Game is too easy

Twospooky

Game is too easy

Post by Twospooky » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:39 am

I cannot express my disappointment in words that I just spent 3 months on this fresh server and Nefarian is nerfed so players don't need the ony cloak.
Everything on this server is nerfed into the ground, it's not wow. It's vanilla as a service. ZG Panther boss is nerfed into triviality. So many things on this server are nerfed. The AH is nerfed. Droprates on items are nerfed. Raids aren't 40man so the lootrate is buffed. The consumables don't fall off in 5mans, this is beyond the scope of the stated raid demographic target. The consumables that don't work also don't expire on death.

Everything about this game is carebeared and it drives players away. This server seems to either cater to, or get cowed by, a group a bad players who are willing to whine and cause damage until they get their way
Last edited by Twospooky on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foobs

Re: The cancer eating away at turtle wow.

Post by Foobs » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 am

Drives you away, and that's ok.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am

How can you tell, that YOU are not one of bad players here,
whining?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:18 pm

Twospooky wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:39 am
I cannot express my disappointment in words that I just spent 3 months on this fresh server and Nefarian is nerfed so players don't need the ony cloak.
Everything on this server is nerfed into the ground, it's not wow. It's vanilla as a service. ZG Panther boss is nerfed into triviality. So many things on this server are nerfed. The AH is nerfed. Droprates on items are nerfed. Raids aren't 40man so the lootrate is buffed. The consumables don't fall off in 5mans, this is beyond the scope of the stated raid demographic target. The consumables that don't work also don't expire on death.

Everything about this game is carebeared and it drives players away. This server seems to either cater to, or get cowed by, a group a bad players who are willing to whine and cause damage until they get their way
I don't know if things like the Nefarian/Ony cloak interaction is a bug or not but this server has always meant to be for a more casual crowd (in all aspects of the game). So, I think this is just an expectations misalignment.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:42 pm

Go play 1.12 that you've been playing for thr past 20 years then.

Nett

Post by Nett » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:26 pm

All you stated does not make the game hard, it just make the game annoying to play, wow players often confuse challenge with annoyance, getting expensive, hard to collect reagents buffs off when you die is not a challenge, so having them on/off, does not change the challenge of a raid/dg.

Making players do not need 1, I repeat, 1 item, a cloak, one of the less impactful gear items attribute wise to do a boss, is not removing challenge, is removing annoyance, 20 bullshit resist will not make a raid group finish the content, if your group can't do it with/out this cloak, the problem is not the cloak.

Oh yeah, they made raiding 20 man, ok, gather 40 man who play for 20 years this BS, make them do the same toddler challenge level mechanics right, they don't, wipe a lot and at the end get the same amount of loot from bosses.

This is challenging... to keep playing.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 pm

If you believe there are bugs with the game please submit a ticket on the Github with substantiating evidence to prove your claim and the team will consider rectifying it.

https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ker/issues

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:04 pm

I have never seen a single person complaining that the entire raid doesn't need ony cloak on this server, so congrats I guess.
Challenging and trivial are two different things, there's a reason so many basic things were changed by blizz even BEFORE TBC came out (loot tokens being introduced over random loot for 40 people for instance) people realized very early on the difference between "challenge" and 'trivial" for WoW.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:08 pm

You killed Nefarian on dead server.
Our guild don't have enough players for BWL.
I wish i had your problems...

Biteyou
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Biteyou » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:11 pm

Twospooky wrote:
This is a trivial fight either way, same with the panther boss. Interesting choices for your grievance though.
Twospooky wrote:
Everything on this server is nerfed into the ground, it's not wow. It's vanilla as a service.
This is a Vanilla+ server, not Vanilla.
Twospooky wrote:
So many things on this server are nerfed. The AH is nerfed. Droprates on items are nerfed. Raids aren't 40man so the lootrate is buffed. The consumables don't fall off in 5mans, this is beyond the scope of the stated raid demographic target. The consumables that don't work also don't expire on death.
1. Drop rates are fine, not sure how this reflects carebear if you're getting less loot.
2. Consumables not falling off is because people fucked up the economy to the point where you have to farm for a stupid amount of time just to raid, it was putting a lot of pressure on the raiding community and a lot of people were quitting as a result.
3. Scaling is nice for early progression because it's hard to convince newer players to join a raid group for T1/T2 content when there are plenty of T2.5/T3 guilds still looking for players on a 5 year old fully progressed server. AQ40 is scaled to 30, and Naxx is scaled to 35 at minimum.
Twospooky wrote:
This hasn't been my experience. Plenty of new people join to play, and a lot of people I've encountered that actually have very little WoW experience. The server has its issues, but none of what you said is the reason it drives players away.

Koronisz

Post by Koronisz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:53 pm

Twospooky wrote:

You should try living in the real world if you love to do trivial, repetitive shit every day. Some of us play this game to get away from this bullshit.

Trismegistos

Post by Trismegistos » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:06 pm

Twospooky wrote:
I can imagine, having literally wasted three months of your life only to find out that the Onyxia Scale Cloak you bought for 15g was not a requirement for the Nefarian fight after all. The disappointment must be crushing.

Also, did you not notice that the insanely overpowered world buffs don't work in raids? Does it not make the raids more difficult, or is that just another form of "carebearing" the game because people are no longer expected to farm annoying world buffs and then not play their mains in an effort to keep the timers from running out before raid.

Wher0

Post by Wher0 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:14 pm

I’m setting up a “fun” WoW server. Come play on it. Will go live by Xmas.

Twospooky

Post by Twospooky » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:42 am

Trismegistos wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:06 pm
I can imagine, having literally wasted three months of your life only to find out that the Onyxia Scale Cloak you bought for 15g was not a requirement for the Nefarian fight after all. The disappointment must be crushing.
It is, Nefarian should smash the whole raid for 4300+, it's part of the encounter.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:48 am

There are easier fights and the are harder fights. Until recently, Chromag put out the debuffs way more frequently than what is supposed to be. Half the mobs in the game that were previously stunnable in classic are not stunnable here... And that's a recent change. Encounters are constantly being looked at and tweaked.

I believe the shadow flame bug has been on the bug tracker for awhile. Whether the devs fix it or not is up to them and their priorities. It's almost like a catch. 22... Do we want more custom content and world building etc... Or do we want them to make sure the encounters from a 20-year-old game are exactly spot on to how they work 20 years ago?.... Which was also already beaten 20 years ago. I would rather have the custom content, characters, spells and abilities, etc.