Warlocks and Spell-hit

Maladron

Warlocks and Spell-hit

Post by Maladron » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:40 am

As a Warlock main who raids enjoys Classic WoW+ raiding I always disliked the idea of being under hit-capped throughout the journey, unless I sacrifice so much of my options to get to 16% hit chance. I am aware that Warlocks have their strengths and weaknesses, however I cannot but feel inferior in raids in comparison to other casters, and having to wear Bloodvine and certain items just to be competitive in DPS. I am also aware that certain items of T1 & T2 will have bonus 1% spell hit, but that still does not cut it for us Warlocks, especially with the Bloodvine nerf. To make this more coherent, I'll compare other classes with us.

Mages. 3/3 Elemental Precision: (Fire/Frost) receive 6% bonus hit from talent. And Arcane spec receives 10% from talent.
Shadow Priests: 5/5 [Shadow Focus]: 10% Shadow Spell hit.
Warlocks: [Suppression 5/5]: 10% Affliction Spell hit only. No additional hit rating in Destruction or Demonology. I'm positive Warlocks' main DPS rotation revolves around Shadow Bolts, which as mentioned, receives no spell hit from talents.

Zul'Gurub Enchants (Head/Legs):
Mages receive 18 spell damage and 1% spell hit.
Warlocks receive 18 spell damage and 10 stamina.
Personally I do not mind this, as it is the same with Rogues/Hunters and other classes, although it would be better if we receive hit chance instead of 10 stamina, as if we are supposed to be tanking. Don't want to make this seem like a rant, so I'll stop here.

In conclusion: Give Warlocks destruction/shadow spell hit chance instead of affliction-spell-hit only.

Huoer

Re: Warlocks and Spell-hit

Post by Huoer » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:49 am

术士煤球仇恨那么高,伤害也不低,还想要命中高点,那其他职业怎么玩。平衡游戏不是谁弱加强谁,谁强削弱谁这么简单,要从很多方面去考虑。考虑过蓝耗么?考虑过仇恨么?考虑过读条时间么?考虑过天赋增强的带来的影响么?考虑过职业团队中的影响么?而且术士恶魔天赋不需要命中的,为啥要给恶魔术士天赋加命中呢?

Daheise001

Post by Daheise001 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:47 am

I think [Suppression 5/5]: 5% Shadow Spell hit is ok.

Delalama

Post by Delalama » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:00 am

Warlock playing under hit cap is not an issue. Don't make too many tradeoffs for hit.

LilKaren just posted the best naxx parse of the last three seasons with 9% hit in spider wing and only 7% hit throughout the the rest of naxx

His parse demonstrates the necessity of hitting the hit cap is a myth

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:19 am

Smiters don't get any free hit either and I currently have 16 from just gear. Not saying we shouldn't get a buff but it's definitely possible to get the hit you need from gear alone.