Battlegrounds are borderline unplayable

Kuqtuvaldor

Battlegrounds are borderline unplayable

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:43 am

I jut completely ran out of mana trying to dot a running retribution Paladin, while he was left with 50% mana.

At least in Blood Rings you have options. BG? with your average BG comp of >50% pallies you can't do anything, cant dot, cant hardcast and whichever Paladins decides to will run at you and eat your entire healthbar with unmitigatable burst. Why are they doing this to their own server?

Dannyp92

Re: Battlegrounds are borderline unplayable

Post by Dannyp92 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:23 am

Just counter them. Have the Troll priests spread Hex of Weakness on the entire Alliance team so their heals are less efficient, and have the other priests Mana Burn the pallys. Also have the Hunters spam rank 1 Viper Sting, and the other DoTers spam rank 1 of their DoTs, to trick the pallys to waste mana on dispelling. They can't do anything if they're out of mana. Also if their team is packed with pallys, they're also lacking mobility and offensive capabilities.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:46 pm

The reason why lock is least played class - with amount of paladins 24/7 crosdispelling and every mage/druid using Decursive addon which allows ezmode decurse locks should rely only on hardcasting.

Its a meme situation when a class with ALl-build-in-One dispell button for almost ZERO mana can cleanse dispell himsels 24/7 in dps geared items and build so even if you use rank ONE corruption you both run oom in the same time, LOL.
Giving such utility class any kind of reliable dps was a huge mistake.
Also if their team is packed with pallys, they're also lacking mobility and offensive capabilities.
LOL
If their team packed with paladins thery just run into you rotating bubbles.
No offensive capabilities, ROFL

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:41 pm

I jut completely ran out of mana trying to dot a running retribution Paladin, while he was left with 50% mana.
Try something else? At least use magic dot's rank 1 or 3(at rank 3 they took full SPD scale but costs just about 100 mana so if pala decided to nopt dispel them they'll do some impact but if pala dispeling em - they aren't so high cost). And pro-pop holy protection potion anytime coz they are so cheap there is no point to aren't use em while it's 300-500 hp buff vs paladins.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:21 pm

Erhog wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:41 pm
Try something else? At least use magic dot's rank 1 or 3(at rank 3 they took full SPD scale but costs just about 100 mana so if pala decided to nopt dispel them they'll do some impact but if pala dispeling em - they aren't so high cost). And pro-pop holy protection potion anytime coz they are so cheap there is no point to aren't use em while it's 300-500 hp buff vs paladins.
He wrote "battlegrounds"
Why do you pretend he is fighting paladin 1vs1 with ur downrank sugegstions ?
With amount of paladins every game alliance has you will spend all your time for corruption rank1 because every your magic dot will be instantly dispelled due to paladin army and easymode addons that alliow to dispell everything with 1 click.

You cant keep your dots except maybe corruption regardless of rank.
Artificial paladin changes and their OP status attrackted many paladins to alliance side, their amount is abnormal.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:16 am

Dispelling keep your opponents busy doing dispel rank1 dot while your team could do something more useful to win against. And in the top of topic he is talking about he spent all his mana on dots while paladin spent just a half. I'd recommend in BG concentrating on CC and direct damage, keeping dots when possible just do add a bit more damage and annoy opponent team and keep healers busy dispeling em instead of direct heals. Anyway it's all about theorycraft in reality there might be a situation when OP aren't have engineering and pvp setup trying to kill random palas in the middle and complaint.

Manletow
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Manletow » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:59 pm

I thought Warlocks (and to a lesser extent Shadow Priests) hardcountered Paladin because Paladin does not have any defense against Fear or Curses.

(Except Holy Tree does have a 10% Resist to Fear Talent(s)

HOWEVER this may be true in 1v1 but 1v1 does not really matter as BGs are not 1v1.

Because Corruption and Fear are Magic Effects the army of Paladins can simply Cleanse each other very easily and cheaply.

T-WoW Paladins are so fucking broken its insane.
Nerf Nerf Nerf this busted class!
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Delalama

Post by Delalama » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:55 pm

skill issue

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am

It is busted, its basically spamming disarm on a melee class over and over and over again...they cant do any damage(cleanse/dispel)..so you are left with agony and pet damage. kek.

At least buff the pet damage by 400% so its hitting as much as a fresh geared warrior, because right now its hitting for 50 dmg autoattacks at lvl 60. I think my 29 twink's buffed juju succubus with dragonslayer+mark was hitting for double that damage...at lvl 29

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:29 am

Springboards wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am
It is busted, its basically spamming disarm on a melee class over and over and over again...they cant do any damage(cleanse/dispel)..so you are left with agony and pet damage. kek.

At least buff the pet damage by 400% so its hitting as much as a fresh geared warrior, because right now its hitting for 50 dmg autoattacks at lvl 60. I think my 29 twink's buffed juju succubus with dragonslayer+mark was hitting for double that damage...at lvl 29
Or cast shadowbolts? Or go destruction spec?

Annoying

Post by Annoying » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:14 am

wtb your games where paladins and priests cleanse and dispel stuff. I'm always dying to dots with like 6 paladins and 2 shadow priests around me.
Early Endgame - 49 Twinking

Scuffed - 60 Dwarf Hunter
Khrey - 49 Gnome Hunter