Rework Atiesh for druids

Templar85
Has liked: 1 time

Rework Atiesh for druids

Post by Templar85 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:30 pm

Druid version of Atiesh is the worst one out of the 4 versions. Realistically speaking only resto druids can have a chance to have it, so attack power stats are wasteful and the aura mana regeneration is abysmal. 132 mana /1 minute is meaningless.

Current Version

Equip: Restores 11 mana per 5 seconds to all party members within 30 yards.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 300.
Equip: +420 Attack Power in Cat, Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms only.

New Version

Equip: Restores 1.5% of party members mana per every 10 seconds and 4% haste for spells within 30 yards
Equip: Increases damage done by 180 and healing done by spells and effects by up to 330.
Equip: +6 seconds on any Dot and Hot duration (+2 extra thick)

Drubarrymooer

Re: Rework Atiesh for druids

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:52 pm

No buffs for feral? Eye of Nerub is still less DPS than MCP. I would say something like adds 2% crit to leader of the pack and maybe ~500 feral ap. I forget exactly what the breakpoint where AP > MCP buff. I think it's high 400s but it's been a long time since I've read up on it.

Templar85

Post by Templar85 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:16 pm

Medivh was a caster/mage, using his staff to do melee dps is not caster like behaviour. The staff I visioned is suited for Balance and Resto druids. In case we add feral stats to it will makes it overbudgeted and even with 500 AP, MCP is still better for tanking by making high threat on demand.
The way of thinking making the staff viable for ferals too made it to the current form which is the weakest version out of the 4. The mana regeneration aura makes it useful for caster groups. Even added 1000 Attack power why would put the druid with Atiesh into the melee group?

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:22 pm

No haste for healers, it's too unbalanced.
Paladins will break their bot if they are in Atiesh group.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:40 pm

Templar85 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:16 pm
Medivh was a caster/mage, using his staff to do melee dps is not caster like behaviour. The staff I visioned is suited for Balance and Resto druids. In case we add feral stats to it will makes it overbudgeted and even with 500 AP, MCP is still better for tanking by making high threat on demand.
The way of thinking making the staff viable for ferals too made it to the current form which is the weakest version out of the 4. The mana regeneration aura makes it useful for caster groups. Even added 1000 Attack power why would put the druid with Atiesh into the melee group?
If we're going by Medivh's abilities, wasn't he an archmage? So why have healers be able to use it at all? If we're going by lore, shouldn't it be dps caster only?

Why would it be "overbudgeted" w/ FAP? It already has FAP on it along w/ sp/hp, an aura, etc. Make the feral aura be the 2% more to melee crit.

MCP, even the epic one, is still a lvl 34/40 (dungeon version/craftable version) weapon with very little stats. The haste bonus+consumable is expensive to constantly use, all to keep up with endgame dps. There is a breakpoint between AP and the MCP haste bonus, and I'm fairly certain its around 500 AP for cat. idr what it was for bear, but I'm assuming significantly higher.

There's no real good melee feral weapon outside MCP. Even powershifters don't like MCP because you have to activate it and its costly. I think a better solution would be FAP and some agi on Sulfuras https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=17182 ;) ....but that's a separate discussion.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that I do agree Druid Ateish needs to be reworked to make it better for casters/healers. It would just be nice if the feral stats on it weren't completely useless.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:38 pm

just let people equip whichever atiesh they like instead of class restricting it

Templar85

Post by Templar85 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:47 pm

No haste for healers, it's too unbalanced.
Paladins will break their bot if they are in Atiesh group.
You are right paladins Flash of Light spam is already had way to much power and shouldn't add more to it

Lets say 4% spell haste for spells which have 2 sec cast time or higher
After we combine the suggestions staff looks like a real Legendary Staff

New Version

Equip: Restores 1.5% of party members mana per every 10 seconds and 4% haste for spells which have 2 sec cast time or higher and 2% extra crit for Leader of the Pack within 30 yards
Equip: Increases damage done by 180 and healing done by spells and effects by up to 330.
Equip: +6 seconds on any Dot and Hot duration (+2 extra thick) and 480 FAP and an on Use effect

On use Increases your attack speed by 40% for 20 sec. 3 mins Cooldown

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:16 pm

Make a Questline to split Atiesh into 3 Versions, one Balance, one Feral and one Heal

- Rework the Druid Atiesh Aura to 3% Haste instead of Manaregen -> one problem solved

- Balance Atiesh:
24 Stam
28 Int
24 Spirit
Equip: +150 Spellpower
Equip: +1% Spellhit + 1% Spellcrit

- Feral Atiesh:
200 Armor
15 Strength
22 Agility
31 Stamina
Equip: 400 Attackpower
Equip: 1% Dodge + 1% Crit

- Restro Atiesh:
28 Stam
28 Int
27 Spirit
Equip: 300 Addheal
Equip: 11 Mp/5

Zzz309424858

Post by Zzz309424858 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:48 pm

I would like to humbly submit a suggestion regarding the "Staff of the Guardian" for the Druid class. Currently, the attributes of this legendary staff lag behind those of other professions, making it one of the weakest among its peers.

I believe that the "Staff of the Guardian" deserves a significant buff to bring it on par with other legendary weapons in the game. This enhancement should focus on amplifying Druid-specific abilities and playstyles. such as 200 Armor 2% Haste .

By strengthening the Druid's "Staff of the Guardian," you would not only improve the overall balance of the game but also greatly enhance the Druid players' gaming experience. This change would be a welcome addition that would certainly be appreciated by the Druid community.

Treezus

Post by Treezus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:15 am

You could fix the aura by changing the mp/5 into mana meditation. That would bring it in line with the other staves.

For more radical changes, especially ones that have vastly different stat balances, those can be considered for Scythe of Elune (which would make more sense for feral and balance druids for lore reasons.)