What the point of this trinket ?

Ataika

What the point of this trinket ?

Post by Ataika » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:08 am

This trink is for casters.
The 2% hit looks very nice, especially for classes like warlock.

But the last negative bonus is the main probpem - with a highest chance your casting time becomes +10% longer for a whooping 15 seconds.
I did few tests and this negative effect is almost always persists during spells spam.

What the point and why should some1 use this trinket ?
Last edited by Ataika on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Likaleo

Re: What the point of this trinket ?

Post by Likaleo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:12 am

What negative? Proc makes spells faster?

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:17 am

Likaleo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:12 am
What negative? Proc makes spells faster?
Nope it makes spells longer to cast.
Currently this item on my shaman and casts become 1.65 and 2.2 for CL and LB

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:57 am

it's broken...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:09 am

No its not broken, every effect that makes casting time shorter states "increasing attack and casting speed". This effect is DECREASE.
Obviously the point was to make some side effect, question is why this side effect is so severe it makes that rare trinket pretty useless.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:32 am

It is good if you need 2% hit and dont use direct damage spells like a arcane mage (arcane missiles is channeled)or a shadow priest i guess. The problem is that people dont read it right and think it is better than it is. If it actually gave 2% hit and sped up your cast time it would be a epic but i guess people dont know this so it sells for more than it is worth at the ah.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:41 am

Eversongwoods wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:32 am
It is good if you need 2% hit and dont use direct damage spells like a arcane mage (arcane missiles is channeled)or a shadow priest i guess. The problem is that people dont read it right and think it is better than it is. If it actually gave 2% hit and sped up your cast time it would be a epic but i guess people dont know this so it sells for more than it is worth at the ah.
But this item is very rare, it should be good, no ?

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:07 am

I am not a expert here but if this trinket did what people think then wouldn't it be one of the best in the game and be used in naxx? that is a bit much for a lvl 59 blue

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:12 am

Yeah, the key is the 2% spell hit chance. Blizzard and TWOW thinks it is extremely OP (I'm not even sure you can get 2% spell hit chance on item until better BWL epics like the tear).
Since it's a dungeon rare, they wanted to balance it out by giving it a big drawback.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:44 am

Ataika wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:09 am
No its not broken
The name of the item says otherwise.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:11 am

a few patches ago it was good and i mean really, really good, it increased your casting speed but it was to powerful, so they nerfed it to the ground
AH Price was around 5k Gold before the nerf and it was even better than any other caster trinket ingame
Now its basically crap, only good for 2% Hit and casters with no direct spells

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 am

Inovatu wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:11 am
a few patches ago it was good and i mean really, really good, it increased your casting speed but it was to powerful, so they nerfed it to the ground
AH Price was around 5k Gold before the nerf and it was even better than any other caster trinket ingame
Tbh a plain 2% spell hit chance without drawbacks wouldn't break the game. Would be excellent for gearing casters. Should probable be purple though in that case.

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:28 pm

Not every piece of gear must be BiS, there are items, that grant some sort of negative stats. (There is one from ZF, one from Uldaman, that I can think of)

2% hit and 10 int on a lvl 59 trinket would be too good, the drawback is fine.
Some situations and classes can still find this useful.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:32 pm

Nitaya wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:28 pm
Not every piece of gear must be BiS, there are items, that grant some sort of negative stats. (There is one from ZF, one from Uldaman, that I can think of)

2% hit and 10 int on a lvl 59 trinket would be too good, the drawback is fine.
Some situations and classes can still find this useful.
Yes. I think it is interesting that items have drawbacks sometimes. A broken magical trinket sometimes malfunctioning and hampering you is an interesting concept. It gives the item character and makes it unique.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm

Inovatu wrote:
To further iterate on this, the tooltip text has always been the same -- ie it did the opposite of what the tooltip said it would do for quite a while until it was fixed to be what the text actually says.

The bugged version is why people keep saying that it is a good trinket.

Personally, I think the drawback is too big, only useful if you are in dire straits of needing hit. You can barely scrape together +10% haste from all gear pieces combined.. but here you can get an almost permanent -10% haste debuff just from a single trinket.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:38 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't actually a bug originally and was just read wrong by whoever implemented it into the game. If they just change the wording from "decrease" to "slow" it would make it less confusing and people wont get screwed by overpaying for it.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Mackylol wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm
Inovatu wrote:
To further iterate on this, the tooltip text has always been the same -- ie it did the opposite of what the tooltip said it would do for quite a while until it was fixed to be what the text actually says.

The bugged version is why people keep saying that it is a good trinket.

Personally, I think the drawback is too big, only useful if you are in dire straits of needing hit. You can barely scrape together +10% haste from all gear pieces combined.. but here you can get an almost permanent -10% haste debuff just from a single trinket.
Yeah the reason i wasted 2k gold on this, the seller must be giggling hard.
Whatever dead_turtle_head

Alfonso

Post by Alfonso » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:01 am

This trinket is epic if you can negate the downside and its trash if you dont
Palas dont channel damage spells.
Enhancers dont...
Warlocks only using DoT spells...
Arcane Mages

I think the Trinket is fine.

I like the idea to make trinkets less of a static stat increase and more "proc/ switch for one fight opportunity usage"

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:09 am

Alfonso wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:01 am
Enhancers dont...
Arcane Mages
I like the idea to make trinkets less of a static stat increase and more "proc/ switch for one fight opportunity usage"
Paladins ? Enchancers ?
Warlocks do use casts and this trinket is trash for that class

Only spriests and arcane mages can benefit from this mediocre trinket.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:09 am
Alfonso wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:01 am
Enhancers dont...
Arcane Mages
Paladins ? Enchancers ?
Warlocks do use casts and this trinket is trash for that class

Only spriests and arcane mages can benefit from this mediocre trinket.
Shock spells get good benefit from this since they're instant cast. Idk if totems have their own separate spell hit chance but if it's tied to the shaman then a lot of the offensive/debuffing ones would also make use of it. Not sure if pally has anything that'll see some benefit aside from... Shit, I dunno, exorcism? XD. And warlocks? Yeah it's probably hindering you more than helping what with shadow bolt being one of- if not their main spell even in the raiding/dungeon PvE scene even if they're playing a dot heavy build. But arcane and shadow are definitely benifiting most I think.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:56 am

Unironically this is a decent trinket for where it drops. Its a blue dungeon trinket, just because its flashy people think it must be absolutely gamebreakingly good.

Spellret, enhancer, shadowpriest, arcanemage and to some extent affliction warlock and tanks can get use out of it.

Its nowhere near worth the scalperprizes it is sold for, but it has its uses

As for shaman totems. Totems have their own hitchance like hunterpets, you can not increase it with external means