Goblins/Gnomes and Priests

Sgadow

Goblins/Gnomes and Priests

Post by Sgadow » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:21 pm

Hello all!

So I'm bringing this up since Gnomes and Goblins are the ONLY two races in the game that don't have a class they can heal with. While I can understand some of the story behind this, it limits people who enjoy these races and healing from combining the two. My thought on this is simple:

Give them priests.

Why? Because the holy light, in and of itself, is not 'good' and doesn't only answer the call of 'good' people. We have examples of Murlocs using holy smite and the Scarlets as well, neither of which would fall into the realm of 'good' by any stretch of the imagination.

It makes sense that a Gnome could, through their connection with the Dwarves, see the holy light as a beacon of hope or a source of potential power for their mechanations.

Goblins, being greedy, can certainly see the appeal in profit from being a religious leader, healing others, etc. Also, shadow likely falls more in line with goblin greed (and can be easily taught by their forsaken counterparts or trolls).

So I ask the question: Why don't these two races have the class? You don't need new spells for them, give them existing ones.
Gnomes: Desparate Prayer and Fear Ward
Goblins: Shadowguard and Touch of Weakness

Twinking

Re: Goblins/Gnomes and Priests

Post by Twinking » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:00 pm

undead paladins/dworf shamans WHEN?

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:01 pm

That would be cool! But this is about fleshing out a single missing niche in those two races, not bringing faction specific classes to each side.

Koronisz

Post by Koronisz » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 pm

Sgadow wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:21 pm
Hello all!

So I'm bringing this up since Gnomes and Goblins are the ONLY two races in the game that don't have a class they can heal with. While I can understand some of the story behind this, it limits people who enjoy these races and healing from combining the two. My thought on this is simple:

Give them priests.

Why? Because the holy light, in and of itself, is not 'good' and doesn't only answer the call of 'good' people. We have examples of Murlocs using holy smite and the Scarlets as well, neither of which would fall into the realm of 'good' by any stretch of the imagination.

It makes sense that a Gnome could, through their connection with the Dwarves, see the holy light as a beacon of hope or a source of potential power for their mechanations.

Goblins, being greedy, can certainly see the appeal in profit from being a religious leader, healing others, etc. Also, shadow likely falls more in line with goblin greed (and can be easily taught by their forsaken counterparts or trolls).

So I ask the question: Why don't these two races have the class? You don't need new spells for them, give them existing ones.
Christ sake are you people insufferable

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:29 pm

Koronisz wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 pm
Sgadow wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:21 pm
Hello all!

Give them priests.

Christ sake are you people insufferable
If you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation, shoo.

Kwall

Post by Kwall » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 pm

I've always thought every race should be able to be a warrior priest and hunter. It just makes sense all races/territories have some form of protector=warrior, religion=priest, and food or gatherer=hunter

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 am

For me it's very strange to imagine a goblin priest but you can totally sell me on a goblin shaman.

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:47 am

Goblin priest in the grand tradition of the Great American Megachurch seems legit

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:51 am

FOR ONLY NINETEEN GOLD AND NINETY NINE COPPER YOU TOO CAN BE SAVED

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:18 am

Literally there's the same level of lore justifying Gnome priest as there is justifying Dwarf priest and Dwarf paladin (all the dwarf lore is "uh yeah they uh learnt it from the humans" and doesn't really predate WoW) - there's no reason why we shouldn't have them
Tanasa wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:47 am
Goblin priest in the grand tradition of the Great American Megachurch seems legit
Literally this 100%
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:50 pm

If we can't megachurch our way to wealth then what's the point?!

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:27 am

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:47 am

Twinking wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:00 pm
undead paladins/dworf shamans WHEN?
NEVER

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Bringing this topic up continues until goblin priest shenanigans ensue.

Sgadow

Post by Sgadow » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:39 pm

Riots continue until priest racial selection improves