Recipes for staves for Blacksmith/Enchanting (Or both)

Saronsen

Recipes for staves for Blacksmith/Enchanting (Or both)

Post by Saronsen » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:37 am

A very broad suggestion, but the idea is in the title name.

There appears to be actually no recipes at all for staffs to be made, so I suggest there be a few recipes sprinkled along for Blacksmiths or enchanters, or possibly both. Blacksmiths could have staves focused on melee combatants like warriors, feral druids, or hunters who always benefit from attack power, and Enchanters could get a series of staves for casters. Int, spirit, spell power, all that fun stuff.

What do you think?

Lexi

Re: Recipes for staves for Blacksmith/Enchanting (Or both)

Post by Lexi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:43 am

I love this idea but suspect I am in the minority. A similar Idea I had was bringing neck peices to leatherworking and blacksmithing. Blacksmithing would focus on jewelry that is made of metal and jewels while leatherworking you could add a leather string and have an animalistic tone ie one made with fangs of various animals.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 am

Worst case you can give trainers custom quests to gather materials in order to craft items. Considering how many trainers are scattered throughout the world, it be a great way to encourage exploration, not to mention creating another avenue for selling rare items that otherwise go unused.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:26 am

+1 awesome idea

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:00 pm

I love the idea.

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:15 am

Nice :)

I've always wanted to craft a bow within the game.
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Honestly, I'd rather have an entirely separate profession for wood-made items. Call it [Woodworking] or [Carpentry] or whatever else. You could fit all staves, bows, crossbows and shields into it, maybe add some offhand rods or such. And [Woodsman] for gathering wood - they could add interactable tree stumps inside some trees so it would look like you're "harwesting" wood from a tree.
Imo, a separate profession gives more item options and makes more sense, since most staves are normally wooden.

As for neck pieces, I would consider implementing TBC [Jewelcrafting] profession, up to skill of 300. From what I can remember it was very balanced for 1-60 gameplay. That provided craftable necklasses, rings and trinkets, and it used mining materials. Finally all those stored gems of yours will be useful.

If you're really itching to overhaul blacksmithing, it would make more sense to take a look at all that white junk people have to craft at low-to-mid levels to level their skill.

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Woodbark armor blue as a leather or mail armor is basically asking to get added into woodworking.