Improvements to Alah'thalas

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Improvements to Alah'thalas

Post by Sylveria » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:58 am

Hey there,

I've played through the Thalassian Highlands now three times. While i kinda like this zone to some extent and also the Redesign of Alah'thalas, there are some things that are really bugging me: We have that big market place, but we barely have any vendors. When we'd take away all those "refugee" npc's, the city would really be empty.
I think some more basic vendors should be added, especially to the bazaar. Wand vendors, armor vendors, different kinds of specific profession vendors.. The Quarter Master who is also the NPC to bring cloth to for reputation, is also in a strange spot, since the cloth guy usually is at the tailor trainer. So the layout of the npc's locations, which one's placed where, could be fleshed out a little better. As of now it's pretty confusing on what's to find where, which is atypical for alliance cities.
Last edited by Sylveria on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jongyi

Re: Improvements to Alah'thalas

Post by Jongyi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:59 am

This. Foundation are there. But it is more like like a big town rather than a city. I hope devs eventually upgrade with new patches

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:19 pm

Yes pls

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:52 pm

Well I over all realy love our new Quel'dorei zone! turtle_in_love_head

Yet of cause it is not perfect!

In general I tink there are some points we need improvements on:
  • Some textures use Sin'dorei red instead of Quel'dorei blue. Changing that will help cohesion.
  • The ranger corps is somewhat no longer present, despite beeing the backbone of Quel'dorei armed forces and beeing the main forces that were present before the overhaul.
  • We did also not get a propper headquater for the ranger corps, only that small shooting range where everyone is standing around. I'd personally like to see a wooden structure like a hunting lounge to display the rangers clocer connection to nature. That also might make it more remenicent of the original WarCraft III houses we saw in Quel'thalas, during the Undead campain. I feel it also helps making a little destinction between the ranger clans and the magister class from the citys.
  • We need some propper stables.
  • The Bazaar has only 3 traders present. Having the auctioneer and some more vendors present might make it feel a little more immercive.
  • Having gear vendors offer Quel'dorei equipemnt might also improve immersion.
  • Since this zone is ment to be after the initial Quel'dorei quest line having the moonwell phisically present might help a lot!
  • Some workshops seem to have only tabels with food, instead of something apropriet for the profession. I do not know how difficult it is to change some furniture in the WoW editor, but it will go a long way in tearms of immersion.
  • Some lore explenation for the withered might be helpful, since we already have some laylined below Alah'thalas (at least as far as I recall it) and since this is after the original Quel'dorei Quest line also the moonwell. If they just arrived thats fine but longer resedents might be propperly feed at this point.
  • The harborbuilding looks like an art installation instead of an actually useful building. Giving it some use will go a long way.
  • Restoring the teleport to Stormwind or at least a direct ship connection is something that I think will help a lot in tearms of traveling. Waiting for not one but two ships is sometimes kind of painful. crying_turtle
  • Having more residential buildings or at least some more tents for the refugees might also increase immersion.
  • The Citadel of the Sun feels kind of barren now that all the different NPC's have a new home.
  • Having the Dragonhawk is the original WarCraft III coloration will also improve immersion. I never realy liked the strange blue version.
The zone itself might also need some wild thalassian unicorns.

Forbearance
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Forbearance » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 pm

Thelleria wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:52 pm
Restoring the teleport to Stormwind or at least a direct ship connection is something that I think will help a lot in tearms of traveling. Waiting for not one but two ships is sometimes kind of painful.
A Mage teleport spell and a portal spell would also work.

Thelleria

Post by Thelleria » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:10 pm

Forbearance wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 pm
Thelleria wrote:
Restoring the teleport to Stormwind or at least a direct ship connection is something that I think will help a lot in tearms of traveling. Waiting for not one but two ships is sometimes kind of painful.
They are both nice additions but not a real replacement for a faster more direct form of travel, like the one we had in the past.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:51 am

Thelleria wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:10 pm
Forbearance wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:05 pm
Thelleria wrote:
They are both nice additions but not a real replacement for a faster more direct form of travel, like the one we had in the past.
I partially agree. I think a mage Teleport/Portal would be really nice, but while i Miss the Direct Teleport via Orb, a part of me thinks, that this Teleport was a Bit too convenient. So i can understand, that they took the Route over to Auberdine with the Ship instead of stormwind. On the other Hand: Flying from Stormwind to EPL ist now faster than waiting for two Ships. I absolutely understand the dev team's choice, it's a hard Balance act between making Things accessible and Not making Things too convenient.

But i think Alah'thalas is now remote enough to receive it's own mage-port.

For me personally there are (at this Point) waaaaaaay too many Refugee NPC's scattered around Alah'thalas, so you have no clear Overview on where are useful NPC's and where aren't. The vendors at the bazaar are easy to Miss because of that... And i Just dont think that there are soo many Refugees without some Sort of Profession or Skill to Help rebuilding their civilization there. Either as some Sort of vendor, trainer, service or craftsman.