The actual state of Tel'abim

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

The actual state of Tel'abim

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:49 pm

Yeah, I tried playing there around november of the past year, I have a Helf mage level 12 that I abandoned due to the lack of popoluation, and yes, before someone asks, I was against the PvP server but I tried to give it an oportunity, sadly for that players who cried and wanted a PvP server, one of my theories where confirmed, the PvP server died with time.

Now...what will happen? How you are going to resurrect the PvP server? PvP changes maybe will work but new and different things oriented to the PvP are needed for the PvP server. The PvE content is basic of Nordanaar and needs to be in both servers, but new PvP mechanics or content is needed for maintain.

I mean, It's a bit hard, cause it don't offers anything new.
It's a bit hard attract new people due to the low population, you can't say "It's healthy and in good standing". No, the new players will be disgusted seeing low people for leveling, low people in the world, low people in the dungeon seeker.

Let's place the reality, you will say "It's a troll" for the first time I'm not trolling, I'm concerned about the resource wasting in a PvP server that doesn't have at least 1k of people playing in it.

Yeah, I know, Turtle Survived with 100 people before the boom but, let's see it today, with the amount of players in Nordanaar, at least Tel'abim needs to have around 1k or 800 players for make it work for new players and old players.

If nothing works, I need to say sadly, the PvP realm needs to be closed or transformed in a RP-PvE server of other language, maybe spanish or Russian, Russian is more needed than Spanish cause people like me can understand the english perfectly and in some way speak it.

Majestik51

Re: The actual state of Tel'abim

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm

i think no1 cares about ur opinion bro.
every1 got an opinion, u can keep it for urself or try to act like crybaby in public forums, u choose.... crying_turtle
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:03 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 pm
every1 got an opinion, u can keep it for urself or try to act like crybaby in public forums, u choose.... crying_turtle
I was expecting your crying response, as always in other posts about the bad state of Tel'abim, so...
Yeah, Majestik, yeah, now go and stand in Stormwind/Orgrimmar for hours waiting for a BG.

hiding_smth_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle_head

Let the serious people who cares about the Server and the new content discuss about it.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:05 pm

yes i will brother!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:19 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Actually, I kinda care...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:28 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:19 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
I mean I care too but the op only leveled to 12 and said he left due to population. I mean, IDK about most players but I typically don't even look for a party until like 15 for rfc and 18 for wc/vc.

I feel like the pvp server needs to just live it's own life, similar to how the rpve server did. It hung out under 1k pop for a few years then blew up. Those of us that were around the
1k days all know one another and have our community. I feel like the pvp server will get there as well. We need to let it live rather than trying to force it to 3k pop artificially

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:37 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:28 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Majestik51 wrote:
I mean I care too but the op only leveled to 12 and said he left due to population. I mean, IDK about most players but I typically don't even look for a party until like 15 for rfc and 18 for wc/vc.

I feel like the pvp server needs to just live it's own life, similar to how the rpve server did. It hung out under 1k pop for a few years then blew up. Those of us that were around the
1k days all know one another and have our community. I feel like the pvp server will get there as well. We need to let it live rather than trying to force it to 3k pop artificially
yes!!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:57 pm

Anywhosie, now to make something on topic.

Yeah, that server's in a pretty sorry state at the moment. I know guys like Majestik are going to continue gas bombing the forums with copium but some pre-made world PvP events and city raids hardly contribute anything to the playerbase, as fun as they may be. Truth is, everyone just likes Nordanaar better. Why wouldn't they? It's conventionally attractive in all the ways a server can be for most people. Easy groups, crossfaction, fun and lively levelling experience where you meet and group with other players. Some random world PvP encounters, multiple guild options that run all sorts of content on the regular. There's just... MORE content to do. And, on top of all that, lots of people to pug it with.

Let's compare that to Tel'Abim.

The server has a pitifully small but tightly knit community. I would assume people know people and everyone has a reputation. This is good, but also... There are way too many cons to this pro.

Grouping without having guildies take time out of their day to help is near impossible, if you even have an active guild with similar interests.

AH would likely be near empty, and some materials and items simply just won't be there. Levelling professions might be a bit tougher if you buy materials for it, gearing and goldfarming is even tougher, and so on.

I guess one good thing about empty zones is easier material farming. Devilsaur leather? Blasted lands mobs? Thorium? Black lotus? All ten times more convenient to acquire.

There's probably a lot more to say but I don't think I even need to do that.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:
Majestik51 wrote:

Turtle has loads of people and shit tons of publicity especially for a private server. Tel'abim STARTED with lots of people and population slowly dropped because everyone simply realized they liked Nordanaar better. I'm not going to suggest removing the PvP server just because it's "dead." Clearly for a small group there is good fun to be had, but that's about all I'm expecting.

All in all, Turtle grew from nothing. Tel'abim fell from something, and is still associated with a big success, yet seems to be going nowhere fast.

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm
Turtle has loads of people and shit tons of publicity especially for a private server. Tel'abim STARTED with lots of people and population slowly dropped because everyone simply realized they liked Nordanaar better. I'm not going to suggest removing the PvP server just because it's "dead." Clearly for a small group there is good fun to be had, but that's about all I'm expecting.

All in all, Turtle grew from nothing. Tel'abim fell from something, and is still associated with a big success, yet seems to be going nowhere fast.
i'm not so sure that people like the nordanaar better is the case as nordanaar have lost about as many people as tel'abim since the start of tel'abim. it was over 10k on some days when i played there. now its under 5k and down to 3k some days.

Voulome

Post by Voulome » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm

For a more grounded opinion, sure tel'abim is not in a perfect state with rerrol all around and 2k pop at any hours, but it's not in a that bad state too, there's always ppl around, wpvp is hyperactive, bg of the day proc, raid and dungeon are done^^

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm

Ibux wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:

i'm not so sure that people like the nordanaar better is the case as nordanaar have lost about as many people as tel'abim since the start of tel'abim. it was over 10k on some days when i played there. now its under 5k and down to 3k some days.
Eh, you're not entirely wrong there. It's likely there's lots more reasons than just "This server better other server less good." SoD releasing, chinese servers, lack of transfers boredom, queue times, etc probably contributed to Tel'Abim being less populated.

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm
Ibux wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:

Eh, you're not entirely wrong there. It's likely there's lots more reasons than just "This server better other server less good." SoD releasing, chinese servers, lack of transfers boredom, queue times, etc probably contributed to Tel'Abim being less populated.
yea. could be just poor timing. maybe the big patch everyone was waiting for wasn't for everyone either. and i guess twow owners was somewhat stressed and in panic because of the big Chinese invasion that was at the time on the servers. but big population or small population aside. there are a lot of things that can be learned from the pvp server that i'm sure is valuable to the turtle wow team.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm

Tel'Abim is dying, it's time for transfer.

Littlebear

Post by Littlebear » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:59 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm
the eyeball guy confirm there will be NO transfer in other forum post
Last edited by Littlebear on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:20 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:

I honestly feel like we didn't lose all that many. If you think about it, prior to the SEA influx, there was about 6-7k pretty regularly for a few months. If we assume a percentage of people will leave for fresh, or classic, other pservers, etc...I think that would account for a few thousand people. That's just my best guess, though.

I really think the PVP server is starting to breath life. We're seeing more clears, cross server participation, real valid points made on the forums and discord and not just players complaining incoherently. Just a month ago, I noticed the steady pop was around 200. Now I'm seeing 400. I really think if we let it grow on its own, it'll bloom. Turtle didn't break 1k for how many years, know what I'm saying?

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:25 pm

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:18 pm

Littlebear wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:59 pm
Burunduk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:56 pm
the eyeball guy confirm there will be a transfer in other forum post
If this is true, I'm really looking forward to moving my 60 druid to Nordanar.
Spent too much time on it and don't want to just lose it on a dying server...

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 pm

OP is a pathetic cry baby who needs to be carried, thats why he cant play tel'abim. Eat shit loser.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm
Ibux wrote:
Bigsmerf wrote:

That's what I was expecting, a good answer without the classic "It's a troll".
I'm not trolling, I want this place to be healthy cause I love Turtle WoW, and Tel'abim is not healthy.
Nordanaar lost players, yeah, but take in count most of the players where Chinese or Tourists. Second, Nordanaar remained more stable in population after SoD than Tel'abim.

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:55 pm

Personally, my only motivations for playing on the PVP server were to complete T0.5 to spend my time in AV or killing the opposing faction in the open world.
  • Nobody does AV anymore
  • WPVP no longer exists
  • And the T0 pieces didn't drop while I was motivated and playing actively
If the server population ever exceeds 1200 players, I'll come back.

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:21 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 pm
OP is a pathetic cry baby who needs to be carried, thats why he cant play tel'abim. Eat shit loser.
You snuffin' too much copium my guy dead_turtle_head

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:05 pm

Leave us and our server alone; play on main pve, cy
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Qualopec

Post by Qualopec » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:19 pm

I really like Tel'Abim. I only play Horde, but people I met so far were great and are very supportive. I started playing 2 weeks ago and today I met a new player, I gave her a wand and 2 bags for free so she has a good start on this server.

There is also rp-pvp guild I'm hyped to join. And I'd love for this server to grow.

And I want for Alliance to grow too, the entire point of having PVP server is to make out meetings exciting, a true fight for survival. PvP servers requires for both sides to be there.

Zokk

Post by Zokk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:39 am

Server is better than the OP is making out, giving up after lvl 12 is also laughable, kind of highlights maybe that type of player, which is fine not everyone has the stick to the task long term kind of mentality.

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:22 am

November wasn't even that bad turtle_tongue_head

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 am

Zokk wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:39 am
Server is better than the OP is making out, giving up after lvl 12 is also laughable, kind of highlights maybe that type of player, which is fine not everyone has the stick to the task long term kind of mentality.
Yeah sure, server steadily loses 8% of its population every pop update but no bro server surely goes fine.
Cope harder.

Xwolfi wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 pm
Tell'abim-er in a nutshell.
Agressive, toxic creature that lives in full denial

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Akalix never said anything about transfer, he wanted pvp server to stay even if it will be unprofitable.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:21 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm
Akalix never said anything about transfer, he wanted pvp server to stay even if it will be unprofitable.
It was said upon launch that there's always an option to merge the servers back if needed.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:34 pm

No, he said it on Vrograg stream a couple of weeks ago.
So no transfer for Tel'Abim.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:37 pm

there is allot of china farmers in pve, no need to merge servers, just trasfer 2 or 3k of them to pvp.

few moments ago i checked the numbers around 200 in pvp and 4500 in pve, at eu prime time pve have allot less ppl, send the china farmers to pvp and ballance the turtle servers.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:53 pm

yes actually we need some good (chinese) players in Tel'Abim, i agree....

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:06 pm

yep, much better send 3k of china farmers to pvp than merge servers and bring 250 "efficient" english speaking players to pve. Its good for both sides :)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:17 pm

we dont need no merge bro, we dont need this cross faction BS from pve server in Tel'Abim.
we need good players, and in this case the chinese guys would be ideal for Tel'Abim. they good players generally. Apart from all of u that u complain about 'chinese bots' these guys are the most dedicated players worldwide and we all know this....

i hope devs consider it and find a solution.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:49 pm
Yeah, I tried playing there around november of the past year, I have a Helf mage level 12 that I abandoned due to the lack of popoluation, and yes, before someone asks, I was against the PvP server but I tried to give it an oportunity, sadly for that players who cried and wanted a PvP server, one of my theories where confirmed, the PvP server died with time.
On November, the population of Tel'Abim was 1k+
peaking at around 2.5k
You played untill 12 lvl, which is 3-4 hours max
and you stopped, due to low pop..? unhappy_turtle_head

So, apart from the obvious lies - wrong statements
why do you care about the pvp realm so much?

YOU don't even play there
YOU are not helping the community grow
YOU are doing NOTHING about TeL'Abim

On the contrary, YOU state your opinion VS people like Majestik51
who are actively playing/streaming/promoting the realm

No, you are not a troll, your opinion is just NOT IMPORTANT for anyone to care...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.