2024 — March 6

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2024 — March 6

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 pm

• Corrected the Seeker of Knowledge achievement text to accurately refer to a count of 2800 quests.
  • Ignite no longer provides an additional tick upon initial application.
  • Ignite no longer resets stacks when refreshing the debuff between the final tick and debuff expiration.
  • Reflective Shield now correctly functions when shielding other players.
  • Blink should no longer teleport the player downward when used in water.
  • Fixed a potential crash due to Alzinn's script.
  • Fixed a potential crash caused by Web Wrap's script.
  • Fixed Vampiric Embrace and other procs that involve a debuff on the victim, ensuring they trigger on the killing blow.
  • Fixed some triggered spells, like the damage component of Judgement, not displaying any message in the combat log if they miss.
  • Ranged attacks will no longer incorrectly trigger Retribution Aura or Thorns.
  • Reworked the Father Flame event in UBRS involving Solakar Flamewreath.
  • Resolved the issue with Grobbulus poison clouds, preventing players from being kept in combat.
  • Fixed wind stones breaking and becoming permanently non-interactable if two players click the gossip option at the same time.
  • Chance on Hit effects, such as rogue poisons or shaman weapon enchants, will no longer cause you to unsheath your weapon and perform a casting animation when they proc.

Coysonn

Re: 2024 — March 6

Post by Coysonn » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 pm

First! And that's a nice change for Rogues at the bottom. Especially the weapons I'll be using.

Liljon

Post by Liljon » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:29 am

"Chance on Hit effects, such as rogue poisons or shaman weapon enchants, will no longer cause you to unsheath your weapon and perform a casting animation when they proc."

NOOO :( It's the coolest part of those silly procs. Sure it doesnt make much sense but it's visually cool - like a Final Fantasy game!
I don't assume there was a new animation that was added, f.e. Cataclysm's Colossus Smash to compensate?

Kwall

Post by Kwall » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:43 am

I'm not sure which ability the turtles in dustwallow marsh have but it's similar to thorns. Is that fixed as well? I always thought it was weird getting hurt by shooting something at range.

Hawkbutt

Post by Hawkbutt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:05 am

Resolved the issue with Grobbulus poison clouds, preventing players from being kept in combat.
What?
"Preventing players from leaving combat" - makes sense
OR
"Keeping players in combat" - makes sense

"Preventing players from being kept in combat"???
We had an issue last week with most of the raid not dropping combat and having to relog.
Never heard of anyone not being kept in combat.

Ftr

Post by Ftr » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:30 am

The changes made by Flame Mage Burning are not suitable. Perhaps you can refer to the combustion mechanism of TBC's Flame Mage.

Balake

Post by Balake » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:23 am

Hawkbutt wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:05 am
Resolved the issue with Grobbulus poison clouds, preventing players from being kept in combat.
What?
"Preventing players from leaving combat" - makes sense
OR
"Keeping players in combat" - makes sense

"Preventing players from being kept in combat"???
We had an issue last week with most of the raid not dropping combat and having to relog.
Never heard of anyone not being kept in combat.
Just gotta be less obtusely nitpicky about the incorrect phrasing, and have the intuition to realize since this is the bugfixes changelog then it probably refers to the bug being fixed

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Imonobor » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:48 am

Seeker of Knowledge is still impossible for horde characters, 2800 is too much even with event quests. Please lower the number or add more horde-side quests.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Calli

Post by Calli » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:49 am

"Chance on Hit effects, such as rogue poisons or shaman weapon enchants, will no longer cause you to unsheath your weapon and perform a casting animation when they proc."

Is it possible to do that for Vial of Potent Venoms trinket?

Uatu

Post by Uatu » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:19 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 pm
  • Chance on Hit effects, such as rogue poisons or shaman weapon enchants, will no longer cause you to unsheath your weapon and perform a casting animation when they proc.
Does this include weapons such as Dream Herald too :-D

Thyx

Post by Thyx » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:03 pm

Torta wrote:
I don't know if Ret Aura (magical group ability) should be subject to the same fate as Thorns. IMO Aura isn't a buff you can just cast on anyone hence shouldn't be subject to the same penalties. dead_turtle_head

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:30 pm

Thyx wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:03 pm
Torta wrote:
I don't know if Ret Aura (magical group ability) should be subject to the same fate as Thorns. IMO Aura isn't a buff you can just cast on anyone hence shouldn't be subject to the same penalties. dead_turtle_head
As a pally main, i have to say i dont mind this change. You wanna pull the mobs with line of sight anyway, and it had some bizzare effects like tanking a mob who is super far away just from thorns damage.

Thyx

Post by Thyx » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:49 am

Atreidon wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:30 pm
Thyx wrote:
Torta wrote:
As a pally main, i have to say i dont mind this change. You wanna pull the mobs with line of sight anyway, and it had some bizzare effects like tanking a mob who is super far away just from thorns damage.
That's correct you do want to LOS the mobs but having that extra damage on the casters MIGHT prevent healer aggro from a HOT or something else. As for other aspects I think this neglects a PvP side aswell.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:04 am

Thyx wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:49 am
Atreidon wrote:
Thyx wrote:

That's correct you do want to LOS the mobs but having that extra damage on the casters MIGHT prevent healer aggro from a HOT or something else. As for other aspects I think this neglects a PvP side aswell.
Its a bugfix, it was never supposed to be that way and this bug made paladin absolutely dumpster hunters in pvp with the use of some special gear(aka flamewrath). Since they took so much reflect dmg the died before you.

Its also not a bad thing that someone else than the tank might rip threat if the fight is played wring (aka not losing the ranged attackers)

Thyx

Post by Thyx » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:14 pm

Atreidon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:04 am
Thyx wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:49 am
Atreidon wrote:

Its a bugfix, it was never supposed to be that way and this bug made paladin absolutely dumpster hunters in pvp with the use of some special gear(aka flamewrath). Since they took so much reflect dmg the died before you.

Its also not a bad thing that someone else than the tank might rip threat if the fight is played wring (aka not losing the ranged attackers)
Last I checked hunters have no issues with paladin so long as they viper sting their mana dry, that scenario seems like a special case to look more into the gear than the Retribution Aura. It's just strange it's treated as a bug when the reflect bubble from priest now is getting fixed and has the same effect.

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:17 pm

Torta wrote:
SIIIIICK I always hated that!