Anti-druid/paladin pet => scorpid?

Ragetto

Anti-druid/paladin pet => scorpid?

Post by Ragetto » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:38 pm

Hey hunters!

Back in the TBC arena days, the scorpid was a pet of choice because its poison could interfere with dispelling the hunter's mana drain. Ah, the good old days of 30-minute arenas...

Currently, in BGs, when there's a decently smart paladin/druid on the opposite team, my mana drain doesn't last a second, and paladins/druids... they're everywhere. So, I was considering getting a scorpid to bother them.

Has anyone tried this? Is it useful or completely counterproductive in a TWoW context? (BG only - considering that 1/ it makes applying crowd control to the target impossible 2/ the poison is pretty useless against most classes)

Springboards

Re: Anti-druid/paladin pet => scorpid?

Post by Springboards » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:22 pm

probably not because there is always multiple paladins/druids on alliance side ready to dispel

but only 1 way to find out...tame 1, there are some high lvl ones , teach them the poison and jump into bg. I think wind serpent is generally the best pet vs paladins and druids but that is just my opinion

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:38 pm

i've tried it, its pointless on twow with absurd paladin damage
it has cooldown, it has high chance to miss
you trade your ability to cc for a chance to have more viper ticks

Nurincarinun

Post by Nurincarinun » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:03 pm

I still got my Death Flayer which I trained during lvling. It has been a while since I used it for that purpose. As far as I remember which worked best was using rank 1 viper sting with it to trap people into using more mana by dispelling than you would use to apply.