Remove Divine Shield entirerly

Kobiq

Remove Divine Shield entirerly

Post by Kobiq » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:50 pm

In current form it's usage is doubtful both in PVP and PVE. Divine protection and BoP are all that holy paladin needs, so let's remove it completely and maybe compensate with some interrupt, which Paladin badly lacks to deal with Shaman especially. Note that we still lose the last anti kite defence so it looks fair to me.

Harkus

Re: Remove Divine Shield entirerly

Post by Harkus » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:25 pm

Thinly-veiled PvP QQ thread
If you want all classes to be homogenized to hell go play a Cata or MoP private server

Jrobz

Post by Jrobz » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:28 pm

Harkus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:25 pm
I was kinda thinking the same. No one gripes about Pally Bubbles in PvE.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:55 pm

There is divine shield, the bubble we all know last 12s and recently changed to 50% dmg reduction and it makes you immune to everything, removes all debuffs.

There is also the obsolete divine protection. The low level speperare spell, last 8s, also makes you immune but does not allow any offensive spell casts at all.

Both of these share 5 min CD and drop aggro on use from npcs.
I would like to see the low level one changed to become tanking relevant.

Instead of immune, you get 50% dmg reduction, dispell onetime on use all debuffs, and yiu can attack normally, npcs keep attacking. Basically like shield wall or frenzied regeneration.

Jrobz

Post by Jrobz » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:40 pm

Not a bad idea. Doesn't really have it's own pally flair, but a decent staple Def CD.

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 pm

Best way to make Divine Protection useful, is change it to reduce all incoming damage to 50%, like it was in wotlk.

Mengli

Post by Mengli » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:35 pm

Tasman wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Best way to make Divine Protection useful, is change it to reduce all incoming damage to 50%, like it was in wotlk.
I constantly use Divine Protection lvl 1 in tanking. This is a great opportunity to remove any debuffs for 15 mana.
And to instantly cancel Divine Protection, so as not to lose aggro, I use the BlockProtection addon (commands /BP ON /BP OFF).
This addon is extremely little known, written by people who played on the old server Feenix. If anyone needs it, you can take it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g9BIAn ... sp=sharing

Kuqtuvaldor

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:39 am

Harkus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:25 pm
If you want all classes to be homogenized to hell go play a Cata or MoP private server
There's no need to veil anything, battlegrounds are dominated by 1/8 class. Nerf.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:40 pm

or just add shaterring throw to warriors.(better btw)

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:28 am

Nah ... Bubble is main spell for Paladins ...