Make Dishonorable Ranks Have an Impact

Kazgrim

Make Dishonorable Ranks Have an Impact

Post by Kazgrim » Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=342

Right now, dishonorable ranks are only cosmetic. However, in the World of Warcraft Game Manual, Page 134, "dishonorable kills", it states...

Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and the Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated even by your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

This would be a nice feature to re-implement. I suggest that dishonored players would...

-Have an experience penalty
-Become hostile to own faction NPCs
-Permanent FFA flag (anyone can attack them)

This suggestion would not effect players who prefer to remain PvE, as dishonored players cannot initiate pvp with unflagged players.
Last edited by Kazgrim on Thu May 14, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Torta

Re: Make Dishonorable Ranks Have an Impact

Post by Torta » Thu May 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Good idea. Yet can't be a priority in the near future, to be honest.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 pm

You'd have to reset the honor ranks for people who got the titles because they were cosmetic only and would now be disallowed from playing the game. Unless you intend for them to just be screwed.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu May 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Qixel wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 pm
You'd have to reset the honor ranks for people who got the titles because they were cosmetic only and would now be disallowed from playing the game. Unless you intend for them to just be screwed.
There're ways to prevent it.

But as I said, I won't have time for this feature in the near future.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Qixel wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 pm
Agreed.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Volitare

Post by Volitare » Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 pm

I love the idea of not being able to enter cities. In Ironforge there's a Thief-catcher guard, it would be so much fun if rogues were hostile/unfriendly to him and had to work around him.

More to the point, i suggest this:
Make each capital city have a sub-faction that dishonored players would be able to talk to, and through some daily quests redeem themselves.. Kinda like how in Assassin's Creed, you have to go around tearing down posters to lower your notoriety levels.

SI-7, The Shattered Hand, Death Stalkers, some new Tauren Tribe that practices shady arts (not the Grimtotem, since we kill them for quests anyway), Irongorge rogues, and some Nigh Elven family that would maybe deal with questionable partners?

Furthermore, it would be a nice feature to scatter a few small camps of non-allied NPCs thought the world. Not in every zone, but perhaps Deadwin Pass, Alterac, Plaguelands, Desolace, Azshara, Dustwallow, etc. Here dishonored players would be able to buy supplies and mats, at a much much higher price. Sort of a small, unwelcoming camps of murderers and outcasts, where other such people could find a temporary refuge at their own risk?

As Kazgrim said, the most hated players would be attacked by any faction NPC. So I don't know if these players were supposed to even be able to visit Ratchet, BB, and other neutral towns?

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Fri May 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Tomas1983 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm
i love this idea !
so i can be as hated ingame as i am on paper on antsy
but there has to be some benefit to being outlaw
like u can attack anyone , even without tags , maybe even own faction
if its all negative no1 is going thru the long grind to dishonored ranks
That's where I disagree. This idea will get shot down if we suggest outlaws can attack non-flagged players. The "benefit" of this feature is to offer another 'hardcore' gameplay experience. The concept of being able to attack your own faction and to also be vulnerable to players makes it exciting and worthwhile to try out! I wouldn't recommend we tailor this feature to create a 1:1 experience to recuperate lost features and lost perks when becoming an outlaw. The point is to punish you!

@Volitare - I like the idea of small camps around the world, maybe at known 'bandit' factions like on the outskirts of Moonbrook, Skull Rock, Grimtotem Camps, Syndicate, Bloodsail, etc, where outlaw characters can buy food, set their hearthstone, and have repair vendors. That being said, neutral factions like BB, Everlook, etc, as well as Argent Dawn, and all other NPC factions wouldn't necessarily be hostile to the outlaw player. Only the Horde and Alliance would be hostile to the outlaw.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:36 pm

bump
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Skalman

Post by Skalman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am

The day a player (eg. dishonored), can attack non-pvp flagged other players, this server is no longer Turtle WoW. You PvPers, try to understand this is a PVE server, and stop suggesting open world PVP - in any form.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Skalman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am
The day a player (eg. dishonored), can attack non-pvp flagged other players, this server is no longer Turtle WoW. You PvPers, try to understand this is a PVE server, and stop suggesting open world PVP - in any form.
Not going to happen don't worry

I see it more like player from any faction can attack you if you are outlawed but they are not flagged PVP until they attack you. Like normal mechanic works.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:18 am

I'd love to see outlaws added. As for PVP, if anything, the dishonored outlaws should be flagged permapvp and other regular players should be allowed to attack them whenever, but I think just making them outlaws from their own faction is fine enough. Wiping all dishonor before the change is obviously the fairest thing to do, although I'm sure there are a few players who would welcome opting out of a wipe.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Skalman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:00 am
Yea that would be a bad idea, I agree. Although that's different than what I suggested, which was;

"-Permanent FFA flag (anyone can attack them)"

Which means a FFA flagged player is vulnerable to other players and not that he can attack un-flagged players.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Hergulesky

Post by Hergulesky » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Something like keyring item which makes you flagged...

Edit. I wonder. Maybe those item can queeueueue into battlegrounds... Bag space expensivo...

Jekka

Post by Jekka » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 am

Is there any progress on this in the works?
“Nothing is lost. Nothing is forgotten. It was in the blood, the flesh. And now, it is forever.” - Prophet of Hakkar The Soulflayer

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:21 pm

I know of none. It's unfortunate. The opportunity to create a game world where ganking is very costly exists. As does the opportunity to create a game world were such deviancy opens certain payoffs but at the cost of severe costs on a social level. But as far as I understand, there really isn't anything in action that has any real impact in the game world on a social level.

Which stinks, because there were always mechanisms to deter ganking in WoW, but not used. And they could make it a richer game.

Mantigora

Post by Mantigora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Last night I read about a quest that will give you a debuff that will make your character be shunned by their own faction. This might be a useful base to work from to make a 'punishment' for Dishonored players.
I will look it up and post more info once I have found it again.

OK. I found it again:
It is referred to in this comment: https://classicdb.ch/?quest=6627#comments:id=207763
And the debuff is called Mark of Shame: https://classicdb.ch/?spell=6767
This could be made to have a longer duration.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Will be considered once we're done with the essential part of the patch. Not even soon™.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 pm
Not even soon™.
THANK YOU for not being Activision!! satisfied_turtle_head