Hidden Turtles

Almondx

Hidden Turtles

Post by Almondx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 am

I'd like to add new things to Classic that encourage exploring the world. Most expansions seem to the delete fun of old content when new things are added. Something fun we could add to Turtle WOW is Named Turtles. They would be turtles you find when exploring. Like Chests.

When you click on a turtle it gives you a message and a buff or small treasure appropriate to the zone. After you click on a turtle it moves to another random spawn point and if no-one clicks after two hours it moves to another spawn point.

I would rather see additions to the game that encourage exploration over the quality of life changes.

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Hidden Turtles

Post by Sinrek » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Sounds nice. I like it. Although treasures shouldn't be involved here I think. Perhaps some buff food for level approrpiate to the zone?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Dodge

Post by Dodge » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Will agree: like the idea but without item rewards, maybe some temporary buff / consumable item.
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 pm

And one has to bring an apple to get the reward.

Potatoknight

Post by Potatoknight » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:58 pm

I love this idea. No significant item rewards but maybe a little XP, consumable, buff, etc. Maybe a CHANCE of an item reward.

Darknessbg

Post by Darknessbg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Really liking the idea. Let the GMs choose the rewards, but the hidden turtles are a must! (Maybe carry an apple to feed them for a good reward!)

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 pm

There could also be some zone specific quest like a turtle needs something from mobs around, like a turtle in Badlands could ask for Elemental Earth x 5 to improve its' shell for example, and once done, could redirect a player to STV for example, to find another turtle, which in its turn could ask for something from the zone mobs again and give a hint for another turtle whereabouts.

Once 100 turtles found - get a cosmetic reward, like a Turtle Glyph which would turn its owner into a random turtle model mob just for lulz. :D

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:19 am

Like Sinrek said, zone specific quests would be really cool! There's tons of areas within WoW that are 'hidden' and serve no purpose. Maybe throw some turtles in there to give them purpose!
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am

Something reminded me ... when a person dies and spawns at the Spirit Healer, make a Spirit Shell Healer (turtle model with similar to a ghost state if possible) right near it and a timer for 3 minutes, like if a player is standing there, staring at a Spirit Shell Healer for this period it'd speak to him with something like "So your shell is over this time, but you could improve nontheless, find my cousins in the living world, help them out and you'll have your peace." Or something similar as a hint for a player to actually seek out these turtles.

We have them turtles at the starting zones already with some directions, so why not try this one? satisfied_turtle

Owondyah

Post by Owondyah » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Pompa will love this smiling_turtle

But I think staff is busy with holidays, promotion and these scrapped skill comebacks at the moment.
However, I don't think they will turn down any solid suggestions as this one.
Mah YahTuhbe stuffz (TW related content included)

Have you VOTED today?

OWONDYAH armory link

Xdrazen

Post by Xdrazen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:02 am

Again I say that it is make this a bit. But but custom and not so blizzlike.
But... It is ok, the idea of make a bit of experience and a buff, but the item not at all, or some custom quest... I disagree of that too

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 am

BUMP LUL