Aspect of the Wolf

Glaive

Aspect of the Wolf

Post by Glaive » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:09 pm

Hey there~

I don't see why all ranged attacks need to be disabled when aspect of the wolf is active. Melee attacks aren't disabled when aspect of the hawk is active. The fact that you can't use your ranged weapon to pull mobs into your traps makes this whole thing feel very clunky to me. I'm not at all new to wow, but I have played very little of the hunter class. So, if I am missing something obvious, please point it out to me.

Thanks

P.S. I'm very much looking forward to the class changes that are coming soon. Hopefully melee/trap hunter gets a little polishing.

Gantulga

Re: Aspect of the Wolf

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:17 pm

It's a pretty worthless skill that conflict's with the fundamental mechanics of the class. Just going with aspects of the monkey if you want to melee for some reason is better.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm

Agree. AotH doesn't prevent you from using melee abilities, why would AotW prevent ranged attacks?

You could still body pull a mob into your fire trap, but that's meh.

I spent the entirety of leveling no pet hunter in AotM for this exact reason. The +5% dodge is more useful than switching between aspects and fucking up your mana reg. Imp fire trap, serpent sting, melee down, move on.

Edit: should say +8%/13% dodge, 8% dodge AotM +5% from imp AotM
Last edited by Hctwowfan on Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Glaive

Post by Glaive » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:50 pm

I see. Thanks for the replies.

I've been making it work by getting just close enough to the mob to put down the trap and then have it agro. It works, most of the time, but it's not awesome. I think that the attack power bonuses from hawk and wolf are reason enough to switch aspects, but I think it should be an "at your earliest convenience" thing.

That I have to eff around with aspects before shooting again really dunks my hat in the creek. I'd love to see it changed.

Thanks again.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:25 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm
Agree. AotH doesn't prevent you from using melee abilities, why would AotW prevent ranged attacks?

I spent the entirety of leveling no pet hunter in AotM for this exact reason. The +5% dodge is more useful than switching between aspects and fucking up your mana reg. Imp fire trap, serpent sting, melee down, move on.
It's actually 12% dodge when talented. Miles ahead of the custom aspect.

The fact that aspect of the wolf prevents ranged attacks also displays that the dev behind it just doesn't understand how the class works and that meeling is just a small portion of it.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:25 pm
Hctwowfan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm

It's actually 12% dodge when talented. Miles ahead of the custom aspect.

The fact that aspect of the wolf prevents ranged attacks also displays that the dev behind it just doesn't understand how the class works and that meeling is just a small portion of it.
My bad, I just edited my post seconds before yours went up.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Kwall

Post by Kwall » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:37 am

It would be better if the aspects were off global cooldown. I feel like it would be a more enjoyable gameplay aspect dancing similar to a warriors stance dancing.