Fix Alliance not playng objectively

Springboards

Fix Alliance not playng objectively

Post by Springboards » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:26 pm

It is impossible for the Alliance faction to get a meaningful win rate because most there do not play objectively; the team does not even know where the flag is in WSG, and in Arathi they would rather defend 1 or 2 bases

There needs to be a mechanism in place which forces them to go offense or cap bases. Perhaps a undispellable poison debuff which ticks ~150 dmg and ramps up exponentially if they are not going on offense in Arathi. Same for WSG if they choose to loiter in their GY or flag room

Nitaya

Re: Fix Alliance not playng objectively

Post by Nitaya » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:24 pm

Isn't there a PvP realm for the PvP guys?

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:29 pm

Springboards wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:26 pm
It is impossible for the Alliance faction to get a meaningful win rate because most there do not play objectively; the team does not even know where the flag is in WSG, and in Arathi they would rather defend 1 or 2 bases

There needs to be a mechanism in place which forces them to go offense or cap bases. Perhaps a undispellable poison debuff which ticks ~150 dmg and ramps up exponentially if they are not going on offense in Arathi. Same for WSG if they choose to loiter in their GY or flag room
I would also just make the game not give any honor at all if people do not go on offense
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:20 pm

It's community problem, developers shouldn't intervene here with enforcement system. Turtle WoW has a lot of players who are inexperienced in PVP, at least I observed that. Maybe it's their first server they play battlegrounds. So instead educate them if you are patient enough. Coaching people in PVP is funny, I do it whenever I can and I'm eager to explain tactics to people. I play in the Horde though. Maybe Alliance loses because they don't have enough coachers?
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:20 pm
It's community problem, developers shouldn't intervene here with enforcement system. Turtle WoW has a lot of players who are inexperienced in PVP, at least I observed that. Maybe it's their first server they play battlegrounds. So instead educate them if you are patient enough. Coaching people in PVP is funny, I do it whenever I can and I'm eager to explain tactics to people. I play in the Horde though. Maybe Alliance loses because they don't have enough coachers?
Have you ever played a battleground recently or you're just saying bullshit?

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am

Do you want an overseer to each BG who monitors player behavior?
Do you want the turtle team to implement a wonky ruleset, to appease the few loud PvP guys?

Here is a quick summary of what you should do, instead of waiting:

Are you a horde player who wants to win BGs? -> Enjoy your wins.
Are you a horde player who wants more challenging PvP? -> Roll alliance
Are you an alliance player who wants to win more? -> Roll horde
Are you tired of PvE guys running your game? -> Roll PvP server

Zahnfee

Post by Zahnfee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 am

in the spirit of helping!

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Kobiq wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm
Have you ever played a battleground recently or you're just saying bullshit?
Yes, 3 weeks ago I had nearly 300k honor farmed. Currently I have a break from WoW. Can you expand your thought?
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 pm

I'm literally smiling as I read this. Doom Tel'abims server pop all you guys want but atleast we don't have dysfunctional BGs.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:50 pm

Bjorn88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 pm
I'm literally smiling as I read this. Doom Tel'abims server pop all you guys want but atleast we don't have dysfunctional BGs.
Because u barely have bgs at all

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:50 pm
Bjorn88 wrote:
Because u barely have bgs at all
Daily BGs are pretty much instant fyi, sorry to say

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Fizzler wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:29 pm
Springboards wrote:

I would also just make the game not give any honor at all if people do not go on offense
Yeah implement barrier detachments like russia did in 1943

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

Springboards wrote:

OR maybe the GMs could actually ban people when reported rather than the usual copy paste reply and nothing gets done.

Koronisz

Post by Koronisz » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 pm

Bjorn88 wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:28 am

Bump
A debuff for alliance is almost mandatory

OR
maybe give the flag cappers a 200% damage/health buff to encourage capping? This way it encourages the team. The extra honor is next to useless

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 am

Springboards wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:28 am
Bump
A debuff for alliance is almost mandatory

OR
maybe give the flag cappers a 200% damage/health buff to encourage capping? This way it encourages the team. The extra honor is next to useless
1st of all: bumping your crap, lol.

2nd: Yeah, lmao a debuff.
Also they should drop a portion of their gold for the horde players.
Also they gear should break when they are getting killed.
If they still don't do what horde wants them to do, let's put'em into a concentration camp, that is gonna surely teach'em.