Shaman Fixes v2

Chappinhas3000

Shaman Fixes v2

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:32 pm

In accordance to my last post, some changes i made

Shaman Weapons:

- Rockbitter Weapon: Add attack power to weapon, increases threat from auto attacks, and reduces the damage taken by an amount.

-Flametongue weapon: Add fire additional fire damage to attacks and grant the shaman additional spell power

-Frostbrand weapon: Chance on hit to deal extra frost damage, increases MP5 and add frost and fire resistance to the shaman

-Windfury Weapon: Increases attack speed by 5%, Chance on hit to deal 2 aditional attacks the damage from this attack counts as nature damage.

Shaman Shields:

- Lightning Shield: summon three orbs that protect and empower the shaman dealing nature damage to attackers and increasing critical strike damage from attacks and abilities by 10%

-Earth Shield : Summon three orbs that protect and empower the shaman healing the target on damage taken and reducing the damage taken by the target by an amount

-Water Shield: summon three orbs that protect and emppower the shaman granting mana on damage taken and increasing mana regeneration by an amount

Shaman Totems:

- Stoneskin Totem : reduces melee damage taken by an amount and reduces the chance to be critically hit.

- Magma Totem : deals damage in an area around the totem, the threat is transfered to the caster

- Healing Stream totem and Mana Spring totem ( combined) : heals an amount and grants mana every 2 seconds

- Windwall totem: reduces ranged damage taken and increases the chance to be missed

- Stoneskin Totem: Taunts enemys in an area around the totem, the totem takes reduced damage from melee attacks

Shaman Talents:

-Enhancement:
- Bloodlust: ROW 5: grants the caster and the target 5% melee attack speed and 5% melee damage for 15 seconds, 15 sec CD
- Improved Bloodlust :ROW 6: Requires Bloodlust: Shaman Criticals Reduce the CD of Bloodlust by 1 sec
- Weapon Mastery : ROW 6: 5 points: grants 1% weapon damage and 1% chance to hit with melee attacks
- Primal Strike: ROW 7 : 1 point: Strike the target dealing Weapon damage and granting the shaman an effect based on current shaman weapon: Fire DOT for flametongue, Damage shield for Rockbitter, Freeze for Frostbrand, Threat reduction for Windfury

Burunduk

Re: Shaman Fixes v2

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:02 pm

1.Bloodlust is too op, it must be removed from the game.
2.They will not add passive mana reg to Water Shield because there is totem that does the same, and it will be buffed next patch.
3.Earth Shield reduces damage? What's for? This shield is for healers, not for tanks.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:20 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:02 pm
1.Bloodlust is too op, it must be removed from the game.
2.They will not add passive mana reg to Water Shield because there is totem that does the same, and it will be buffed next patch.
3.Earth Shield reduces damage? What's for? This shield is for healers, not for tanks.
give shield to tank, tank gets less damage, heal becomes more efficient, also good for solo play. Id rather have multiple mp5 sources then only one. BS needs fixing but its too thematical to be removed i think, forgot to mention es castable on target

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:30 pm

Earth Shield castable on target is very bad idea in Classic.
There are many shamans in raid, but only one of them will show better healing numbers because his Earth Shield is on main tank.

We don't need extra damage reduction for tanks, they already have tons of armor.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:03 pm

this obsesion with who's first on the meter is very lame, earthshield on tank would give for a more interesting healing experience, i also think the damage reduction would make for a pleasent solo experience, it shouldn't all be done to balance raids, there's a whole world out there

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Raiders are crazy about logs, they will do anything to show best result.
Refreshing shield on tank every XX sec is not interesting experience, it's TBC gameplay.
Earth Shield is something like HoT ability, it doesn't need additional buff, this kind of buff can be only set bonus.

Glipo

Post by Glipo » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:30 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm
Raiders are crazy about logs, they will do anything to show best result.
Refreshing shield on tank every XX sec is not interesting experience, it's TBC gameplay.
Earth Shield is something like HoT ability, it doesn't need additional buff, this kind of buff can be only set bonus.
ya raiders are mad about minmaxing thats killing rpg part of game for them sadly
if here was a hair color what gives them 0,5% advantage they will take it

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:37 pm

Shamans really need fire totem that increases crit chance and maybe spd.
Something like 1% crit 20spd will be useful.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:53 pm

maybe the crit could be an effect, like a top talent of elemental, when your searing totem crits it increases your chance to crit ? Earthshield could heal less and decrease damage taken, even if not castable on allies it would still increase the shamans options, usefull for tanking and damage reduction would also be usefull for healer should he take the ocasional hit.

The fire totems should also scale better, or at least have a talent to decrease the cast speed of searing and the time between ticks of magma. Dont wanna go too hard on the buffs tho, think fire should always preferably deal dmge

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Searing totem doesn't work if bosses immune to fire damage.

Earth Shield will never have 2 effects, plus shamans tanks will prefer Lightning Shield, that generates more aggro.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:03 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:27 pm
Searing totem doesn't work if bosses immune to fire damage.

Earth Shield will never have 2 effects, plus shamans tanks will prefer Lightning Shield, that generates more aggro.
never say never, ES could esily have 2 effects provided the heal was balance to account for the second, if the tank shamans dont want to use it ( and it would still be an option, then it could still be used by healers and solo farmers to have more defense.
I struggle to understand how obsessed some ppl are towards changes that might make the game more fun and less linear, meta is a bane that must be fervently combated

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm

No one cares about solo farm.
I've never seen damage reduction buff on Earth Shield in any WoW addon, you want something that can't exist on this server.
Changes just for changes don't make sense.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm
No one cares about solo farm.
I've never seen damage reduction buff on Earth Shield in any WoW addon, you want something that can't exist on this server.
Changes just for changes don't make sense.
in vanilla plus its damage reduction - heals, i think this change would be of great synergy to stoneskin totem, you may not care about solo farm but some ppl like playing the game in that manner. The resistance i feel on the es cause is uncalled for and betrays a fear i cannot understand.

If the change is not pleasent or dosnt really work, it can always be removed afterwards

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:46 pm

V+ is mega custom strange server where developers can do anything.
Turtle has another philosophy.

Chappinhas3000

Post by Chappinhas3000 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:30 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:46 pm
That may be so, and i much apreciate the turtle philosophy wich is why i come back ever so often, that said, some changes can drasticlly improve gameplay and open new doors to the experience, additionally these changes should respect thematic considerations.
In this regard, i believe granting shaman earth spells a damage reduction component can be very beneficial in imrpoving class fantasy. Rockbitter, Earth Shield and Stoneskin Totem all giving damage reduction can give for cool earth shaman roleplay, a true bastion of mail.
It is for this reason i am so insistant on this change.

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:55 pm

Burunduk wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:46 pm
+1 I much prefer the cautious approach of Turtle Wow
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Gdawg45

Post by Gdawg45 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:14 pm

Shaman could use a minor tweak to assist with mana regen. It would look like a buff to stoneskin totem in the end.

I think changing Spirit Link to displace damage classified as physical instead of the current spell dmg classification would allow the shaman to use stoneskin instead of chain heal or healing stream. Spirit Link makes the Healing Stream totem work 3-4x better but the shaman looses the mana regen or the other buffs from the water totem family of spells.
If Spirit Link is changed to fit this format it would allow better group mana regen and better versatility to dungeons encounters allowing the shaman to use mana spring, disease/poison cleanse, or fire resist depending on the encounter. This can be done regardless of the group role of healer/DPS or caster/ melee.