Useless herb Golden Sansam

Sark21

Useless herb Golden Sansam

Post by Sark21 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:27 pm

I suggest turtle make Golden Sansam more useful for alchemy for high end pots either Mongoose, Greater Arcane Elixir, etc.. Something!

Its never picked in the high end zone just sits out there since its useless. Either make it a useful for an elixir or maybe have mountain silversage drop from them to help with the inflation price of mountain silversage.

Slashignore

Re: Useless herb Golden Sansam

Post by Slashignore » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:35 pm

no dont change old one, rather make a new potion/elixir

What about camoflage
1 golden sansam
1 goldsthorn
1 crystal vial

cant be detected by detect humanoids for 15 min

----------
Potion of teleportaion
2 golden sansam
2 gromsblood
1 crystal vial

on use blinks you 30 yard in the direction you are facing.
2m cooldown

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:04 am

Treasure hunter elixir
-Tracks chests on your minimap for 60 min
-1 golden sansam, 1 goldthorn, 1 gold ore, 1 leaded vial
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:36 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:04 am
Treasure hunter elixir
Solid, 10/10

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:15 pm

Replace plaguebloom with golden sansam for the mongoose elixir. Casters now get virtually free spell power mongoose from Hyjal, meanwhile mongoose prices continue to rise above 10g.

Calli
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Calli » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:58 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:15 pm
Replace plaguebloom with golden sansam for the mongoose elixir. Casters now get virtually free spell power mongoose from Hyjal, meanwhile mongoose prices continue to rise above 10g.
Then everybody will turn to harvest golden sansam instead of plagueblooms.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:59 pm

Calli wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:58 pm
Gantulga wrote:
Which is infinitely more available over the world and also not really used by other recipes.

Calli

Post by Calli » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:00 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:04 am
Treasure hunter elixir
Then give a new racial to dwarves, ty

Calli

Post by Calli » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:02 pm

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 pm

Calli wrote:
Gantulga wrote:
Why not include Golden Sansam to Mongoose reagents though? Instead of other valuable reagents?

Currently to craft Mongoose Elixir you need:
2x Mountain Silversage (2g57s each)
2x Plaguebloom (2g84s each)
1x Crystal Vial (5s each from vendor)
So one elixir costs ~10g87s.

Suggestion to change Mongoose's reagents is smart. My suggestion is following:

2x -> 1x Mountain Silversage (2g57s each)
2x -> 1x Plaguebloom (2g84s each)
2x Golden Sansam

This change should lower the price of crafting the Elixir almost by half supposing Sansam's price remain as low as it is now (1s each). Not only that, it won't devaluate Mountain Silversage price much because that herb is also used in large quantity to create Flask of Supreme Power - example. 4 herbs are still needed in order to create the Elixir so this change doesn't cause any herb supply issue. However, this change will probably cause Plaguebloom price to drop a bit - I suppose the Plaguebloom is mainly used for Mongoose Elixir.

It's also worth noting that high price of Plaguebloom affects other elixir prices too. For example 2x Plaguebloom are required to create Mageblood Potion which only gives passive mp5 buff and isn't that good for casters compared to Greater Arcane Elixir (3g78s) which gives the caster 35 spell damage and is cheaper. I find price/power imbalance here.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:59 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 pm
Calli wrote:
Gantulga wrote:
Why not include Golden Sansam to Mongoose reagents though? Instead of other valuable reagents?

Currently to craft Mongoose Elixir you need:
2x Mountain Silversage (2g57s each)
2x Plaguebloom (2g84s each)
So one elixir costs ~10g87s.

Suggestion to change Mongoose's reagents is smart. My suggestion is following:

2x -> 1x Mountain Silversage (2g57s each)
2x -> 1x Plaguebloom (2g84s each)
2x Golden Sansam

This change should lower the price of crafting the Elixir almost by half supposing Sansam's price remain as low as it is now (1s each). Not only that, it won't devaluate Mountain Silversage price much because that herb is also used in large quantity to create Flask of Supreme Power - example. 4 herbs are still needed in order to create the Elixir so this change doesn't cause any herb supply issue. However, this change will probably cause Plaguebloom price to drop a bit - I suppose the Plaguebloom is mainly used for Mongoose Elixir.

It's also worth noting that high price of Plaguebloom affects other elixir prices too. For example 2x Plaguebloom are required to create Mageblood Potion which only gives passive mp5 buff and isn't that good for casters compared to Greater Arcane Elixir (3g78s) which gives the caster 35 spell damage and is cheaper. I find price/power imbalance here.
It won't change anything other than ppl will pick up the sansams. You can add it to any other raid potions, not just mongoose. But it is a great suggestion nonetheless

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:00 pm

Tigerseye Tonic:
1 Golden Sansam
2 Wildvine
1 Crystal Vial

2 minute cooldown (shared with potions)
Greatly increases your stealth detection for 5 minutes. Persists through death.

I don't know how much stronger than a Catseye would be a fair amount. Intention is to have a short duration boost if the player is being particularly negatively affected by a rogue or rogues in a battleground scenario. The duration is long enough that the player would be sacrificing a non-negligible potion cooldown during its active time (FAPs, healing pots, etc. would be unavailable for 40% of the duration of the stealth detection increase).

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:07 pm

Ninjerk wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:00 pm
Tigerseye Tonic:
1 Golden Sansam
2 Wildvine
1 Crystal Vial

I don't know how much stronger than a Catseye would be a fair amount. Intention is to have a short duration boost if the player is being particularly negatively affected by a rogue or rogues in a battleground scenario. The duration is long enough that the player would be sacrificing a non-negligible potion cooldown during its active time (FAPs, healing pots, etc. would be unavailable for 40% of the duration of the stealth detection increase).
Rogue's already in a pretty tragic state when it comes to PvP and most classes don't need any potions to kill one.

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:08 am

Gantulga wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:07 pm
Ninjerk wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:00 pm
Tigerseye Tonic:
1 Golden Sansam
2 Wildvine
1 Crystal Vial

Rogue's already in a pretty tragic state when it comes to PvP and most classes don't need any potions to kill one.
Fair enough, I haven't done a ton of PvP outside of AV grind.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:21 pm

How about- instead of replacing recipes, or adding new ones (new ones would be a good idea but hear me out) we just add alternative options to making recipes? I have no idea what the details of endgame herbing/alch are like BUT an example like the following would be nice.

Elixir of Minor Agility (Alt recipe) - Earthroot, Briarthorn

Minor Healing Potion (Alt recipe) - Peacebloom (3)

I think things like these would help solve some inconveniences we see with early level alchemy. For example, peacebloom is plentiful, and silverleaf is not. Swiftthistle is hardly reliable to farm for at all and you're essentially stuck praying to the RNG gods that they drop from other nodes. Now, I know that it would likely be easier simply farming herbs for these new recipes, effectively making the old ones obsolete. Even still, I'm sure there could be a couple ways to balance things, for example, weakening the consumable's effects by a little, since these aren't the "choice ingredients" and while you still get the same stats or bonus, they won't be the top shelf shit.

Could this apply to endgame stuff? Well, I have no idea. Maybe this was all pointless and I have the big stupid.

Quick celebratory edit: WOO FUCK YEAH 900TH POST
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:33 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:21 pm
How about- instead of replacing recipes, or adding new ones (new ones would be a good idea but hear me out) we just add alternative options to making recipes? I have no idea what the details of endgame herbing/alch are like BUT an example like the following would be nice.

Elixir of Minor Agility (Alt recipe) - Earthroot, Briarthorn

Minor Healing Potion (Alt recipe) - Peacebloom (3)

I think things like these would help solve some inconveniences we see with early level alchemy. For example, peacebloom is plentiful, and silverleaf is not. Swiftthistle is hardly reliable to farm for at all and you're essentially stuck praying to the RNG gods that they drop from other nodes. Now, I know that it would likely be easier simply farming herbs for these new recipes, effectively making the old ones obsolete. Even still, I'm sure there could be a couple ways to balance things, for example, weakening the consumable's effects by a little, since these aren't the "choice ingredients" and while you still get the same stats or bonus, they won't be the top shelf shit.

Could this apply to endgame stuff? Well, I have no idea. Maybe this was all pointless and I have the big stupid.

Quick celebratory edit: WOO FUCK YEAH 900TH POST
Great suggestion. The healing potion already has an alternative: discolored healing potion from worg' hearts. I would like to see more animal parts involved in the making of potions (optional: obtainable by skinners as they not only skin but successfully gut the animals).

Noce

Post by Noce » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:05 am

include some herbs into cooking proffesion