Shadow as main spec?

Rnab

Shadow as main spec?

Post by Rnab » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:51 am

New to TW, hence the noob question: are shadow priests treated the same as in classic? Can a DPS priest find raid spots? I played a priest in vanilla and was forced to heal MC even though i just wanted to play shadow.

I cant handle going through that awful experience of clicking on bars again. I was thinking about rolling mage/lock on the new server but thought to ask if sp was a viable option for endgame pve raiding.

Drubarrymooer

Re: Shadow as main spec?

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:23 am

There aren't nearly as many sweaty chad guilds here as in classic. Most raids will take 1 or 2. I've taken 2 to UBRS and zgs as well.

Rawbone

Post by Rawbone » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:45 am

If the raid leader knows what changes the Shadowpriest got, they definitly want at least 1 per raid, as they provide much mana back to casters and mana users with the new talent, so be sure to let everyone know that!

Quidoba

Post by Quidoba » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:20 pm

Yes, you can find raids spots. I think the main change is just spriests have had their mana issues addressed which allows them to be competitive in DPS. But be warned that mages and warlocks do out damage spriests in later content.

Obviously, there's no guarantee that you won't be asked to heal some as a hybrid class. Also, we have no idea how the class distribution will be on the new pvp server. It's possible that spriests are very popular, and mages or warlocks are more in demand. But all three are popular in PVP, so seems like a wash. But if you really want to not heal in raids, then it's probably safer to roll a pure dps class.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:41 pm

Spriest is really good imo. Dps is respectable, and you can off heal with vampiric embrace, on top of mana regen. Overall an awesome (an fun from my experience) spec to main if you find a guild that won't pigeonhole you into healing, which is relatively common here.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Shark0175

Post by Shark0175 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 am

Shadow priests are a viable DPS option in Turtle WoW but may not always be guaranteed raid spots.fnf You should consider other DPS classes like mages or warlocks.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:45 am

shadow priest is the third most buffed spec on turtle wow next to ret paladin and feral druid. Most of the issues shadow priests had in classic (mana, debuff limit) are resolved. The only downside to the spec is not having any aoe. Most guilds will want or be fine with at least one shadow priest in the raid all the way up to naxx.