No moderation about SoD?

Locked
User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:37 pm

People have been talking about SoD for days, weeks, in the game world chat and on most discord chats. They're free to play SoD of course but they're constantly derailing the discussion, #general-telabim for instance is mainly about SoD discussions now, even after launch, can you start moderating now that SoD has launched? Thank you.

User avatar
Bigsmerf
Posts: 1025
Location: Canada Eh
Likes: 2 times

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:54 pm

I don't think it says anywhere in the rules that you're not allowed to discuss other servers, or official blizzard content. I see no issue here.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

User avatar
Whitewolf76239
Posts: 44

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:05 pm

No different than talking about another private server release. Any potential competition is bad for business and should be restricted.

User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:54 pm
I don't think it says anywhere in the rules that you're not allowed to discuss other servers, or official blizzard content. I see no issue here.
Rules can be changed, that's what I'm asking. There are dedicated discord and forums to discuss SoD, Turtle discord is not the correct space imo. This is disrespectful to Turtle players who don't want to play SoD. When I go to #general-telabim I expect to see talk about the server Tel'Abim not SoD.

User avatar
Zvyrhol
Posts: 381
Has liked: 7 times
Likes: 2 times

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Zvyrhol » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:36 pm

Whitewolf76239 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:05 pm
No different than talking about another private server release. Any potential competition is bad for business and should be restricted.
What? First of all muting players for talking about another private server is dumb idea. Imagine being a GM that would be doing this job. Reputation and trust towards GMs would be totally ruined in the eyes of community. Fortunately, Turtle GMs have common sense and won't go that far.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:41 pm

Whitewolf76239 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:05 pm
No different than talking about another private server release. Any potential competition is bad for business and should be restricted.
I'm not asking to outright ban speak of other servers at all, this would be bad, it's normal to discuss and comparing other servers. I'm talking about obvious trolls who only talk about SoD all day. It's easy to tell the difference just look at the user chat history.

User avatar
Darktifa
Posts: 542
Location: Greece

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Darktifa » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:45 pm

is this the daily SoD advertisement thread?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

User avatar
Whalemilk
Posts: 303

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Whalemilk » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:19 pm

I sympathize… its crazy the amount of people who play turtlewow but absolutely hate it. They complain about everything, but they keep playing?

I could understand if turtlewow was the only place to play wow, but…

Anyways, I just miss the days where people would be super happy to be playing turtlewow and not shitting on it for some unknown reason.

User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:29 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:19 pm
I sympathize… its crazy the amount of people who play turtlewow but absolutely hate it. They complain about everything, but they keep playing?
Well they don't keep playing that's the point, they share their adventures on SoD, which is cool but just not the right place imo.

Balake
Posts: 735

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Balake » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 am

Biggest 1st world problem is being frustrated by people talking about SoD.
Just /ignore and block people you don't wanna hear. The existence of SoD is a good thing for turtle wow because it draw the retail community's attention to the vanilla+ concept, and turtle wow can learn from SoD what they can get inspired from and what the mistakes made that should be avoided.

Blackbook
Posts: 40

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Blackbook » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:22 am

Whalemilk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:19 pm
I sympathize… its crazy the amount of people who play turtlewow but absolutely hate it. They complain about everything, but they keep playing?

I could understand if turtlewow was the only place to play wow, but…

Anyways, I just miss the days where people would be super happy to be playing turtlewow and not shitting on it for some unknown reason.
There is just no moderation at all. If u go to far u get muted or kicked from discord but overall u can be the biggest toxic ass and still no consequences. Compared to when i started playing Turtle is went downhill pretty fast. Discord and ingame its just not a cozy server anymore its full of problematic people that always make u question why u still between the trash of society.

And yeah i think u should kick people for: Serva is deaD, SoD HyPe etc. Clearly trolls trying to change the atmosphere of the server in a bad way for who knows what reason.

Eversongwoods
Posts: 154

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Eversongwoods » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 am

If someone's only purpose on the server is to trash it, make fun of the population and hype sod then i dont see a reason to keep them around. Other than that i dont have a issue with sod discussion.

User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:47 am

Balake wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 am
Biggest 1st world problem is being frustrated by people talking about SoD.
Please read a thread before replying, I never asked for a ban on SoD talk :
Thol wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:41 pm
I'm not asking to outright ban speak of other servers at all, this would be bad, it's normal to discuss and comparing other servers. I'm talking about obvious trolls who only talk about SoD all day. It's easy to tell the difference just look at the user chat history.
Eversongwoods wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 am
If someone's only purpose on the server is to trash it, make fun of the population and hype sod then i dont see a reason to keep them around. Other than that i dont have a issue with sod discussion.
Exactly they're just bad actors with an agenda to hurt the server.

User avatar
Dracarusggotham
Posts: 431
Location: Azeroth
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 1 time
Contact:

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:25 pm

In my own opinion, don't pay attention to them.
I was expecting something like new races, new places or something like that, feel that PLUS.
But...
-Runes...
-Modified dungeons to make it raids...
-More runes...

For now SoD don't offers nothing attractive, only things for PvP that don't look attractive for me.
So, ignore it and keep playing Turtle WoW, waiting for more images of the new patch.

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Thol wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:37 pm
People have been talking about SoD for days, weeks, in the game world chat and on most discord chats. They're free to play SoD of course but they're constantly derailing the discussion, #general-telabim for instance is mainly about SoD discussions now, even after launch, can you start moderating now that SoD has launched? Thank you.
Ohhh, poor you. Are you afraid that shitzard could steal population from this server?

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:25 pm
In my own opinion, don't pay attention to them.
I was expecting something like new races, new places or something like that, feel that PLUS.
But...
-Runes...
-Modified dungeons to make it raids...
-More runes...

For now SoD don't offers nothing attractive, only things for PvP that don't look attractive for me.
So, ignore it and keep playing Turtle WoW, waiting for more images of the new patch.
tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle. There gonna be new places and new mobs, they said it. Im curious about it.

User avatar
Dracarusggotham
Posts: 431
Location: Azeroth
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 1 time
Contact:

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:25 pm
In my own opinion, don't pay attention to them.
I was expecting something like new races, new places or something like that, feel that PLUS.
But...
-Runes...
-Modified dungeons to make it raids...
-More runes...

For now SoD don't offers nothing attractive, only things for PvP that don't look attractive for me.
So, ignore it and keep playing Turtle WoW, waiting for more images of the new patch.
tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle. There gonna be new places and new mobs, they said it. Im curious about it.
I'll take Blizzard's word for it when I see those new places instead of recycling the ones that are already adding a couple of trees and buildings and saying "Bro, look at this new village that was installed on the outskirts of Goldshire" and seeing a little house there with an NPC with a couple of shitty quests.
Being Blizzard, I expected more of this "Plus", instead of runes and more runes and meme combinations, you know, Blizzard is not a private server with a small development team...it's Blizzard, which is supposed to be the original creator of all things Warcraft.
And yes, PvP doesn't attract my attention, I don't even care if it is balanced, I only do it very rarely when I see a player of my level and who has war mode activated, otherwise it is not important to me whether it is balanced or unbalanced.
To get my attention, Blizzard should have done something similar to TWoW with their patches instead of this "Temporary Event", which from what I understood, was all over at the end.

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:25 pm
In my own opinion, don't pay attention to them.
I was expecting something like new races, new places or something like that, feel that PLUS.
But...
-Runes...
-Modified dungeons to make it raids...
-More runes...

For now SoD don't offers nothing attractive, only things for PvP that don't look attractive for me.
So, ignore it and keep playing Turtle WoW, waiting for more images of the new patch.
tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle. There gonna be new places and new mobs, they said it. Im curious about it.
I'll take Blizzard's word for it when I see those new places instead of recycling the ones that are already adding a couple of trees and buildings and saying "Bro, look at this new village that was installed on the outskirts of Goldshire" and seeing a little house there with an NPC with a couple of shitty quests.
Being Blizzard, I expected more of this "Plus", instead of runes and more runes and meme combinations, you know, Blizzard is not a private server with a small development team...it's Blizzard, which is supposed to be the original creator of all things Warcraft.
And yes, PvP doesn't attract my attention, I don't even care if it is balanced, I only do it very rarely when I see a player of my level and who has war mode activated, otherwise it is not important to me whether it is balanced or unbalanced.
To get my attention, Blizzard should have done something similar to TWoW with their patches instead of this "Temporary Event", which from what I understood, was all over at the end.
I think its their testing ground to check if people wanna it, from what I've heard from their presentations, they gonna add new stuff like twow did. Lets wait and see how it gonna be. Still, Im not gonna play twow after they decided to betray their orginal vision and added pvp server.

User avatar
Dracarusggotham
Posts: 431
Location: Azeroth
Has liked: 1 time
Likes: 1 time
Contact:

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Dracarusggotham » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm


tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle. There gonna be new places and new mobs, they said it. Im curious about it.
I'll take Blizzard's word for it when I see those new places instead of recycling the ones that are already adding a couple of trees and buildings and saying "Bro, look at this new village that was installed on the outskirts of Goldshire" and seeing a little house there with an NPC with a couple of shitty quests.
Being Blizzard, I expected more of this "Plus", instead of runes and more runes and meme combinations, you know, Blizzard is not a private server with a small development team...it's Blizzard, which is supposed to be the original creator of all things Warcraft.
And yes, PvP doesn't attract my attention, I don't even care if it is balanced, I only do it very rarely when I see a player of my level and who has war mode activated, otherwise it is not important to me whether it is balanced or unbalanced.
To get my attention, Blizzard should have done something similar to TWoW with their patches instead of this "Temporary Event", which from what I understood, was all over at the end.
I think its their testing ground to check if people wanna it, from what I've heard from their presentations, they gonna add new stuff like twow did. Lets wait and see how it gonna be. Still, Im not gonna play twow after they decided to betray their orginal vision and added pvp server.
That server was a mistake, no one will deny it, but at least the PvE-RP server is healthy and full of players.
We warn them, but no one hear.
I'm happy cause the PvE Server don't suffered the consequences of that stupid decisition.

User avatar
Whalemilk
Posts: 303

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm


tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle. There gonna be new places and new mobs, they said it. Im curious about it.
I'll take Blizzard's word for it when I see those new places instead of recycling the ones that are already adding a couple of trees and buildings and saying "Bro, look at this new village that was installed on the outskirts of Goldshire" and seeing a little house there with an NPC with a couple of shitty quests.
Being Blizzard, I expected more of this "Plus", instead of runes and more runes and meme combinations, you know, Blizzard is not a private server with a small development team...it's Blizzard, which is supposed to be the original creator of all things Warcraft.
And yes, PvP doesn't attract my attention, I don't even care if it is balanced, I only do it very rarely when I see a player of my level and who has war mode activated, otherwise it is not important to me whether it is balanced or unbalanced.
To get my attention, Blizzard should have done something similar to TWoW with their patches instead of this "Temporary Event", which from what I understood, was all over at the end.
I think its their testing ground to check if people wanna it, from what I've heard from their presentations, they gonna add new stuff like twow did. Lets wait and see how it gonna be. Still, Im not gonna play twow after they decided to betray their orginal vision and added pvp server.

Why are you upset about the PvP server? How does it affect you?

Jc473
Posts: 415

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Jc473 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:12 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:44 pm
tbh SoD have better balance and make memespecs useful, I see that as big win over turtle.
SoD has better balance? How have you come to this conclusion? Based on YouTube content creator opinion? Almost no one has actually played the game yet...
One of the major attractions of SoD is the fact that it will be exploratory. Trust me, they will be doing many rounds of class balancing because you cannot introduce such drastic changes without needing to do so. The community will get to join in on this 'testing' and there will plenty of outrage on how certain things are too strong/weak.

Re memespecs being useful - this is something that TWoW has definitely tried to address (e.g. Shadow priests are now very welcome in a raid setting). I guarantee you that the next round of balancing will continue this journey. Are TWoW slow and conservative with their changes? Yes, absolutely, and this can understandably be frustrating to some people. But, I'd personally prefer this approach compared with SoD which is way too heavy handed for my liking.

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:18 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:10 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:02 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:52 pm


I'll take Blizzard's word for it when I see those new places instead of recycling the ones that are already adding a couple of trees and buildings and saying "Bro, look at this new village that was installed on the outskirts of Goldshire" and seeing a little house there with an NPC with a couple of shitty quests.
Being Blizzard, I expected more of this "Plus", instead of runes and more runes and meme combinations, you know, Blizzard is not a private server with a small development team...it's Blizzard, which is supposed to be the original creator of all things Warcraft.
And yes, PvP doesn't attract my attention, I don't even care if it is balanced, I only do it very rarely when I see a player of my level and who has war mode activated, otherwise it is not important to me whether it is balanced or unbalanced.
To get my attention, Blizzard should have done something similar to TWoW with their patches instead of this "Temporary Event", which from what I understood, was all over at the end.
I think its their testing ground to check if people wanna it, from what I've heard from their presentations, they gonna add new stuff like twow did. Lets wait and see how it gonna be. Still, Im not gonna play twow after they decided to betray their orginal vision and added pvp server.

Why are you upset about the PvP server? How does it affect you?
Turtle devs orginally said they wont do new server because it their minds there should be one server that anyone can play without fear of losing their stuff. people asked for new server for HC players so they dont steal stuff and mobs from normal players. And now turtle devs did pvp server that almost no one asked for, this divided playerbase.

Jc473
Posts: 415

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Jc473 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:27 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:18 pm
And now turtle devs did pvp server that almost no one asked for, this divided playerbase.
There was a lot of pressure from people and content creators for the PvP server. There was no escaping the sheer amount of forum posts and discord comments. So, the "almost no one asked for" is a very inaccurate take.

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:27 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:18 pm
And now turtle devs did pvp server that almost no one asked for, this divided playerbase.
There was a lot of pressure from people and content creators for the PvP server. There was no escaping the sheer amount of forum posts and discord comments. So, the "almost no one asked for" is a very inaccurate take.
Ever heard about loud minniority thing?

Tinyplease
Posts: 23

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Tinyplease » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:00 pm

Censorship is cringe.

Funny how all the Tel'Abim fresh chasers are going SoD now

Jc473
Posts: 415

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Jc473 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:02 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm
Ever heard about loud minniority thing?
Anecdotal evidence - I saw as many names on the forums wanting the PvP server as those which did not. I also saw plenty of different people talking about it on the discord server. Make of this, what you will....

Empirical evidence - An initial population of ~5k does not suggest that the 'loud minority' got their way. As to why people are choosing not to play anymore, well, that's a different, but worthwhile, discussion.

User avatar
Thol
Posts: 187

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Thol » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:57 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:41 pm
Ohhh, poor you. Are you afraid that shitzard could steal population from this server?
Not at all, players are free to play SoD, I was just talking about obnoxious people such as yourself who talk about it all day long and keep derailing the conversation. In my mind Turtle discord should be primarily about Turtle server but I got no answer to my initial question so it seems you're allowed to speak about SoD as much as you want.

User avatar
Whalemilk
Posts: 303

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:54 pm

Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm
Ever heard about loud minniority thing?
Your the type of person who is the loud minority. Yelling “I told you so!”, “PvP bad idea”, etc.

Any normal and relaxed human being does not care whether or not some PvP server fails or not. Normal people just play the game to have fun.

Algeri420
Posts: 51

Re: No moderation about SoD?

Post by Algeri420 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:54 pm
Algeri420 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm
Ever heard about loud minniority thing?
Your the type of person who is the loud minority. Yelling “I told you so!”, “PvP bad idea”, etc.

Any normal and relaxed human being does not care whether or not some PvP server fails or not. Normal people just play the game to have fun.

Locked