Maximum auctions restriction

Mackylol

Maximum auctions restriction

Post by Mackylol » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm

Is this restriction new? My bank alt can only have like 8 auctions at a time? 20 for my 60? Whats up?

Valadorn
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Maximum auctions restriction

Post by Valadorn » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 pm

Its around 120 / account

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:56 am

I believe it was changed a while back because of people listing hundreds of items in single stacks causing the AH to lag and just lots of frustration all around

Mcpewpew

Post by Mcpewpew » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 am

In October-ish they added this 120 auction limit and also made the cost to list stacks of items less than if you listed them individually.
It's not a good change for a selection of reasons.

It discourages people from listing and making items that you can sell a lot of but for little profit. Why waste one of your 120 on something that'll only make 10s when you can make 75s on something else?

Almost no one knows about the cost change, so that did nothing.

With the population now being much reduced it seems like a change that should be reverted.

Zahnfee

Post by Zahnfee » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:27 am

Mcpewpew wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 am
In October-ish they added this 120 auction limit and also made the cost to list stacks of items less than if you listed them individually.

It discourages people from listing and making items that you can sell a lot of but for little profit. Why waste one of your 120 on something that'll only make 10s when you can make 75s on something else?

With the population now being much reduced it seems like a change that should be reverted.
That listing of Trade Goods 1 at a time was horrible for any sane Person... please dont! i mean i understand the economical approach to the game to squeeze out more money but it was really inconvinient and forced me to get the aux addon because i couldnt bare skipping 25 pages of 1 Silk Cloth at a time when i needed a stack to train first aid a bit... it was ridiculus! the Change is fine

Hdliebtwo

Post by Hdliebtwo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:29 am

Please let this system function as it is. 120 auctions cap is good. Do you really want infinite number of Linen Cloth items again lagging the loading times? It finally works now, don't mess it up again.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:15 am

Hdliebtwo wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:29 am
Please let this system function as it is. 120 auctions cap is good. Do you really want infinite number of Linen Cloth items again lagging the loading times? It finally works now, don't mess it up again.
Indexing bid-only auctions after buyout auctions (instead of before as it is now), or even outright not allowing to post auctions without a buyout price would have been a sufficient solution to this problem. Low auction cap affected alchemists, made some of them stop crafting low profit-per-item elixirs because they couldn't be bothered anymore and contributed to the consumable prices we have today.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:32 am

Borefficz wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:15 am
Hdliebtwo wrote:
Indexing bid-only auctions after buyout auctions (instead of before as it is now), or even outright not allowing to post auctions without a buyout price would have been a sufficient solution to this problem. Low auction cap affected alchemists, made some of them stop crafting low profit-per-item elixirs because they couldn't be bothered anymore and contributed to the consumable prices we have today.
It's not uncommon for players to have multiple accounts. Players can easily craft and send to a bank alt to sell. The single item auctions not only made the AH lag, but incredibly frustrating to go through when there were 19 pages (not an exaggeration) of single cloth or stone listings. The changes the devs have made make the AH faster and less frustrating to go through.

Hdliebtwo

Post by Hdliebtwo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:45 am

Borefficz wrote:
Alchemists don't craft low level elixirs becouse in general it's not worth, not becouse of the AH 120 cap. I am an alchemist and I only make flasks. And no, I would not waste my time with other potions and elixirs even if there was no AH cap.

Mcpewpew

Post by Mcpewpew » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:32 am
Borefficz wrote:
Hdliebtwo wrote:
It's not uncommon for players to have multiple accounts. Players can easily craft and send to a bank alt to sell. The single item auctions not only made the AH lag, but incredibly frustrating to go through when there were 19 pages (not an exaggeration) of single cloth or stone listings. The changes the devs have made make the AH faster and less frustrating to go through.
The lag and the massive number of auctions were because there were 13k players, not a problem we have anymore.
When the change happened the number of AH pages hardly fell at all, most people don't know the limit exists and the people posting single cloth are just people leveling and selling what they have - as they very rarely have 120 items to sell it didn't change their behaviour at all.

Even less people know about the stack listing fees

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:13 am

Mcpewpew wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 am
The lag and the massive number of auctions were because there were 13k players, not a problem we have anymore.
When the change happened the number of AH pages hardly fell at all, most people don't know the limit exists and the people posting single cloth are just people leveling and selling what they have - as they very rarely have 120 items to sell it didn't change their behaviour at all.

Even less people know about the stack listing fees
The AH lag was around before the huge sea player influx, though that didn't help at all. It has to do with how frequently the AH is scanned then updated on the fly to the users screen. People listing pages upon pages of single auctions of linen cloth. Runecloth I remember had something like 25 pages once and took over 30 minutes to scan just that.

As for changing the behavior I can absolutely attest that it did because we have some ah players in our guild and they had to rethink their entire strategy. Anecdotal, I know, but the AH is as smooth as butter now and most of us don't want it to go back to 19+pages of cloth and stone, which started becoming a problem around the 3-5k population marker.

Hdliebtwo

Post by Hdliebtwo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:49 am

Mcpewpew wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 am

I have two accounts and am selling and buying every day from the AH and never have I encountered the 120 limit. What are you selling that warrants so many stacks/ items?