How to switch between gnomish eng to goblin?

Arger0

How to switch between gnomish eng to goblin?

Post by Arger0 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:52 pm

Hello everyone

I took gnomish eng when my skill was 200. Now I want to take goblin eng. As far as I know skill must be completely removed. I did it and leveling eng again. But it still gnomish.
How can I switch to goblin eng?

Thanks in advance.

Happyhorrorgm

Re: How to switch between gnomish eng to goblin?

Post by Happyhorrorgm » Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 am

How to switch to Goblin Engineering from gnomish Classic/Vanilla?
Just north of Steamwheel there is a hut. Go inside and click on the book on the table. It will allow you to switch to goblin. In Classic/Vanilla Wow to learn a new or old engineering spec you need to click on a book in steamwheedle port in tanaris, this doesnt cost any gold or items for quest hand in etc.

Last edited by Happyhorrorgm on Mon May 01, 2023 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 am

Try this:

“ To switch between Goblin Engineering and Gnome Engineering, bring up the “Professions” tab in the “Spellbook & Abilities” interface. Within the “Engineering” section, on the top-right side, there will be a button for your current specialization. Immediatedlty to the left of that button will be a small red circular icon. You can click that icon to remove your current specialization. Important: Do not click the similar icon that is to the left of the green skill bar since that would completely remove your Engineering skill (and not just the specialization).”

Arger0

Post by Arger0 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:38 am

Happyhorrorgm wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 am
How to switch to Goblin Engineering from gnomish Classic/Vanilla?
Just north of Steamwheel there is a hut. Go inside and click on the book on the table. It will allow you to switch to goblin. In Classic/Vanilla Wow to learn a new or old engineering spec you need to click on a book in steamwheedle port in tanaris, this doesnt cost any gold or items for quest hand in etc.

Hi!
Thanks but book is not active, cannot intreact with it.

Arger0

Post by Arger0 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:54 am

Grauhase wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:08 am
Try this:

“ To switch between Goblin Engineering and Gnome Engineering, bring up the “Professions” tab in the “Spellbook & Abilities” interface. Within the “Engineering” section, on the top-right side, there will be a button for your current specialization. Immediatedlty to the left of that button will be a small red circular icon. You can click that icon to remove your current specialization. Important: Do not click the similar icon that is to the left of the green skill bar since that would completely remove your Engineering skill (and not just the specialization).”
Hi!
Thanks, but I see red button only in Skills tab and there is no Profession tab in the Spellbook.

Seems this is solution for another version of WoW.

Arger0

Post by Arger0 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:52 am

Hello everyone.

Case closed. Fixed by involving GM to the issue.

Enceebe

Post by Enceebe » Mon May 01, 2023 10:48 pm

Arger0 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:52 am
Hello everyone.

Case closed. Fixed by involving GM to the issue.
I have the same problem how did you fix it. Did you needed to relearn everything or was there an other way.

Isatrix

Post by Isatrix » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:08 pm

I'm curious how it was resolved also. Just hit 35 and I'm about to start my journey to 300. I was wondering how to switch between goblin or gnomish, and as the poster above asked, did you need to relearn everything or was there a different way? If anyone knows the answer I would love to know. Thanks.

Zidis1

Post by Zidis1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:00 pm

I need help this happened to me and now i cant switch to goblin i leveled gnomish engeneer, unlearned it, level engeneer again from scratch and now i cant interact with the book in tanaris

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:31 pm

I have the same problem; I cannot interact with the book in Tanaris (I unlearned Engineering and re-leveled, first to 200 to check, then again at 225).

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:10 am

[SOLVED] I ran into several problems, but I got them solved eventually.

*The book in Tanaris that was used to switch specialization doesn't work in Turtle WoW (confirmed by a GM).
*It seemed the game got bugged when I un-learned engineering, as the game still remembered I had Gnomish Engineering (it was visible in the Spellbook), and Expert rank etc. so it wouldn't allow me to train higher as my engi skill got capped at 75/75.
*Due to this bug I un-learned yet again, but made sure the Spellbook was cleared of all references to engineering, and that it got removed completely from the "Skills" tab. I also deleted the WDB-folder and restarted the game.
*Once I got my engineering back up to 200 again, the quest for Goblin Engineering appeared for me in Ratchet

Janus

Post by Janus » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:17 am

Dannyp92 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:10 am

*The book in Tanaris that was used to switch specialization doesn't work in Turtle WoW (confirmed by a GM).
*It seemed the game got bugged when I un-learned engineering, as the game still remembered I had Gnomish Engineering (it was visible in the Spellbook), and Expert rank etc. so it wouldn't allow me to train higher as my engi skill got capped at 75/75.
*Due to this bug I un-learned yet again, but made sure the Spellbook was cleared of all references to engineering, and that it got removed completely from the "Skills" tab. I also deleted the WDB-folder and restarted the game.
*Once I got my engineering back up to 200 again, the quest for Goblin Engineering appeared for me in Ratchet
I have tried un-learned and re-learned engineering many times. But every time I re-learn I get higher ranks (Apprentice to Artisan) back automatically, resulting in a 1/300 skill. Is the how it is supposed to work in Turtle WoW?

And about switch specialization, so you are supposed to train engi back to 200 and do the quest for Goblin Engineering. And by doing this you drop Gnomish in the process. Am I understanding it correctly?

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:37 pm

Janus wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:17 am
Dannyp92 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:10 am

I have tried un-learned and re-learned engineering many times. But every time I re-learn I get higher ranks (Apprentice to Artisan) back automatically, resulting in a 1/300 skill. Is the how it is supposed to work in Turtle WoW?

And about switch specialization, so you are supposed to train engi back to 200 and do the quest for Goblin Engineering. And by doing this you drop Gnomish in the process. Am I understanding it correctly?
Not sure, but Turtle seems to do it differently, yes. In any case, when you re-learn in order to switch specialization, just make sure that your spellbook and "Skills" pane were cleared of any refererences to engineering before re-taking engineering. So you drop Engineering completely (including your original specialization), then re-train up to 200 skill level at which point the quest for the opposite specialization should be available. Just remember to make everything you want to keep from the previous specialization before un-learn to swap!

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:46 pm

It surprises me how TW with all the QoL changes, decided to keep the stupid engineering swap where you must go gnome > make all recipes > go goblin or just go gnome and buy sapper charges. All because gnomish trinkets have a nonsense BoP requirement while none of the gnomish devices do.
Imagine losing your rare raid recipes because you made a "mistake" and want to do it right this time.