PvP & Economy Update

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

PvP & Economy Update

Post by Akalix » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:06 pm

Greetings!

Before I get into the changes, I would like to explain a little bit about them, as well as how they will be implemented. Over the next couple of weeks, we will be pushing numerous changes to primarily PvP gameplay but also PvE gameplay, applied to both realms.

These updates are all being done with the note that they are subject to change, with future changes being based on how these changes perform related to our goals. In general, we hope these changes are able to provide players more opportunities for unique or interesting gameplay, and ease pressure on certain economic concerns. Not every change will prove successful immediately, however they will gradually improve the experience with time.

Coming This Week
  • Dishonorable Kills have been removed, pending a larger scale rework.
  • Blood Ring has received numerous QoL changes and two balance change.
    • Pet Trinkets are now disabled in the arena
    • Worldbuffs are now removed upon entering the arena
    • Mana is now unlimited in the pre-game preparation phase
    • Soul Shards used in arenas are now refunded after the match ends
    • Players are now returned to full health and mana after a match ends
  • Battleground Queues are now paused when you enter a battleground, rather than canceled.
  • Rank 6 Potions are now able to stack up to 10.
  • Open World PvP has received a flat 50% honor gain increase.
  • Alterac Valley now rewards 25% less honor, while providing 25% more reputation.
  • WSG, AB, and SGV have all had their honor rewards increased by 25%
  • Plaguebloom can now be occasionally obtained by picking Arthas's Tears and found in Stratholme.
  • The Christmas Shop Sale has been released, let the celebration begin!

Implemented After Announcement
  • War Mode has been changed to give 20% bonus honor from all sources, but reduced to 20% bonus experience.
  • Winds of Discovery event will begin upon the launch of our patch 1.17.1: Labor & Legacy which will provide 10% bonus EXP on Nordanaar and 20% bonus EXP on Tel'Abim, with new characters qualifying for a gift upon reaching level 20!
  • WANTED quests are now available each week, with a bounty being placed on both the most Honorable and Dishonorable kills in the previous day
  • Alterac Valley has been given a new stacking Coward debuff. Every 5 minutes a player does not participate in combat, they gain a stack. After 3 stacks, they flee the battleground.
  • Rich Thorium Veins now share spawn locations with regular Thorium Veins. This does not include nodes found in instances.

Coming In Future Updates
  • Faction Leaders now have custom loot tables.
  • Blacksmithing has been given a new item, Horseshoes, which is a trinket giving +3% Plainsrunning movement speed.
  • New Towers have been erected in a few contested zones. One will randomly be selected every two hours and "activate," giving both factions a chance to battle for control. The winning faction will receive Warchief's Blessing or King's Battlecry on all characters within the zone for one hour. Any who participated in controlling the tower will additionally receive a decent chunk of honor.

Personal Note

I would like to reiterate our appreciation for our playerbase's continued loyalty and support. It's been a magical five years, and we appreciate your continued trust in our vision for a reimagined world in the Mysteries of Azeroth. On behalf of myself and the entire development, design, and support teams here at Turtle WoW: thank you, and happy holidays!

All updates are subject to changes and adjustments as needed
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Akalix

Re: PvP & Economy Update

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:37 pm

Post linked to upcoming changelog.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Dishonorable Kills have been reworked. They nolonger are obtained by killing Civilian NPCs, and are now gained by killing grey-leveled characters. However, dishonorable kills cannot be incurred in Capital Cities or Battlegrounds.

SO SAD TO READ THIS BULLS**T :(
at least for the telabim server.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Hi devs! Thanks for this. World chat on Telabim is talking about these changes right now, and the consensus is that AV will still be the meta for ranking, which is less than desirable. The proposed solution is to buff WSG/AB honor by 25% (or something) to put it on par with AV from an honor/hour standpoint.

I know it's not necessarily the turtle way to cater to this type of minmax perspective, however I do understand that people will gravitate toward the highest honor output, and that ideally they should all be roughly equivalent.

Thol

Post by Thol » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:52 pm

Amazing changes all around, thank you! smiling_turtle_head

Euth

Post by Euth » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 pm

just a 25% reduction in honor from AV isnt gonna make the honor gain from AV less than wsg and ab, so only AV will still pop, and 25% increase in rep will incentivize more people who do not care about the pvp to go queue and farm the rep = more av pops, people farming honor are then incentivized to also queue av, as it is better honor and popping more
there should have also been an increase of honor gained from wsg and ab by 25% and this would work, i really believe you are underestimating how much better honor gain is from AV flat
i hope you reconsider, but i think it will show after the change, as i can guarantee it will stay the same, AV will stay meta and the main battleground for ranking

Jagjag2

Post by Jagjag2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 pm

Winds of Discovery event will begin upon the launch of our patch 1.17.1: Labor & Legacy which will provide 10% bonus EXP on Nordanaar and 20% bonus EXP on Tel'Abim, with new characters qualifying for a gift upon reaching level 20!
Please do not do this.

Steakhouse
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Steakhouse » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:56 pm

All these changes are wonderful. A step further for BR would be disabling consumes but either way Im in agreement with litteraly every change here, great work

Spitfire33

Post by Spitfire33 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:02 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:06 pm
  • Mana is now unlimited in the pre-game preparation phase
Ok but why not make it so its all resources (not just mana) and for every battleground? Also would be great to have such buff for lets say 5 seconds after resurrection on graveyards.

Tanvet

Post by Tanvet » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Thanks these updates are AWESOME! some love for WPVP gank protection from high level players, wanted quests etc. turtle_in_love_head

glad i stayed on Tel´Abim!

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Euth wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 pm
just a 25% reduction in honor from AV isnt gonna make the honor gain from AV less than wsg and ab, so only AV will still pop, and 25% increase in rep will incentivize more people who do not care about the pvp to go queue and farm the rep = more av pops, people farming honor are then incentivized to also queue av, as it is better honor and popping more
there should have also been an increase of honor gained from wsg and ab by 25% and this would work, i really believe you are underestimating how much better honor gain is from AV flat
i hope you reconsider, but i think it will show after the change, as i can guarantee it will stay the same, AV will stay meta and the main battleground for ranking
Scelus12 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:51 pm
Hi devs! Thanks for this. World chat on Telabim is talking about these changes right now, and the consensus is that AV will still be the meta for ranking, which is less than desirable. The proposed solution is to buff WSG/AB honor by 25% (or something) to put it on par with AV from an honor/hour standpoint.

I know it's not necessarily the turtle way to cater to this type of minmax perspective, however I do understand that people will gravitate toward the highest honor output, and that ideally they should all be roughly equivalent.
If this proves accurate, we will monitor the situation and further adjust as needed.

Anapod

Post by Anapod » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:07 pm

Jagjag2 wrote:
Winds of Discovery event will begin upon the launch of our patch 1.17.1: Labor & Legacy which will provide 10% bonus EXP on Nordanaar and 20% bonus EXP on Tel'Abim, with new characters qualifying for a gift upon reaching level 20!
Please do not do this.
Yeah not a fan of this

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:08 pm

two questions:
1. Pet Trinkets are now disabled in the arena.

Great call, does this include timbermaw trinket as well? IMO it should not since this is a viable pvp trinket not just a screen clutter.

Alterac Valley has been given a new stacking Coward debuff. Every 5 minutes a player does not participate in combat, they gain a stack. After 3 stacks, they flee the battleground.

Why not do this for AB and WSG too !!

Awesome changes, TY DEVS!!
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Uatu

Post by Uatu » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:08 pm

Rich Thorium Veins now have no set open-world nodes, now only spawning in instances or in place of regular Thorium Veins.
Will this mean that RTV will be more randomized in both instances and open world?

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:18 pm

Economy Update?
Can we please talk about Plaguebloom und Fishing pools?
Prices have been skyrocketing non stop - way higher with less people on the server.

Could you provide us with any data about gathered?
Better fix the spawns and multiple spawns of plaguebloom. We have enough raiders in our guild burn out due to those prices.

reread announcement - lets hope those plagueblooms in arthas will solve something -.-

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:22 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:46 pm
Dishonorable Kills have been reworked. They nolonger are obtained by killing Civilian NPCs, and are now gained by killing grey-leveled characters. However, dishonorable kills cannot be incurred in Capital Cities or Battlegrounds.

SO SAD TO READ THIS BULLS**T :(
at least for the telabim server.
As someone who trolls and terrorizes the lowbies on occasion when I get bored (Or at least used to, I don't really play anymore) this seems like a pretty good change. Not sure if it was needed, but it at least takes away some incentive to kill someone unfairly, since a lot of PvP players tend to be toxic bastards, especially the gankers. A lot of people will still do it, because people will continue to do as they do because they like to watch everyone around them suffer, regardless of consequences.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:08 pm
two questions:

Great call, does this include timbermaw trinket as well? IMO it should not since this is a viable pvp trinket not just a screen clutter.

Alterac Valley has been given a new stacking Coward debuff. Every 5 minutes a player does not participate in combat, they gain a stack. After 3 stacks, they flee the battleground.

Cause AB and Warsong require people to anchor on flags, forcing people to move away from their flag they protect in AB would be stupid. Same for Rogues/hunter who protect the flag room, if none of the enemys goes for the flag they will be punished for defending it.

In av it prevents those AFK farmers who only mine ores and herbs.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:28 pm

Anapod wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:07 pm
Jagjag2 wrote:
Please do not do this.
Yeah not a fan of this
Agree, no xp boosts.
Every other reward, Even if its OP is fine untill the pop is better, but the xp rate should never be touched.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
two questions:

It does not include the Timbermaw Ancestor, it should include most things like yeti, greench, servant bell and timberling though, mainly pets that get stacked to hard pushback casters.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm

I actually like the DHK rule, as long as if the lowbie attacks you first you're allowed to defend yourself. Not sure if that is easily implemented or not.

I like the XP bonus to incentivize fresh rolls.

I like this entire update, as long as we see the BG meta shit away from AV.

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:31 pm

Hell yeah, Horseshoes!
Cows are happy right about now. <3
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:33 pm

Akalix wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm
Euth wrote:
Scelus12 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:51 pm

If this proves accurate, we will monitor the situation and further adjust as needed.
No, do not make rankers start playing WSG and AB. It will ruin those battlegrounds. Keep them contained in AV.

You know who I am Akalix, you know I speak with experience.

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:35 pm

Scelus12 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm
I actually like the DHK rule, as long as if the lowbie attacks you first you're allowed to defend yourself. Not sure if that is easily implemented or not.

I like the XP bonus to incentivize fresh rolls.

I like this entire update, as long as we see the BG meta shit away from AV.
Ye i wonder how it is handled with lvl 49 twinks who attack lvl 60`s - Does that mean we are not allowed to fight back if they try to kill us? (Unless we want a dishonorable kill)

Existenz

Post by Existenz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:43 pm

Worthless silverleaf update only escalating the exodus from Tel'Abim, please wake the peacebloom up and hand the reins to someone who has a sliver of a mageroyal clue about what's going on.
You're treating Tel'Abim as if it was a new fresh pve, it has been dying for weeks, and you are only proving you have zero earthroot clue about what to do to retain the current population.

I repeat, hand over the reins to someone with a khadgar's whisker clue about the changes needed on tel'abim, because you sure as liferoot don't get it, and the server is nothing but dying and losing it's core players.

DHK for gray level are you fadeleaf kidding? So a 47 can now grief and derank 60's? Griefing? Tagging due to thorns, running into aoe on purpose? What sort of a sungrass purple lotus thought this was a good idea?

I repeat again, hand over the reins to SOMEONE with a clue. You are not getting it, you didn't get it, you won't get it, and you are only making it worse with meaningless update that nobody asked for.

(Sanitized for rainbow people.)

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:49 pm

Holyhorrorr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:23 pm
Chudman123 wrote:
two questions:

Cause AB and Warsong require people to anchor on flags, forcing people to move away from their flag they protect in AB would be stupid. Same for Rogues/hunter who protect the flag room, if none of the enemys goes for the flag they will be punished for defending it.

I agree people defending flags is very important but to have no combat for 15 minutes would almost be difficult if everyone is actually playing.

Maybe for WSG and AB boost honor and rep gains for hks up to like first 10 hks so that you don't have afk meta.

Don't want to break BGs by punishing defenders but also joining a WSG/ab and over half the people afk at a flag ruins many games.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:53 pm

DHK is about balancing priorities. You want to disincentivize relentlessly slaughtering innocents, while minimizing the ability for others to grief using the DHK system.

So why not give everyone 3 free DHKs per week? If someone makes an honest mistake or is griefed they shouldn't be punished for it. But if they have more than 3 DHKs, well they probably deserve a knock down.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:57 pm

Existenz wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:43 pm
I repeat, hand over the reins to someone with a khadgar's whisker clue about the changes needed on tel'abim, because you sure as liferoot don't get it, and the server is nothing but dying and losing it's core players.

I repeat again, hand over the reins to SOMEONE with a clue. You are not getting it, you didn't get it, you won't get it, and you are only making it worse with meaningless update that nobody asked for.
Akalix wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:06 pm
Greetings!
These updates are all being done with the note that they are subject to change, with future changes being based on how these changes perform related to our goals. In general, we hope these changes are able to provide players more opportunities for unique or interesting gameplay, and ease pressure on certain economic concerns. Not every change will prove successful immediately, however they will gradually improve the experience with time.
A majority of this update is, quite literally, exactly what people asked for. Some even word for word.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:02 pm

The dishonorable kills change is only going to lead to a whole lot of griefing and abuse, disincentivizing WPvP.
Last edited by Gantulga on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:02 pm

Thanks Aka. From my pov the changes are great (maybe implement a DHK freebie though, to avoid griefing). I suspect we are seeing some frustration bubble over with the loss of population from Telabim because of SoD. The hardcore pvp community were hoping for something more from the update, I guess. I wish they would be more clear about exactly what they wanted, because frankly I'm not totally sure (outside of balancing AV honor).

Rainny

Post by Rainny » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:05 pm

just give us transfer..... to pve from pvp

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:49 pm
Holyhorrorr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:23 pm
Chudman123 wrote:
two questions:

I agree people defending flags is very important but to have no combat for 15 minutes would almost be difficult if everyone is actually playing.

Maybe for WSG and AB boost honor and rep gains for hks up to like first 10 hks so that you don't have afk meta.

Don't want to break BGs by punishing defenders but also joining a WSG/ab and over half the people afk at a flag ruins many games.
I understand that yes, the people who are AFK in bg`s are super annoying.
But i myself (druid) anchor sometimes at farm and no horde comes to that flag at all.... so i sit there in stealth and wait for pvp action. Should these people then be punished for doing their job and protect the flag? Maybe they could implement for those bg some other way to prevent this afk people but to be honest i not know how.

Scelus12

Post by Scelus12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Naked transfer, any level, with max 20g from pve to pvp would be totally acceptable to me. Or something along those lines.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:29 pm

Holyhorrorr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm
]

I understand that yes, the people who are AFK in bg`s are super annoying.
But i myself (druid) anchor sometimes at farm and no horde comes to that flag at all.... so i sit there in stealth and wait for pvp action. Should these people then be punished for doing their job and protect the flag? Maybe they could implement for those bg some other way to prevent this afk people but to be honest i not know how.

Yes totally a good way to play for stealth classes. Why I said reward first 10hks a lot as to incentivize people to try.

If people were incentivized to get some hks each match they would maybe be attacking that flag you defend.

Afk should be terrible honor/rep per hour imo

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:33 pm

Changes of Note:
  • WSG, AB, and SGV have been given increased honor rewards
  • Dishonorable Kills have been temporarily removed pending a larger-scope rework
  • Plaguebloom added to Stratholme

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:39 pm

Akalix wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:33 pm
Changes of Note:
  • WSG, AB, and SGV have been given increased honor rewards
  • Dishonorable Kills have been temporarily removed pending a larger-scope rework
  • Plaguebloom added to Stratholme
Amazing!!

Wsg/AB rep reward items and set bonus getting buffed to BR level eventually?