i can´t see npc

Tidevan

i can´t see npc

Post by Tidevan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:23 am

hi, it happens to me that i can't see some npc and i have to exit the game and re-enter. But when I do that other npc disappear (sometimes some appear when I brought the camera closer).
Please help.
Thanks.

Lexi

Re: i can´t see npc

Post by Lexi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:29 am

When this has happened have you tried changing the angle of the camera, not just zoom in? Sometimes when you camera is behind something it'll let you see through it, but cause some things not to be visible. Also do you remember where this was occuring and what is your max camera distance? You can find the max camera distance by pressing ESC and going to interface options on the basic tab. You should see it on the far right below all the check boxes.

Tidevan

Post by Tidevan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:55 am

This happened to me in ironforge when I went to learn enchantment, there was no npc, when I disconnected and reconnected they appeared, but I went to learn the powers for mage and exactly the same thing happened. There were no npcs, but I typed the / logout command and they were all there.
The same thing happens in the bank and in the auction house, if I don't relogue they don't appear.

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Sounds like connection issue.
All NPCs and players are loaded according to server-side information. So if your connection to the server is laggy, your client might not be able to recieve information about what npcs it should load.

Are you able to see other players at the same time, while not seeing npcs? If not, you should check what other programs are using your bandwith. A torrent client might be causing connection issues, since it tries to fill up your entire bandwith.

Tidevan

Post by Tidevan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:26 am

I can see other players but not the npc (being in the same place), I will reinstall the game to see if it is solved

Tidevan

Post by Tidevan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 am

the problem continues, if anyone knows a solution I would appreciate it.
thanks

Ky6ik

Post by Ky6ik » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:56 am

up!
This happened to me too. reinstalling the client does not help. tell me what to do?

Fin

Post by Fin » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 am

Ky6ik wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:56 am
up!
This happened to me too. reinstalling the client does not help. tell me what to do?
Greetings!

Please try to raise terrain distance in video settings.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097