Littlebear

If u a bored, try to play the game with a controller

Post by Littlebear » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:24 pm

Hi,
i am a left-handed , i m bad at mouse clicking and keyboard in computer game
but i still wanna finish my teenager's dream of wow
so i tried to play the game n ended up
1 lv60 rouge in classic
1 lv60 rouge, 60 warrior (n some 55+ pally hunter, sham...etc...)

for wht i hv enperienced
so rogue is the BEST for controller play, cause u dont hv to switch targets most of the time due to the combo point system
furry warrior is gd too, really cool experience on lazy chair (with some gd gear in the game :)
arms warrior is ok...switching target with hamstring is a practice
if u wanna be tank or healer, mage, it is not a gd experience

1, set up
Use Stream to operate the game, at the left bottom "add a game " add "add a non stream game"
load the game .exe file, the u can play the game in stream

2, controller setting

i am using a xbox controller, logitech works fine, but ps4 controller always hv a connection pblm wih stream for me( i cant fix it, but the mid touch pad is great for clicking in game), i dont hv the streamdock, wondering the touch screen experience helps

in the lock in game page, there is a controller icon(only if u hv connected the controller) change the config

setting in stream:

setting in game:

install pfui addion
set the actionbar as:

disable the main action bar as a rogue
n set the left n right action bar as follow:

at the left bottom of pfui, click "unlock" n adjust the location of the action bar
u shld hv some look like this

3. game play
the most import thing is u HAVE TO HOLD THE RB button all the time with the right joystick
(R1 in PS4 controller, or just mean the right click of the mouse) to controll the view
while in other game right joystick only with control the view of the character

tap left joystick is the jump

tap right joystick the switch attack target, u dont switch target alot as a rogue, thats y its the best for controller

the 4-8 button are the most used skills, 1-4 a less often used
the shift+1-8 button are the situational button
n the shift+ctr+1-8 button are the emergence/long CD/ protion button, (just mean both LB+RB+1-8, or L1+R1+1-8 for ps4 controller)

map, bag, quest, mount, escape(cancal all) button are in the midde of the controller with different conbination, u shld get used to it with lv 10

4. difficulties
-looting is difficult, i dont kn how to solve it,
1.i keep my cursor stead, and use the body movement to fit the looting
2.i switch my hand to mouse after kill mobs ( i dont even hv the mouse over looting add on, plz let me kn if u hv a gd one)

-the worst case is u miss click another target n waste the combo point
combat build is the easiest,
but i go for a easy dodging n vanish build is fun too (coz u hv 2-3 more butons to press)
https://talents.turtle-wow.org/rogue/0U ... 1-U2R6II66
of course combat in raid is great too, n ur life is much simpler, half of the ability is not used, n it require long game time n lots of movement with the team, so the controller's life is a sweaty
excepte u hv to type n chat alot

distract or bomb for engineering or other trinket takes time to pratice, but its not as hard as dark soul

neutral_turtle_head thats it, thats how i enjoy the game.
feel free to try it out or suggest/correct me in the comment
if u a mage player style player, i dont think u like it
but if u a dark soul or other action game player n try WOW, try it out

i wish the touch screen tech can further improve the game experience,
or someday i play WOW as a rogue in my phone :)

I get to lv60 for the first time in Covid period as Nightmonster with 1 month subscription
n i start it again in twow as Kowloon ,but i didnt try the frond stab play-style....:(
try it out if u are bored in the game
happy_turtle_head

for warrior
keep the main action bar but disable the right action bar as u need the change the stance
stance button on the left side only
use macro, so u can use the same button but 2 function