Soul shard stacking

Akos1896
Has liked: 6 times

Soul shard stacking

Post by Akos1896 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:58 pm

Please make soul shards stack. Would be a great qol improvement for locks.

Slashignore

Re: Soul shard stacking

Post by Slashignore » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:08 pm

yea.. just make it stak 5 if you dont like the stacking idea..

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:03 am

Stop casualing everything
No

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:38 am

I only have a rarely used lock alt, it's not for me, I think it makes the game better.
Lemme elaborate.
PVE complexity is learning the fights and mastering a coreography, PVP complexity is mostly based on the classes individual power. SOul shard stacking won't make PVE encounters less complex and won't make warlocks stronger.
But! Warlock is one of the least-used classes of the game. Partly because their qol segment is bad.
As a warlock you have less bag space. You need to have as much shards as possible, f.ex. to summon half of your guild because raid, but the more shards you have, the less inventory space you got. It's an unnecessary problem.
Also, since you use up a bunch of souls during pre-raid, you have two options:
1. Falling behind at DPS meter because you keep drain souling mobs instead of a shadow burn. Feels bad for a DPS.
2. You spend a bunch of time killing mobs you have no interest in killing to summon the team. Since you can't really stack up enough shards to save them for later, you have to do this almost before every raid. Just adds a 30 min chore.

Soul shars stacking would enable warlocks to have better inventory management and having some hours of farm per month would be enough to not to care about raid summons for that month.
Warlocks have other problems, too but this qol change would make them more represented in the game.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:54 am

yes agree u 100% right.
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:07 am

Stop making everything so casual.....123. lol. Why have summons at all if it's too casual? Just let locks have some bag space. Hunters too... But that's a different thread.

Robin64

Post by Robin64 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:39 am

It's just a simple QoL feature that only helps warlocks and doesn't hurt any other class. All for this.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:25 am

I am not a fan of making the shards stackable, but obtaining them should be less grindy. Maybe the Drain Soul ability could have a chance to create an extra shard, or elite mobs could always reward the warlock with two shards instead of one.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:02 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:03 am
Stop casualing everything
No
This.

The only possible excepion for me would be some kind of workaround for warlocks summoning their raid.

How about a new lvl 60 spell, similar to the tbc soulwell that lets warlocks attack up on soulshards and requires a full group for channeling?

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:05 pm

I mean I summon which is channeled for 5 min and during this timeframe can summon as many people as you want is also a possibility.
I'm not looking for this qol improvement for myself, not really liking warlock gameplay. But it could help them + something is needed to make them slightly more represented.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:39 pm

ok then give warlocks extra bags for free if u dont want to make them stack....

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:43 pm

Just remove the soulshard requirement.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:13 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:39 pm
I am fine with increasing the size of the various Soul Bags.

Example: Core Felcloth Bag (28 slots -> 36 slots)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm

Astrallizard wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:13 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:39 pm
I am fine with increasing the size of the various Soul Bags.

Example: Core Felcloth Bag (28 slots -> 36 slots)
but still warlocks remain the only class without 5th bag, it must be always a bag for shards.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:59 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm

but still warlocks remain the only class without 5th bag, it must be always a bag for shards.
Hunters also sacrifice a bag slot for their quiver/ammo pouch. Note that hunters and warlocks are also the only pet classes and both are hilariously powerful in solo play. Also keep in mind that a warlock can even burn through a big number of shards in a short time when they're outside of a raid, so a soulpouch is not a complete waste as some people want to claim here.

Anyway, most classes are forced to use some bagspace for class-specific reagents, like shamans lugging around their totems or rogues carrying various poisons plus flash powder plus blinding powder, plus (hopefully) their thieving tools and so on.

Finally about some comment earlier about "falling back in the dps meters when they use soul drain": Who cares about effing meters? If I can choose between 2 players of the same class for my team and one deals a few percent more damage while the other uses his full toolkit for a lot of utility and fun gimmicks, I'll choose the latter one.

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:06 am

As someone leveling a lock I'd say a custom amount beyond the usual 5-20 stack, something like 3 would be a nice boost without compromising our similarity to hunter in this regard.