Upcoming PvP changes

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Upcoming PvP changes

Post by Geojak » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:59 pm

Twinking wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:43 pm
In pve we have both shamans and paladins in one raid, and now in pvp bg we will have shamans and paladins in one raid. So what's the problem with just adding dwarf shamans and undead paladins? I think it will be better than crossfaction bg.
crossfaction solves issues that just adding shaman/paladin to the other side cant never do.
1. crossfaction helps with queue times by matching players faster to actually play
2. crossfaction can help with bg balance by distributing the generally more pvp interested and therefor more skilled horde pvpers with also better racials with the alliance.
3. T3 alliance rarely play bgs as they dont enjoy pvp as much. T3 horde more often shows up just for fun. crossfaction could help here too to distribute power plazers better
4. corssfaction will make allaicne and horde players switch side on av map sometimes to better get an understanding about who is favoured how. it will also make palas fight palas and horde fight shamans. generally people will get a better understanding of the games balance by seeing not just one side.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:54 pm

Xudo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:53 am
BTW. I played AV yesterday as my donor character. Green 59.
Horde won AV twice. I was attacked by paladin and survived.
Are paladins really that broken?
Yes but also no. Yes, a good geared paladin who knows how to abuse the class changes can wipe you out in seconds. No, 98% of paladins are terrible keyboard turners who don't do anything and have no idea what they're doing.

And yes, horde now win all AVs.

Vaikaris

Post by Vaikaris » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:32 pm

It's very sad to see people opposing cross-faction queues. BGs are in an extremely sad state where matchmaking has obvioous massive gear differences and problems. Cross-faction is a fix, a complete fix. Yet here we are, fighting against it.

I just feel the same retail spirit where a fix is proposed and people who LIKE the problem argue violently against it and when there's money to be made, devs cater to those who are more active so they let issues fester.

I'm sure the devs have winrate logs and are aware how bad it is right now. And if any of them play alliance (doubtful) they'll also see how pointless it can get.

But if all that's released is a half-assed merc mode, nothing will change. Merc mode needs to double honor gain or just be fully cross-faction.

Oh, and to RP complainers -

WSG is a fight between night elves wanting to preserve the woods and orcs wanting to cut them. Would a Tauren druid have an RP reason to rush flags so the woods can be cut faster?

AB is a fight between the forsaken and humans for control. Would every troll and orc, many of which fought alongside the humans at Hyjal, but 0 forsaken did, be on the side of the forsaken somehow?

AV is the only BG with an RP reason to stick to sides, but even then, Warcraft never really had strict factions. Half the trolls are against the horde, only one tribe is actively with the orcs, the tauren help but are their own thing, forsaken are almost entirely separate and very loosely tied to them. Night elves and humans are automatically hostile most of the time and only worked together in Hyjal and against demons. Dwarves and elves more so. Gnomes are proven to do whatever for science and power.

And if you say that BGs being cross-faction is somehow against the lore, may I remind you that in Warcraft 3, the OFFICIAL LORE of this entire thing, races were not:

Humans, night elves, elves, dwarves, gnomes VERSUS orcs, trolls, tauren, undead, goblins

They were:
Humans+dwarves+some high elves
vs
Night elves
vs
Orcs+taurens+some trolls
vs
Undead

With goblin mercenaries.

So yeh, absolutely unreasonable complaint.

Still bothers you? Donation shop skins literally turn you into a character that has an RP reason to fight against his own faction...

Twinking

Re: PvP on Turtle WoW: Concepts and Upcoming Changes

Post by Twinking » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:51 pm

Chudman123 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:42 am
So main problem with PvP ranking and honor is getting past rank 10 with all the people who share accounts (or AFK or bot).

Also the calculation takes too long because we compete against each other for the honor......make it a flat amount of honor per level (scaling up logically to r14) with max rank you can get per week (like at most 1/2 rank per week after r7).

Removing the ability to drop below a rank is a good idea but this still does not allow anyone who plays properly (no acct share, no afk, no bot) to actually get r14 or even r12 really, just look at what people like Darkhawk share on Discord playing a fairly good amount and getting moved back within rank 11....this bliz like change still does not fix the root issue that no one can get actual rank gear AND have a life outside of wow (and it incentivizes bots and AFK lame-o's).

So what you should do instead is just remove the decay completely and only allow at most a half rank per week (1/4 rank per week when you get to r12). Without doing this no one who actually plays and enjoys PvP will ever get r14 unless they are retired and even then it would be really hard to play it TOO MUCH IN A ROW and not fun like a game should be.

This game is very fun to PvP at but you are really gating the ability to get ranked gear by forcing people into this behaivor of semi-cheating or no-lifeing it which is counter-twow ideology so please read Discord and please don't ONLY do this because it won't really change much.

Removing decay and putting week times on it allows anyone to get it casually as well (but it would just take forever).

Also it helps all the "AFK/semi-bot" crowd to get their gear and get out of BGs since they are PvE'ing a PvP instance....and get honor numbers that basically require a bot or acct share. Also plenty of pple have r14 gear from early twow when it took like 5 hours or something.

Finally PvP gear is still not nearly as good as NAXX on average so just let it be with a flat amount system so people can enjoy.

The decay within rank will still not lead to fun or rewards and will perpetuate the cycle of afk/bot/pve inside PvP
It's realy what we need for pvp, now i see how some ppl farm 1 200 000 honor and that inposible count for normal ppl who have rl.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:02 pm

Satirical wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:10 am
I don't mind PVP at all. Just don't think it's lore friendly to do mercenaries. And I literally said everything else was good so I dont know where you got whatever you're screeching about.
did u play warcraft? because mercs is in the base game...(and lore tho)

Tiancaixin

Post by Tiancaixin » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:57 am

I open this post every day and look at it,Expect to see more news about PVP changes,

Bert47

Post by Bert47 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:11 am

Any chance we could get an update on when pvp reward changes will be implemented ? Would love to see the blue sets become more usable

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:42 am

1: I am very relieved that all my efforts into AV will not go to waste the moment I need a break from TWoW due to IRL or just to play another game.
2: As long as there is an option to queue as NOT MERC in PVP I see no problem with this.
3: This is sorely needed and sounds fun. Please, at least, add some Tmogs to earn.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:30 am

I hope they wont implement mercenaries mode - short AV ques is the main reason i rolled horde.
I love to open game, press que button and get instant invitation.
Mercenarie mode will ruin it since alliancers gonna jump horde team.

If you are worried about que time - fix AV map horde huge disadvantage so 90% alliance wont spam it because unfair and easy honor with skipping WSG and AB completely even during their weekdays.

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:33 am

Ataika wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:30 am
I hope they wont implement mercenaries mode - short AV ques is the main reason i rolled horde.
+1. Implementing this system gives even fewer reasons to roll Horde, making the faction balance worse. If you roll the majority faction you should have to accept higher queue times, and if you roll the minority faction you should be rewarded with near-instant queues. The server has Warmode now, so some semblance of faction balance in PvP should be encouraged.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm

Cross - Realms Battlegrounds!

That is want we need in TelAbim PvP Server, in order to make Qs pop more.
Give it to the ppl pls at last!!

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:57 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm

So you want to be 1shot by Naxx geared people in bg`s ?
Not sure that is well thought out by your wish satisfied_turtle_head

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:02 pm

Holyhorrorr wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:57 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 pm

So you want to be 1shot by Naxx geared people in bg`s ?
Not sure that is well thought out by your wish satisfied_turtle_head
if there is skills, gear doesnt matter imo...

But either way is more fun to join BGs all the time and farm Honor, instead of waiting on long Qs and never farm.
insidious_turtle insidious_turtle

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:28 pm

Shambakriger wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:19 am
How would you be welcomed in Orgrimmar when rumour spread that you helped the dwarves of Alterac Valley kill Drek'thar, one of Thralls most trusted advisors?
Or how would the alliance treat you after finding out that you helped the forsaken gain a foothold in Arathi Basin, one of the last bastions of human power in the north?
Cross-faction battlegrounds aren't lore-friendly just because the alliance and horde aren't in an all out war. The mercenary system would only make sense if you were officially counted as a deserter to your faction, and that's a whole other can of worms
Honestly it’d be pretty cool if there were a “traitor” debuff where your own faction was unfriendly to you for a while after you go mercenary. Maybe NPCs in capital cities would react to you by spitting on you and saying rude things at you as you pass by. Maybe it could even open up other quests you could do as a traitor, like a human character could get some quests from the Defias when they see you’ve gone traitor. Heck, you could even have a whole little city just for traitors.

There’s a lot of fun ways this could be taken and expanded upon.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 pm

No crossfaction BGs pls (at least not in Tel Abim Server). I cant stand the idea that im in the same team with the oposite faction. I hate it [mad_turtle_head

Blackbook

Post by Blackbook » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:44 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 pm
No crossfaction BGs pls (at least not in Tel Abim Server). I cant stand the idea that im in the same team with the oposite faction. I hate it [mad_turtle_head
I dont care anymore whats important for me is does a bg open before i have to go to bed.

Shambakriger

Post by Shambakriger » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:19 pm

Mac wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:28 pm
Shambakriger wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:19 am
How would you be welcomed in Orgrimmar when rumour spread that you helped the dwarves of Alterac Valley kill Drek'thar, one of Thralls most trusted advisors?
Or how would the alliance treat you after finding out that you helped the forsaken gain a foothold in Arathi Basin, one of the last bastions of human power in the north?
Cross-faction battlegrounds aren't lore-friendly just because the alliance and horde aren't in an all out war. The mercenary system would only make sense if you were officially counted as a deserter to your faction, and that's a whole other can of worms
Honestly it’d be pretty cool if there were a “traitor” debuff where your own faction was unfriendly to you for a while after you go mercenary. Maybe NPCs in capital cities would react to you by spitting on you and saying rude things at you as you pass by. Maybe it could even open up other quests you could do as a traitor, like a human character could get some quests from the Defias when they see you’ve gone traitor. Heck, you could even have a whole little city just for traitors.

There’s a lot of fun ways this could be taken and expanded upon.

Having a third faction is definitely a cool idea that has been suggested many times, and would be needed for cross-faction bgs to make sense lore wise.
But it would be such a huge amount of work as well as a complete departure from the two faction system that wow has always been known for.
Warcraft 3 ended with the horde and alliance banding together to fight a common threat, a theme that has occurred multiple times in wc lore. Cross-faction pve reflects this well, cross-faction pvp really doesn’t (at least not without a complete faction overhaul)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:05 pm

Blackbook wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:44 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 pm
I dont care anymore whats important for me is does a bg open before i have to go to bed.
Then dont play overpopulated faction