Can't download

Bigsmerf

Can't download

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:03 am

I know, strange thing coming from a guy with nearly a thousand posts. Just got a new laptop and I've followed every guide, a friend's instructions, and memory I had of installing Turtle. No dice.

For some reason, when I extract the folder someplace (Anywhere really, I've tried multiple times. But I was told to use desktop), the WoWFoV bit in the twmoa_1171 folder disappears. The friend I mentioned earlier had it in their folder in the screenshot they sent me, so I'm assuming the error I run into when I try to start up the game is not having that one piece in place. So I decide to get it stuffed into the folder manually by extracting or dragging or other such stuff. Can't do that, and now I'm stuck. Could it just be an issue with the new laptop? This thing's REALLY recent so I'm assuming it could just have good (albeit currently inconvenient) security software that's blocking me from returning to my beloved Azeroth.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bigsmerf

Re: Can't download

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:46 pm

Le bump

Pepesmite

Post by Pepesmite » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:47 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:03 am
I know, strange thing coming from a guy with nearly a thousand posts. Just got a new laptop and I've followed every guide, a friend's instructions, and memory I had of installing Turtle. No dice.

For some reason, when I extract the folder someplace (Anywhere really, I've tried multiple times. But I was told to use desktop), the WoWFoV bit in the twmoa_1171 folder disappears. The friend I mentioned earlier had it in their folder in the screenshot they sent me, so I'm assuming the error I run into when I try to start up the game is not having that one piece in place. So I decide to get it stuffed into the folder manually by extracting or dragging or other such stuff. Can't do that, and now I'm stuck. Could it just be an issue with the new laptop? This thing's REALLY recent so I'm assuming it could just have good (albeit currently inconvenient) security software that's blocking me from returning to my beloved Azeroth.
Hello there!

It seems like your antivirus or protection system may be deleting the game client files as they are false "infected".

To resolve this issue, I recommend adding the game client folder to the exceptions list in your antivirus and protection programs.

Please keep in mind that we do not have control over third-party programs and protection systems on your PC.

Thank you for understanding!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:53 pm

Pepesmite wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:47 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:03 am

Hello there!

It seems like your antivirus or protection system may be deleting the game client files as they are false "infected".

To resolve this issue, I recommend adding the game client folder to the exceptions list in your antivirus and protection programs.

Please keep in mind that we do not have control over third-party programs and protection systems on your PC.

Thank you for understanding!
Thanks a ton, Pepe. Can't wait to be back.