Some Tips for a Warlock?

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Some Tips for a Warlock?

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:48 pm

I recently created a Warlock, my first Warlock, and I sent some money from my main character, the first thing that I done is learning one handed swords and equiped one.
Is a good thing have one handed swords with a warlock? Or is better have a dagger?
I'm centered on PvE and I do a bit of PvP sometimes, so, give me tips about it please.
Things like, what stats I need to prioritize and what things I need to know.

Reploidrocsa

Re: Some Tips for a Warlock?

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:58 pm

Use the weapon you get with best stats, whether it is a dagger, staff or sword.
For stats, intellect and stamina as you level up it's perfect, can't go wrong with that

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:06 am

hunt for spell dmg items as u lvl too
there is some unique staff/dagger/off-hands for warlocks in quests.

Spot

Post by Spot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:15 am

Unlock immolate as fast as you can.

On every build, make corruption instant cast and have at least 3 points into Suppression. Have fun with your tree until around level 40, then start looking into min maxing after you have chosen a style.

Stamina, Intellect stuff, with spell damage on it is what your looking for. More Stam than Int, cuz Life tap.

Bind the ~ key to pet attack. Then you can hit that key and then go into your action bar from there. It's right above the Tab key you use for targeting stuff. It's all right there.

Bind button 4 or 5 on the mouse for pet return. (This will save you and your party from mistakes MANY times.)

Macro your instant casts into a cast sequence to save space on your action bar. (instant casts only so you can hit that button wile running and cast out your ass.)

You can make that macro again and change the Curse to your second most used Curse, then macro it to go off holding Shift and the same button you use for dots. So if you have dots bound to 1 with Agony, you can then use Shift+1 to have the same sequence but with Exhaustion instead. :P

Macro unending breath and detect inviz into a cast sequence and bind it to a key. Give to everyone you pass on the road. (These buffs seem worthless most of the time, but can be used as a shield for your better buffs when things are dispelling stuff off you.)

Get SoulShardManager addon. It will limit how many shards you keep in your bag and allow you to keep using Drain Soul for the mana regen. Lowers down time when leveling.

Try using this all in one demon macro

/run if UnitIsFriend("player", "target")then CastSpellByName("Devour Magic")CastSpellByName("Fire Shield")else CastSpellByName("Sacrifice")CastSpellByName("Seduction") CastSpellByName("Spell Lock(Rank 1)",1)end

I may think of other useful things later and add them.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:57 am

Always use voidwalker while leveling and definitely dont listen to Spot about giving everyone you pass unending breathe and detect invis buffs, this would be insanity and a waste of mana. No points into destruction talent tree for optimal leveling. Stat prio is Stam/spell dmg or shadow pwr> int > spi. The top two talents in afflic are a must but you could only go 3/5 into suppresion(i go 5/5) and after that 5/5 for the stam talent in demo along with 3/3 void which helps him hold aggro. Either afflic or demo after getting these talents depends on playstyle you like and just read tooltips and dont ever get that drain soul talent.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Thanks for the tips, I will take in count all of them.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:00 pm

Turtle destro warlock is every warlocks player dream.

i play deep fire destro pvp warlock.
ofc for leveling best spec is shadow mastery or master demonology.
is ur choice.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm

For me the main talents for lvling is corruption 5/5 and improved void walker, these 30% additonal threat helps a lot, other talents are irrelevant

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:10 pm

Shadow bolt
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Spot

Post by Spot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:54 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:57 am
definitely dont listen to Spot about giving everyone you pass unending breathe and detect invis buffs, this would be insanity and a waste of mana.
I beg to differ! For one, you never know when you're gonna need to go for a swim. Maybe to run some guildies through BFD. I give it to people on the boat in case they fall off. For safety. I give the buffs to people I pass on the road. It's like saying hello with potentially fortuitous magic spells.

The best part is when they shoot me back with practically anything and it's sweet! Then I can put unending breath and see inviz over that to protect it from anything that would like to dispel it.
happy_turtle_head

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:32 am

I always played as Rogue or Warrior, so I will need to understand how to optimize the use of mana hahaha.
I noticed the mana is drained so fast here.

Finarfin

Post by Finarfin » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:32 am
I always played as Rogue or Warrior, so I will need to understand how to optimize the use of mana hahaha.
I noticed the mana is drained so fast here.
That's where good use of Life Tap + Drain Life (and possibly Siphon Life if you unlock it) comes in. If you're okay to not rely on constantly spamming shadow bolt on every enemy for max dps, it's possible to have infinite sustainability as a Warlock (especially as Affliction). It feels amazing to never have to eat/drink while leveling!

Look up the concept of "drain tanking" for more info on this playstyle.

smiling_turtle_head

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:26 pm

I'm not a good lock player but leveled one to lvl 60.
If you have enough money buy all the weapon skills you can get. You won't be punching things but if something with better stats drop, you should be able to use it. If you are a lock, weapon is a stat stick.