No AddOn Option on Character Screen

Mellodia

No AddOn Option on Character Screen

Post by Mellodia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:08 am

Hello, I have just started with this server and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any visible addon button at the character selection screen found at the bottom left corner. I have not incorporated any addons just yet (the usual unzip to addon folder inside the interface...etc etc), so I am seeking some help please. Thank you in advance!

Mellodia

Re: No AddOn Option on Character Screen

Post by Mellodia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:32 am

My apologies, I have resolved it.

I had the github addons, but I also noticed that the interface/addons folder is extremely picky, it can't have duplicate folder names for example having a folder such as altoholic-master (the unzipped version) and then within that folder have another folder of the same. On top of that, the unziped folders require to be renamed or delete "-main" or "-master": for example altoholic-master will require to be simply altoholic (no dash or master/main)

Hope this helps someone out there, once I did this, the addons button appeared without any issues at the bottom left of the character selection screen. Just to be safe, I recommend doing things outside the game without it running.

Definex

Re: No AddOn Option on Character Screen

Post by Definex » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 pm

Thanks, Mellodia. This advice helped me with the same problem.