2023 — December 20

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2023 — December 20

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 pm

• Fixed Eagles' model and animations.
  • Fixed 6 Female Forest Troll skins.
  • Fixed 40+ helmet visuals for both male and female Goblins.
  • Fixed numerous Goblin casting animation issues.
  • Fixed sheathing animations for both Female and Male Goblins.
  • Fixed Male High Elves 2h Animation Special.
  • Fixed Lost Defender's Helmet not hiding hair.
  • Nightmare Dreamrunner now has proper mount animations.
  • Fixed Anasterian's Legacy black texture and enchanting visuals.
  • Fixed Larvae of the Great Worm black texture.
  • Fixed Guardian of Icecrown black texture.
  • Fixed Anub'Rekhan black texture.
  • Fixed Thunderfury black texture.
  • Fixed Stygian Buckler texture.
  • New zones are now properly discoverable! This addition is initially rolled out with Thalassian Highlands, Blackstone Island, and Icepoint Rock. Other zones will be addressed in a later patch.
  • Gilijim and Lapidis Islands' general map appearances have been updated to better fit the actual shape and location.
  • Added Anchor's Edge, Thalassian Highlands, Blackstone Island, and Icepoint Rock to the world map.
  • Gnomeregan Reclamation Facility's lighting has been updated for a better look.
  • Added hover-over Points of Interest for all custom locations on the zone maps.
  • Restored vanilla map's Quel'thalas section.
  • Inns should no longer display Caelen's Rest Inn in places where it shouldn't.
  • Fixed most, if not all, pathing issues. Notable places include southern Gilneas beach, Deadwood Village in Felwood, Feralkin Cave in Feralas, and Anchor's Edge in the Barrens, where these issues were most severe.
  • Bloody Belt Buckle should (finally) be applicable to other players via the trade window.
  • Alah'Thalas flight path is now routed through Light's Hope Chapel for a more scenic flight.
  • /wave should no longer play an incorrect voiceline.
  • Karazhan Crypt should no longer bug out and send the player to Redridge Mountains on death.
  • The stun from Deadwood Pipe can now be removed and prevented by effects that remove stuns.
  • Players who are still ghosts upon being forcibly teleported out of Stormwind Vault due to no longer being part of the group will now be automatically revived.
  • Casting Starshards on other players will now properly cause you to enter combat and be flagged for PvP.
  • Made adjustments to Anubisath Warder ability timers.
  • War Mode has been changed to give a 20% bonus honor from all sources but reduced to a 20% bonus experience, following this schedule: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12138
  • Fixed invisible NPC attacking players during the Sapphiron encounter (hopefully).
Important notes:
  • Vertex Animation Shaders & Smooth Shading options are MANDATORY for custom models like the new Goblins.
  • Our main realm, Turtle WoW RPPvE, is getting a new name. With the client update, we will try to make the required changes to your clients to keep your addon settings intact. If it doesn't work, just go to the folder ../WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/Turtle WoW and rename it to ../WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/Nordanaar.

Dracarusggotham

Re: 2023 — December 20

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:19 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 pm
  • Restored vanilla map's Quel'thalas section.
THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS

I hope one day we can see Quel'thalas with that map shape.

PD: The High Elves bug with helmets not showing ears is fixed?

Great work TWoW Team, good rest, Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:05 pm

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Summersolstice

Post by Summersolstice » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:49 am

any update when Hanzi will be fully banned on PVE server?

Magicorck

Post by Magicorck » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:57 am

Thank you Torta,but i think we update too quick.1.17.0---------1.17.1.why are we update so quick now

Cookieboy

Post by Cookieboy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:58 am

I'm under the impression that warmode changes might upset a lot of people

Lower level players tend not to care so much about honor gains, and most people who go warmode only do it for the increased exp

I think ganking does a good job at lowering exp gains, and there's no shortage of bored level 60 rogues stalking STV

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:13 am

Hype!

Wideworld

Post by Wideworld » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:54 am

Some good changes.
Last edited by Wideworld on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:15 am

Some good changes!

You should increase rep gains for WSG and AB on their days imo (and buf the rep rewards). I say this a lot hoping it gets through.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:33 am

Also Max Honor 300k/week makes PvP pretty awesome and not so punishing (time wise) !!!!

Please Devs do this, pple have asked for 500k, I say 300k because it's more casual (which is what twow PvP should be since it's a laid back PvE server).
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Clickoneally

Post by Clickoneally » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 am

if you really want to fix honor in bgs and make them all even, just cap wsg at 30min, sg at 30min and av at 60min. change the objective honor to rep and give x honor for each 5 min played inside any bg. double honor and rep on special day. after 10 dimmishing return kills any further kill should give 1 rep for the bg youre inside. then adjust honor given in bloodring according to the honor per 5 minute.
here are some thoughts, tho i could add even more this covers the basic issues we apparently have on tel abim..

let us que in grp for bgs already and add 2on2 bloodring. cant be that gamebreaking if u have both modes. maybe add another arena where u have all pvp gear but no honor or rep gain.
add repeatable quests or achievements or rewards for playing all bgs.
make wearing battleground tabards gain you rep.
make alterac mounts give u 100 speed inside bgs, same with rank 11 mounts, there is almost no way for pvp player to farm gold for epic riding skill.
maybe add dual spec option to start of the game from rank 9 onwards or something.

give items an additional cooldowntimer just for inside bgs. same with abilities, just reset them to the start of every bg.
automatically buff all buffs according to present classes at the start of the game.
maybe add a table and a soul well that can be activated with like 3 ppl clicking it and gives food and healthstone that can only be used inside bgs.

make engineering a secondary profession on tel abim server.

if you want to go further you could disable all consums that give you any type of stats used in combat and add some new pvp consums you can buy with gold or a new pvp currency. maybe like 1 point for every 5 minutes played and then multiplied by 2 if you win a game and no multiply on lose.

like buffood with 25 or 30 stam
pots that are actually usefull like 2k hp and some mana,energy,rage.
flask that stays inside bgs and or arena.
maybe a system to make ppl actually use them like use x amount to get the title consumer or something like that.

im sure others can point out the other obvious issues since this is already a tldr post.

Birdmanh20

Post by Birdmanh20 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:51 am

When I ran patch it crashed. I read "tw_update.log" as directed and tried suggestions but they did not work. My fix was to run the normal .exe and not _tweaked.exe from the Twow Patcher.
I thought this fix might be good to add to tw_update.log. I'm excited for this update!
(Or maybe I'm dummy and this is well known but I'm new and it might help others newbs)

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:30 am

I like the new warmode changes, there is an incentive to keep it on at 60 now

Dinoriel

Post by Dinoriel » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:44 am

Getting to explore the Thalassian Highlands tonight brought me back to that same feeling I had years ago when I played WoW for the very first time. I didn't know what to expect upon logging in, but holy shit it's impressive. Thank you guys so much. I look forward to enjoying the rest of the update. :)

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:55 am

This is amazing! It's like everything I ever wanted from WoW. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the expansions; they had their place. But I always wondered about the stories we might miss in the original game while the devs focused on cosmic, undead horrors and the "beyond."

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:59 am

Hello, Torta. Is there any possibility you could assist me with location information and maps for the new content to include in my Comprehensive Cartography? Knowing their locations and basic information like level ranges would be highly beneficial for the community.

Iroctd

Post by Iroctd » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:57 pm

"Nightmare Dreamrunner now has proper mount animations."

Curious what they might be? Logged in this morning after patch and the mount still looks the same.

Seigar

Post by Seigar » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:11 pm

Iroctd wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:57 pm
"Nightmare Dreamrunner now has proper mount animations."

Curious what they might be? Logged in this morning after patch and the mount still looks the same.
It was related to this https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/5449

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:02 pm

Korval1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:59 am
Hello, Torta. Is there any possibility you could assist me with location information and maps for the new content to include in my Comprehensive Cartography? Knowing their locations and basic information like level ranges would be highly beneficial for the community.
Hello there. We're soon going to list them on our website, under the New maps and locations page!

Korval1

Post by Korval1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:12 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:02 pm
Korval1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:59 am
Hello there. We're soon going to list them on our website, under the New maps and locations page!
Oh, that's cool! I hope my thread inspired some of that. :)

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:12 pm

Yall are the best. Thank you!

Silverwarder

Post by Silverwarder » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:58 am

The patch will not install on my PC - downloads and then initializes and then just does nothing (i.e. installing.... but no bar and nothing changes). Tried a few times to restart the installation but for now no TWOW for me.

Unsinn

Post by Unsinn » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:22 am

The patch will not install on my PC - downloads and then initializes and then just does nothing (i.e. installing.... but no bar and nothing changes). Tried a few times to restart the installation but for now no TWOW for me.
There may be an invisible wow process running in the background that locks write access to the files that are being patched, resulting in a stuck installer. Closing the wow process using the task manager (again, its not a actual running wow client) fixed it for me.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:39 am

Thanks for your dedication!!!!

Silverwarder

Post by Silverwarder » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:03 pm

@Unsinn
You hit the nail right on the head... I reinstalled in new directory but when I tried to remove the previous folder, it gave the message that it was locked; when I signed out and back in I was able to delete the folder.

FYI - I run a WOTLK client and TWOW and there is a "hardware changed" pop up that gets stuck in memory. This was preventing me from installing the update afaik.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:10 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 pm
  • War Mode has been changed to give a 20% bonus honor from all sources but reduced to a 20% bonus experience, following this schedule: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12138
Is this 20% honor bonus working on 60 lvl? If yes are you plan to add possibility to take Warmode for a people who are started their characters prior this change due to it wasn't about honor prior but now it seems mandatory for honor farming?

Rizzor

Post by Rizzor » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:15 am

Birdmanh20 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:51 am
When I ran patch it crashed. I read "tw_update.log" as directed and tried suggestions but they did not work. My fix was to run the normal .exe and not _tweaked.exe from the Twow Patcher.
I thought this fix might be good to add to tw_update.log. I'm excited for this update!
(Or maybe I'm dummy and this is well known but I'm new and it might help others newbs)
Thank you! this was my problem as well