constructive criticism of your argument and style. Rightly so, I didn't even try to read your whole post because of how poorly formatted it was. Your rebuttal is to then, in inadequate english, tell her she's stupid. This is not the way to constructive dialogue.

For all the reasons Sylveria stated I agree night elf mages should not be implemented.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:18 pm

Zoestra wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 pm
U r literally making Random spaces while it makes no effect lmao. And since u seem like a person who needs quest helped to lvl up I can't take u seriously.
Again: baseless accusations and Personal attacks/insults instead of a constructive Dialogue. Seems Like i'm wasting my time Here. Good luck with bringing any of your ideas/Suggestions to fruit.^^

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am

OP, if you are too busy with your RGB Monster Energy gamer life that you don't even have the time to write "you" and "are" properly and then get fussy over someone else pointing out that you can't expect to wrtie ADHD-inspired walls of text and expect anyone to read them and then try to fight them about it, I don't even know what do you even expect to achieve here.

Zoestra

Post by Zoestra » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 pm

Stay quiet nobody cares about u talking off topic. I wanted to simply present an idea that people here lack not to waste my time arguing w randoms like you that struggle with reading text.
Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am
OP, if you are too busy with your RGB Monster Energy gamer life that you don't even have the time to write "you" and "are" properly and then get fussy over someone else pointing out that you can't expect to wrtie ADHD-inspired walls of text and expect anyone to read them and then try to fight them about it, I don't even know what do you even expect to achieve here.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 pm

Zoestra wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 pm
Stay quiet nobody cares about u talking off topic. I wanted to simply present an idea that people here lack not to waste my time arguing w randoms like you that struggle with reading text.
Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am
Mald harder

Seriously though, I haven't seen this level of childish behavior in a while 'round here. If you can't handle your atrociously presented ideas being criticized (even after expecting them to be of all things, lel), don't present them.

Anywhosie, yeah, nelf mages wouldn't be a very good idea from what Sylveria's told us so far. I'm not a huge lore guy though so maybe we're all just delusional and can't fathom your intelligence.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Qorvulth

Post by Qorvulth » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:03 am

I wouldnt want a NE mage around ... Butttttt I wouldnt mind to giving Race a type of class that more benefit their lore ... Say MoonCaller class , similar to Druid , but has more Arcane spells type.

I havent gotten the time to flesh it out ... but it be kinda neat to have more magic diversity in their racial roles.