Is it fun being a warrior in BG?

Anythinggoes

Is it fun being a warrior in BG?

Post by Anythinggoes » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:07 pm

No pocket heals, no end-tier PvE gear, just some blues/epics, probably a good weapon, and in a random BG. Does it feel good to play? Do you kill just to die a few seconds later? Or is it just better to make a paladin?

Slashignore

Re: Is it fun being a warrior in BG?

Post by Slashignore » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:32 pm

i pvp and someclasses are more situational than others, hunters good like everywhere but in close quarters, thats where warriors have better chances in comparison.
A lone warrior is not a big threat unless with great gear.
however a bit of support and heals they become very strong.
But remember in bg you are with other people so your own choices counts too (never go alone)
be a team player and you are much stronger

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:33 pm

Others will out-gear you if you are in blues. So it won't be fun until you get decent gear. Also if you would like to focus on PvP, roll horde/orc due to better racial and higher win rates in wsg /ab.
So overall, in bad gear as an alliance, it won't be a good experience.

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:40 pm

nah warriors are op , you will do fine. 1.7k MS with unstop.force and bear greens/r6-8 gear . Not to mention things like disarm, instant fear, intecept stun. You can also spec concussion blow and shield silence so thats alot of cc right there+shield will make you tanky. Dont be stupid ,roll gnome for extra trinket (with 2 trinkets mages should be easy)instead BuT MuH HOOMAAN warrior which is very overplayed anyway. Dwarf can be a good pick too due to rogues but its 3 min vs 1 min and its a no brainer

only problem is that gnomes get aggro so prepare to get focused down alot..but thats why you go prot
for horde all races are good..pvp is orc/tauren(that self mortal strike sucks big time though), troll can be interesting with lots of attack speed gear , some people said when maxed out it can be better than orc...goblin is another sprint always handy, UD is another fear break i think worst of the bunch

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:25 pm

You will be kited to oblivion and most if not all classes will toy with your ass unless you bring consumes, play to your fullest and spec engi. Many classes have better cc, better mobility, better damage and better self sustain. In solo fights you're kinda weak. Most classes deal magic damage to at least some degree so your armor is essentially worthless in a lot of situations. On top of that, being a physical damage dealer means other player's armor hinders your damage (especially paladins and other warriors, as well as druid to some degree)

Honestly, if you want braindead big numbers unbeatable performance and flashy piss colored instant win buttons, go paladin. If you want a challenge and a sense of accomplishment for every big play and highlight, roll warrior. They do make pretty good team players as far as I hear and heals does bump them up a bit.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:33 pm

A warrior must use a lot of brain in vanilla pvp especially in 1v1. Most classes got the right tools to kite you 24/7 so be sure ti have engineering.
A warrior with a Healer that can dispel him (pala/priest) and decent gear is a murder machine.
You support your faction with mortal strike and, if a dps with actual brain, focus your target, he will be dead in seconds.
Check youtube for warriors pvping.
All the best and never lose your heart!

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:36 am

Playing with and without a good weapon is like night and day. Recommend that you grind AV every time it's the BG of the day and if you're not doing the big raids at least go to Kara every lockout and try to get the sword or mace.

Manletow
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Manletow » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:25 pm
bring consumes, play to your fullest and spec engi.
In solo fights you're kinda weak
if you want braindead big numbers unbeatable performance and flashy piss colored instant win buttons, go paladin.
If you want a challenge
They do make pretty good team players as far as I hear and heals does bump them up a bit.
(Your post was very wise/agreeable so forgive me for the following nit-picks hiding_smth_turtle_head)

Consooomables are expensive -- especially to a new player.
A newb will be using cheap mediocre potions such as PVP potions -- and all enemies will be using the same -- so these will be effectively 'cancelled out'.

No amount of "playing hard" or "believing in yourself" will account for Warriors fundamental lack of useful PVP abilities/tools.
Sadly a weaksauce Warrior will never have their "Super Saiyan Ascension" -- they will only become more emotionally crushed when their valiant efforts inevitably end in defeat and humilation. dead_turtle_head scared_turtle_head

As you said -- play Paladin if you want to be a glowing gold Alpha Chad with invincibility.
I can tell you got Turtle Striked for 3k recently based on your description of Paladin. I feel ya dawg. maintenance_turtle

As for "solo fights" -- Warriors are not "kinda weak" -- they are utterly hopeless clowns. Free Kill/Target practice.
As for "team play" -- Warriors are bottom tier. They have MINOR viability due to applying OP debuff from 'Mortal Strike' but that is it. They offer virtually no utility of value to their teammates.
And they demand more healing than other classes -- effectively making them a drain/leech on their teams healers.

Anyway, yes -- if you want to play PVP on "Hardmode" for a personal challenge then Warrior is the perfect choice.
Playing Druid would also be a challenge but even Druid is vastly more useful than a Warrior.
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 am

Manletow wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 am
Bigsmerf wrote:
if you want braindead big numbers unbeatable performance and flashy piss colored instant win buttons, go paladin.
If you want a challenge
They do make pretty good team players as far as I hear and heals does bump them up a bit.
(Your post was very wise/agreeable so forgive me for the following nit-picks hiding_smth_turtle_head)

A newb will be using cheap mediocre potions such as PVP potions -- and all enemies will be using the same -- so these will be effectively 'cancelled out'.

No amount of "playing hard" or "believing in yourself" will account for Warriors fundamental lack of useful PVP abilities/tools.
Sadly a weaksauce Warrior will never have their "Super Saiyan Ascension" -- they will only become more emotionally crushed when their valiant efforts inevitably end in defeat and humilation. dead_turtle_head scared_turtle_head

As you said -- play Paladin if you want to be a glowing gold Alpha Chad with invincibility.
I can tell you got Turtle Striked for 3k recently based on your description of Paladin. I feel ya dawg. maintenance_turtle

As for "solo fights" -- Warriors are not "kinda weak" -- they are utterly hopeless clowns. Free Kill/Target practice.
As for "team play" -- Warriors are bottom tier. They have MINOR viability due to applying OP debuff from 'Mortal Strike' but that is it. They offer virtually no utility of value to their teammates.
And they demand more healing than other classes -- effectively making them a drain/leech on their teams healers.

Anyway, yes -- if you want to play PVP on "Hardmode" for a personal challenge then Warrior is the perfect choice.
Playing Druid would also be a challenge but even Druid is vastly more useful than a Warrior.
Dude it's been ages and you still haven't learned to play.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 am
Manletow wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 am
Bigsmerf wrote:
If you want a challenge

Dude it's been ages and you still haven't learned to play.
And just as long- if not longer and you still haven't explained why warrior is hardly worth a damn.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:05 pm

I play fury warr as a challenge to myself and it's decently good. You must have a free action potion for most fights and tea/sugar is a must as well.

I also have timbermaw ancestor which really helps in arena.

Besides mortal strike warrior brings huge mobility, hamstring, fear, demo shout, battle shout, and if played well good DPS.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:07 pm

Warrior is not garbage at all but it does require you to be good and use fap on CD basically.

Now if ally was filled with try hards I might say something else but even with buffed pally, druid, spriest warr is still pretty decent.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Ally warrior playing pugs might be harder since your teams are in average worse.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:09 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:07 pm
Warrior is not garbage at all but it does require you to be good and use fap on CD basically.

Now if ally was filled with try hards I might say something else but even with buffed pally, druid, spriest warr is still pretty decent.
To be fair, if FAP isn't removed somehow, any half-decent warrior basically wins by default against multiple classes. I see a lot of people crying about getting kited in PvP but that kiting is basically the only way for those classes to beat a warrior in the first place.

Xronisf79

Post by Xronisf79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:11 am

As prot its not. As fury its not. As arms, it possibly is.