Nefl alternative racial

Wilsonsds

Nefl alternative racial

Post by Wilsonsds » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:08 am

Hello everyone

This is a brainstorm and suggestions (on favor or against it) about the topic . The point is, Nelf priests racial is not great, theres no other way around it. It uses a lot of mana for something that an wand is equivallent. It was so bad that was something that changed a lot over WoW expansions.

For that i would suggest ways to implement the use of bows for Nelf priests. But not aiming to steal the bows with dps stats from hunters. But new itens, a wand equivallent, or slight better (because it will have a dead zone).

Also, these Nelf priests bows would have priests stats, like healing, spirit and shadow damage, maybe with a slight lower white damage DPS for a tradeoff for more stats.

This is very lore accurate and i think is inside the scope of TWOW.

Now for the brainstorm:

1) Nelf priests could learn the bow skill at level 10, because at this level he would start aiming for group content.

2) Nelf priests could do their starshards as a dot intead of channeling with a bow eqquiped.

3) With the bow deadzone, anything at melee range it becomes useless for attaking. (same as hunters)

4) No pet for priests, so for solo content would not be viable, for that wands would be used.

5) Hit chance would be the same as using wands.

6) would need arrows as hunters, and could benefit from a quiver.

7) the autoattack does not stops, just halts, when casting something, again, as a hunter.

Thats it, look, the objective is just a racial and not a class revamp.

If someone thinks that this idea is OP, i guess the result is just lowering the startshards damage, and the bow white damage for priests.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Jagjag

Re: Nefl alternative racial

Post by Jagjag » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:44 am

Holy archer, lovely!

You can put in different weapons for each race as well.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:18 pm

No chance brother

Kobiq

Post by Kobiq » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:05 am

I always like nice immersive lore-wise ideas and think they should be introduced in bulk in TWOW to emphasize it's entity even further. However we should still stick to the "Vanilla" core so changes cant be too complex. That being said, I think Starshards could be simply reworked to some sort of spell that you described (even without equipping a bow). And the shadowmeld itself needs to be reworked to the current retail form as well.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:54 pm

I'd love to see this kind of things, it is true that the lore and roleplay-focus of TWoW allows these kind of de-standardizations.
This is perfectly doable and adequate, just a simpler version;

Hunters are notorious for having a claim on almost the entire arsenal of weapon types, it wouldn't harm them if one out of the three ranged weapons they use, that noone else uses, would be also used by specifically Night Elf priests, so I wouldn't complicate this idea and simply add bows being useable to NE priests.

It'd indeed be lore-acurate, having them use bows instead of wands, when they are not casting.
I'd acompany it with the Wand Specialization being replaced with Bow Specialization in the discipline tree, for NEs only.
Perhaps add a NE priest class quest every 20 levels that rewards a bow with useful stats.

Starshards:

Simpler option - a rework; reduce the chanelling time from 6 sec to 4 sec (this would boost it'd damage because it'd make arcane/spell power bonus to not be spread too thin, as the max spell power coefficient is 100% at 3.5 sec, anything longer than that looses benefit from it), subsequently; reduce the damage and mana cost by 33%, matching the 4 sec channelling time.

A more interactive option - there could be a racial passive or talent, called "Firmament", this could go multiple ways:

a) bow autoattack have a 20% chance to apply the "wrath of elune" debuff, decreasing arcane resist of the target by X and increasing arcane damage taken by Y% for 5 minutes (giving NE priests arcane enhancing utility)

b) while wielding bows, starshards ability becomes a dot instead of a channeled spell, but not instant; with 2 second cast time

c) your bow attacks and offensive spells have a 20% chance to apply the wrath of elune debuff, increasing starshards damage on the target by 25% for 2 minutes

d) your starshards ability has a chance whenever it deals damage to increase your attack speed with bows by 30% for 15 sec

e) Attacking with a bow has a 10% chance to make the next Starshards cost no mana
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Thraxexus

Post by Thraxexus » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:23 pm

+1 nelf priest racials are so stinky

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:51 pm

make starshards do some aoe splash damage or something problem solved.

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:20 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:51 pm
Best idea. Priests lack range aoe and that would be incentive enough to choose night elf over the others choices.

Human feedback cost was reduced but it needs to :
- be castable on others
- cd lowered
- Work on melee hits

That would be a great help for tanks which are in difficulty against casters.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:11 pm

Rafale wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:20 pm
Blackduck wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:51 pm
Best idea. Priests lack range aoe and that would be incentive enough to choose night elf over the others choices.

Human feedback cost was reduced but it needs to :
- be castable on others
- cd lowered
- Work on melee hits

That would be a great help for tanks which are in difficulty against casters.
feedback should be a shadow spell and should proc blackout, etc. Same with mana drain.